Hacking [Tutorial]How to break the game limit on red button Sky3DS cartridges

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi, can i know what region of Resident Evil you are using? i am having the same issue with my Bluebutton Sky3ds and i have downloaded 3 different Revelations US ROM already and using the updated Diskwriter and template but still the same error "this game cannot be started".

But i heard EUR revelations is working fine with Sky3ds
Mine is usa region rom.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd Like to say a big thank You to Arithmatics, Dawnbomb for the excellent tutorial and pre-modified template, great work guys :)

my pre modded template is outta date now compared to newer ones.im outta town for like a week so i'll maybe get around to a new one when i get back

also for blue carts yeah, because only ingame problems should show, and because the writer is pretty damn good, only technical ishues or very rare problems should occur. it should work most perfectly.

haznpapo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys can someone please help me.games keep scolling and only 1 works please help.any detailed tutorial or a better step by step then sky3ds page will be helpful.thank you all.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys can someone please help me.games keep scolling and only 1 works please help.any detailed tutorial or a better step by step then sky3ds page will be helpful.thank you all.
It seems to work fine using the tool (page 1) or warnings's method (page 19).

It still scrolls non-stop, but you can hold the button down for five seconds as soon as it appears on the screen. It stops on the game, plays and saves fine, but the light will not stop flashing.

Reactions: haznpapo

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With the release of DiskWriterV105 and template1225 you don't have to do anything anymore... Just burn your roms as normal.
-microSD#1...First 10 games written will have "push button scroll"...press A to select.
-microSD#2,#3,#4,etc...All other games will have "auto scroll"...when game pops up...hold red button for 5 seconds...press A to select.

You don't need to use any crack tool, and you don't need to edit any templates.
DiskWriterV105 and template1225 will write your card as normal EEPROM=YES.
Play and save fine, every game I've thrown at it.
Quick and easy to backup\restore the .SAV files...as apposed to the whole rom when set to EEPROM=NO.

The methods used in the original post are WAY outdated (especially method#2) ...OP defiantly needs an edit.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just experienced a save reversion! It wasn't a save corruption or deletion, but the game save reverted to an earlier point in time, and I lost a few hours of progress.

What had happened: I had played a game multiple times for about an hour at a time. Then, I swapped out memory cards to test warnings's method of bypassing the limit. When I finally came back to it, I found my save had almost nothing on it, and was still half way through the tutorial.

What worries me: This wasn't the card I tested warnings's method on, or anything else. This was one of my original 10! The card never dumped the newer save from the EEPROM to the MicroSD.

What I did to test: I decided to save three times, to test on what conditions the cart would dump the EEPROM.
1.) Do something ingame, save, go back to home screen, cycle through all 10 roms, and then come back to it.
2.) Do something else, save, go back to home screen, and then come back to it.
3.) Do something else, save, shut off the system.
4.) Swap MicroSDs, and play a different game.
5.) Swap back, come back to the first game, and see what saved.

The results: Only the actions performed after the first test saved. Everything else was lost.

My conclusion: We should probably start telling people to cycle through their MicroSDs more often if swapping cards can make you lose progress. It isn't really so much about bypassing as it is good practice considering the cart, though.

haznpapo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WELL I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.I'M SENDING THIS CARD BACK WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME.STILL SAME THING.THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP.HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

xps2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just generate your own sky3ds template using Falo's tool:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-your-own-sky3ds-template-entries.374775/#post-5176946

Had to use this for NES-remix-US.

i need help can not get the game to working it will not show up in game menu

i use Falo's tool to generate code of Ultimate NES Remix USA ver

then burn it when i put it in the Nintendo 3ds the led it just blink one time nothing happen

yes i have try eject the sky3ds card then put it back in again the led it just blink one nothing happen

when i press the red or blue button nothing happen

i did try to hold for 5 second red or blue button nothing happen

thanks in advance

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sigh. The edit I spent a few hours on....

I'm updating the first post with any and all newfound changes. If you notice it with bad formatting keep calm,it'll be over soon.

Thanks guys for the input and findings.

xps2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the game-card cannot be read, you have a bad dump. backup your retail cart.

this right here is not true at all 99.99% all the game i have download it from many different site
and backup my own game will work on gateway 3ds

but on the sky3ds is either buggy or glitch or the disk write or templates or sky3ds itself will not run the game properly

so do not say people are download a bad dump or corrupt they know what they doing they have download it from many different site and check if the game are identical crc

like warnings say
People on this thread kept saying it's a bad rom...re download, which is not true. 9.9 outta 10 the rom is just fine (especially if u see it 3dsexplorer)

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
this right here is not true at all 99.99% all the game i have download it from many different site
and backup my own game will work on gateway 3ds

but on the sky3ds is either buggy or glitch or the disk write or templates or sky3ds itself will not run the game properly

so do not say people are download a bad dump or corrupt they know what they doing they have download it from many different site and check if the game are identical crc

like warnings say

Okay okay sorry mate but that was old information. I'm updating the OP as I'm typing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday