Hardware Trying to set up a wireless adapter on Xbox 360

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend just gave me his old wireless adapter that was designed for the original Xbox. Apparently it's also possible to use it on the 360, but I'm not having much luck. It's a D-Link DWL-810+. I connected it to my laptop and configured it according to the manual I found, but the 360 doesn't detect any wireless adapter. Does anyone know how to set it up properly with a 360? Thanks.

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont detect a wireless adapter since the connection is wired
Ahh, okay, thanks. Under wired connection (which I had assumed was just the old network bridge settings I had), it tries but can't connect to the network for some reason. Do you have any ideas of what I should try?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried it on a laptop (or desktop, thats not connected to a wireless network) to confirm the d-link adapter can access the internet?

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried it on a laptop (or desktop, thats not connected to a wireless network) to confirm the d-link adapter can access the internet?
Upon trying, I was able to find another version of the manual which was much more helpful. I applied the correct settings, and now it's working just fine. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn