Hacking Trying to downgrade 11.0 to 9.2 thru sysUpdater

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If I understand the information from Luma3DS latest release correctly, then you should be able to downgrade from Firmware 11.0.
  • Reimplemented svcBackdoor and patched out the anti-downgrade checks for the latest (11.0) FIRM

But, and this is a big but.
This is only possible if your 3DS already has a working Luma3DS running on it.
.....yeah pretty sure anyone asking if they can downgrade from 11.0 wants to do so to run luma, like saying "oh we can open this locked door if we are already on the other side"

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The feature is still there.

Cant say I understand why it was implemented though.
Let's say you wanted to sell your 3ds with a hackable firmware, but wanted to remove all hacks first (for eBay rules or whatever). I guess this lets you downgrade back to a hackable firmware first before removing a9lh? I mean assuming you didn't have a 9.2 backup in the first place? I'm certain it's not a common scenario but if it was easy to implement, then why not?

Kazki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually. There is something I can say.

... you couldn't find a single post about it?
A
Single
Post?
Granted, nothing on the recent cfw section, which you posted in, has an explicit title asking about this, but let me do some quick googleing just to prove how easy it is to find an answer without further trashing a forum already flooded with noobs.
The search term 'downgrade 3ds 11.0' provides the following result after a few hardmod tutorials: http://wololo.net/2016/05/12/latest-3ds-firmware-hacked-3ds/
The term, 'gbatemp 3ds downgrade 11.0' will give on the second result a thread which answers your question and is written by Plailect, an extremely trustworthy user who wrote a guide which is basically the 3ds hacking Bible.
Finally, when clicking 'new thread', an answer is given to you immediately, in an attempt to prevent the trashing of forums in cases just like yours:
  • It is currently impossible to install (non-legit) CIA files or use CFWs if your 3DS is above firmware 9.2! All firmwares (10.7 and below) can be downgraded.
Furthermore:
  • Please check our forums and Google to get the latest up-to-date information on your CFW and get answers to any questions you might have before asking them.
In conclusion, a big shame on you for not bothering to Google, or even bother to read a 2-paragraph-long message that was explicitly put right in front of you.
I hope this was readable and not insulting, as I wrote this extremely late. Forgive me if I did insult you, I didn't mean to ;)

Yes, a big shame on me for not reading the issues in the forums "deeply". But like the other said, it's kinda outdated and all I can see is hardmod on several pages in google. Sorry, I did not mentioned that.

And yes, I am a noob because I've only found hacking 3DS like about 1 month ago.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, a big shame on me for not reading the issues in the forums "deeply". But like the other said, it's kinda outdated and all I can see is hardmod on several pages in google. Sorry, I did not mentioned that.

And yes, I am a noob because I've only found hacking 3DS like about 1 month ago.
My point was, it was extremely easy for me to find an answer to your question.

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if you couldnt find any single thread of this (you must be blind) we have a noob question thread full of really kind people who will solve tour doubts. Google or ask there before posting new threads

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok, thanks guys.

In that case I'll just purchase a hard mod kit from this website, saw in youtube and looks very promising:

http://www.consolex-bordeaux.fr/content/kit-hardmod-nand-2ds-3ds-new3ds

Am I WAYYYYYYYYYYY behind in the news or does NAND modding (and downgrades) now require a freaking 40€ board? I thought a cheap usb card reader was all you needed? Am I crazy or something?
And if I am right, this is a COMPLETE RIP OFF! And if I'm wrong, then 'free warez' has gotten expensive

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Am I WAYYYYYYYYYYY behind in the news or does NAND modding (and downgrades) now require a freaking 40€ board? I thought a cheap usb card reader was all you needed? Am I crazy or something?
And if I am right, this is a COMPLETE RIP OFF! And if I'm wrong, then 'free warez' has gotten expensive
I have no idea what that board is, all you need is a compatible SD card reader (there is cheap £1 readers on ebay that do most models except 2ds and Samsung n3ds consoles), €40 for a diy kit is pretty steep, not to mention the buyer would need a exploit game + soldering equipment, the total cost would be more than just buying a console on 9.2 or lower :wacko:

Last edited by gamesquest1,

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea what that board is, all you need is a compatible SD card reader (there is cheap £1 readers on ebay that do most models except 2ds and Samsung n3ds consoles), €40 for a diy kit is pretty steep, not to mention the buyer would need a exploit game + soldering equipment, the total cost would be more than just buying a console on 9.2 or lower :wacko:
thats exactly what I'm getting at. people are being ripped off and taken for a ride. going to make an assumption here; whatever youtube vid OP watched has stock in this website and gets a big fat commission. stay the 0xF away from youtube.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah just had a look on the site it's just some old xbox 360 mmc flashing tool they have repurposed for the 3DS. ...probably to get rid of left over stock, I was actually hoping it would at least be a little bit more special like a arduino thing that automated the firm injection or something elaborate albeit unessisary, but people are basically paying a premium for a oversized sd card reader with no case

Kazki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So you googled your answer, got your answer, and then you came to gbatemp to ask?

Well, I "couldnt" find the downgrading thru sysUpdater. And thats my fault for not searching deeper in the forum. I have seen quite a lot of answer for hardmod. I couldnt find answer to find the answer in google because it's "outdated".

Kazki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

thats exactly what I'm getting at. people are being ripped off and taken for a ride. going to make an assumption here; whatever youtube vid OP watched has stock in this website and gets a big fat commission. stay the 0xF away from youtube.

Thanks for the info, guys. I didnt know the board was just a fake sd card. Disaster averted. I thought it was something required made easy to downgrade. Basically it's the same thing but overpriced.

Well looks like have to start learning how to solder.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info, guys. I didnt know the board was just a fake sd card. Disaster averted. I thought it was something required made easy to downgrade. Basically it's the same thing but overpriced.

Well looks like have to start learning how to solder.

Hardmodding is only required for an unmodded sysNAND at 11.0.33 - if I'm reading your OP right you have an emuNAND so you must have a hacked system, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu