Homebrew [Tutorial] How to use your pc to transfer any data to your o3DS and N3DS on any firmware

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have not found anyhting about this on gbatemp, instead all I keep coming across are threads talking about a ftp homebrew that some one has created, which most of theme are rarely updated. Or people mentioning the microsd management apps from that iso website (the microsd management apps only work on windows).

But any way enough with the bull :shit:, lets begin!

Step 1: Download filezilla for your OS of choice and leave it open (for Linux if you are lazy and don't want to run the tar you can just install the windows version using wine). I will not explain how to install wine on Linux this is not the place for it!

Step 2: Next what you want to do is download a homebrew app for the 3DS called FTP-GMX-2.2, the app can be run on a flash cart, from inside the homebrew launcher, and on your EmuNAND. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ftp-gmx-customize-your-ftbrony.410506/ <----> https://github.com/FloatingStar/FTP-GMX/releases

Step 3: Download and install FTP-GMX-2.2 on your 3ds, start it up and this is what you should do. Take the ip address from FTP-GMX and put it inside the host box for filezilla (don't worry about the username and password you don't need them so leave those blank), next take the the port number from FTP-GMX and put it inside the port box for filezilla.

Step 4: Now click quickconnect and filezilla will connect you to the root of your sd card, now you can put anything you want on the 3ds. :yay3ds:

Reactions: Nutez

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought FTP was self-explanatory, but this can only serve to help those that don't think so. Thanks for writing this!

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally use FTPD 2.2 (Formally known as FTBrony), along with WinSCP. But to each their own, it all works just the same anyways.

FTPD + WinSCP for transferring small files to the SD

Then there's also

FBI + SocketPunch GUI Mod for installing cia's wirelessly.

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I always thought FTP was self-explanatory, but this can only serve to help those that don't think so. Thanks for writing this!

If you have ever had a hacked ps3 than this is a no brainer, after all its the same process. :lol:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I personally use FTPD 2.2 (Formally known as FTBrony), along with WinSCP. But to each their own, it all works just the same anyways.

Then there's also

FTPD + WinSCP I can see working, but using FBI is a bad idea you can't transfer big files with it.

Then there's also

Your talking about ftbrony ll turbo v2.1, but FTP-GMX-2.2 is a updated version of it. Visit the gbatemp link from the tutorial and it will explain it better.

Reactions: MattKimura

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the transfer speed with this?
The only thing keeping me form using ftpwhatever is the slow transfer speed, which is fine for transferring single programs or screenshots, but makes it useless for moving cias, for example.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have ever had a hacked ps3 than this is a no brainer, after all its the same process. :lol:

FTPD + WinSCP I can see working, but using FBI is a bad idea you can't transfer big files with it.

Your talking about ftbrony ll turbo v2.1, but FTP-GMX-2.2 is a updated version of it. Visit the gbatemp link from the tutorial and it will explain it better.
It's actually called FTPD 2.2, even in the app itself. It's compiled from the source. I'll definitely check out the one you're using though.

Edit: FTP-GMX says Jan 27th as it's latest commit, and FTPD (FtBrony II Turbo) says Feb 3rd, so which is newer o_0

Close enough, I'll think about switching to FTP-GMX.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.