Homebrew [Tutorial] Downgrading from 11.2 with fasthax

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I KNEW there was something like this on here, this was the post I was looking for! Alright, I'll be your guinea pig tester and see how this goes.
Wish me luck :ha::nds:

*Just re-read the thread. Hooy boy, never mind :rofl2:
I will prepare though.

Last edited by Ron457x2,
Reactions: monito uchiha

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I can't see if anyone as asked this, so I guess I will. Will I be able to downgrade with the homebrew launcher from my Cubic Ninja? I am on 11.0. I only see posts saying that you need access to the homebrew launcher.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
at the moment its not a release but a "compatibility tester" and open for devs to implement (as atthe moment it doesnt install a backdoor) it only runs without a backdoor. meaning without a dev finding a backdoor and implementing it, it wont do anything

Last edited by MarioMasta64,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also i noticed you have a new 3ds on 11.0 correct?
Yes. Why do you ask?

Any idea why HBL doesn't crash back to home menu, just freezes?
You have Menuhax installed. Uninstall Menuhax and use Soundhaxd instead.

So, I can't see if anyone as asked this, so I guess I will. Will I be able to downgrade with the homebrew launcher from my Cubic Ninja? I am on 11.0. I only see posts saying that you need access to the homebrew launcher.
You need a way to access the homebrew launcher. Ninjhax can do this, but you're better off just using Soundhax. You will also need one of four DSiWare games that have since been taken off the eShop: Legends of Exidia, Fieldrunners, Four Swords, or Guitar Rock Tour.

How can I use FBI on 11.2? Also, would it work on O3DS/2DS?
You need to wait for Fasthax to actually be released. Note that you will only be able to install Legit .cia files while on 11.2. It will work for O3DS/2DS, just maybe not right away.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wait for fasthax to be integegrated and likely no. (at least at the moment)
It will work for O3DS/2DS, just maybe not right away.
Well, just gotta wait 'till January 3rd and hope that the release is also compatible with 2DS. So I'll be able to install Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow on my brother's.

EDIT: And just found out that FBI needs to be updated in order to support fasthax. It's gonna take a little while. But it'll be worth to have a No Guard Retaliate Machamp with the Pokébank I'm gonna get later today. (last "present" until 2018, because some s**t happened to my O3DS so I (and by that, I don't literally mean me) had to buy a N3DS. In exchange for it, I'm gonna be 1 year and a half without any presents, birthday and Xmas included.)

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, just gotta wait 'till January 3rd and hope that the release is also compatible with 2DS. So I'll be able to install Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow on my brother's.
actually at the moment its n3ds only as he has noone to code for o3ds/2ds (run the same firm essentially when it comes to exploits) so if anyone knows a talented coder with an o3ds refer them to nedwils twitter (link in my signature) also the build of fasthax now is a "compatibility tester" get "we won!" and its compatible... noone with o3ds / 2ds has confirmed a we won (actually the opposite where it fails) so it has to be reworked (and since nedwill doesnt have any other than a n3ds-u well its meh)

Last edited by MarioMasta64,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And just found out that FBI needs to be updated in order to support fasthax.
This isn't necessarily true. You might be able to run a Fasthax standalone .3dsx (if one is released), and then run FBI. That being said, I'm sure it won't take long for it to be integrated into a new FBI update.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Hyoretsu, post: 6967146, member: 380594"EDIT: And just found out that FBI needs to be updated in order to support fasthax.
This isn't necessarily true. You might be able to run a Fasthax standalone .3dsx (if one is released), and then run FBI. That being said, I'm sure it won't take long for it to be integrated into a new FBI update.[/QUOTE]
by this you mean Mrrauou's fork yes?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This isn't necessarily true. You might be able to run a Fasthax standalone .3dsx (if one is released), and then run FBI. That being said, I'm sure it won't take long for it to be integrated into a new FBI update.
Oh, thought you had to (in the previous waithax) launch waithax's 3dsx and then launch a FBI that's compatible with it. Guess I won't have to wait THAT longer anymore.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thought you had to (in the previous waithax) launch waithax's 3dsx and then launch a FBI that's compatible with it. Guess I won't have to wait THAT longer anymore.
howver theyre may be bugs thats why its better to wait for it to be implemented into fbi (im gonna try out k11 day1 using my console as a test (dsiwarehax installer))

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Previous FBI versions weren't compatible with Waithax initially because they would try to run memchunkhax2.1 regardless. Now with standard FBI versions you can run a standalone .3dsx of a kernelhax before running FBI, or you can just FBI and it will select the appropriate integrated kernelhax to run. I believe FBI now checks if the relevant services are available when it starts up, and hence it should be 'forward-compatible' with a standalone Fasthax .3dsx release, though I may be wrong on this.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Previous FBI versions weren't compatible with Waithax initially because they would try to run memchunkhax2.1 regardless. Now with standard FBI versions you can run a standalone .3dsx of a kernelhax before running FBI, or you can just FBI and it will select the appropriate integrated kernelhax to run. I believe FBI now checks if the relevant services are available when it starts up, and hence it should be 'forward-compatible' with a standalone Fasthax .3dsx release, though I may be wrong on this.
this is why Mrraou's fork came into existence as it was made to just trigger k11 rather than to achieve it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu