Hacking turning a wifi usb adapter in a ds compatible one?

DCG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a zyxel G-220 usb wifi adapter. It is not designed to send to the ds, but on some reviews about the nintendo wifi usb they said: it's just a wifi adapter wich has a special program on the pc to make it connect to the ds.
I have got a wifi capable internet router but it kicks out my ds every time (as well as other stuff).
So, does anyone know a program to turn a zyxel G-220 into a adapter wich can connect to my ds?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I just did a quick google search and found this: http://download.cnet.com/ZyXEL-G-220-v2-Wi...12_4-99184.html

Have you tried just plugging it in and fiddling with the default options in Windows, should be able to set it up as an AP via My Network Places I think. Either way it should work with ur DS, just make sure you leave it unsecure or use WEP encyption, WPA wont work.

DCG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know wpa wont work
tongue.gif
only dsi/xl suports that one. luckely I have the v2 or els it would not work. will try now, will report if it works XD

edit. ...... still get error code 52002..... unable to obtain an IP address... bla bla DHCP. seems my router is still blocking me out... anyone got surgestions?

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get on your Router settings and enable P&P and also find a way to prioritize your DS whenever it connects, giving it a static IP address.... Netgear can do that, dunno about the rest

DCG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will try the static ip next ...... I hate this router, it kicks out almost everything and even blocks two of its own LAN gateways....... stupid zyxel prestige 2602 HW 61 C

mangatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i found this a while ago when i was thinking of buying a wi-fi adapter -which never happened- i never read it all because its too long but i think it may help you.

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mangatic said:
i found this a while ago when i was thinking of buying a wi-fi adapter -which never happened- i never read it all because its too long but i think it may help you.

You never posted a link or article.

mangatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
heyyouguys said:
mangatic said:

You never posted a link or article.
what? oh i see, i was in a hurry so i totally forgot, sorry, here it is:
Connecting NDS to a generic Wi-Fi adapter

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
if i remember your wifi pen is with zydas chipset, and is compatibile as ds lite or nintendo access point,
you just need the zydas software, if you tell me your windows version i can give you a link.
i used them to play yugi oh online

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1