Hacking Trusted retailers?

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry if this question has been asked to death, I searched and couldn't find any information so I figured I'd post a quick question.

Is there a list of trusted (recommended) retailers for Nintendo DS hardware such as flash carts? I'm interested in buying a flash cart to play backups but I want to ensure that I'm buying from a trusted retailer. Can anyone recommend some good retailers? I'd rather not take Google's word for it.

rieabbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dealwoot.com definitely... some people say dealextreme.com is okay, but for some reason, i find their prices unreasonable and untrustworthy.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rieabbi said:
dealwoot.com definitely... some people say dealextreme.com is okay, but for some reason, i find their prices unreasonable and untrustworthy.
Dealextreme is proably the cheapest place, but shipping sucks, and they seldom update there stock

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rhyguy said:
rieabbi said:
Dealextreme is proably the cheapest place, but shipping sucks, and they seldom update there stock

QFT

i ordered a bunch of TTDS'es and other crap on that site at the beginning of december....

i still havent got part of it... just like 1/3 of the shipment

i wish they wouldnt split large orders like that...but hey at least shipping is free, right?

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went with modchipcentral.com, since I'm in Canada. I'll post back once I get my stuff.

camintmier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went thru Divineo.com when I ordered both my Xbox modchip and my CycloDS. Both were seperate orders, roughly a year apart. Both orders arrived in about 10 to 14 days (it was shipped from somewhere in Canada (probably Toronto), and I live in WV, USA).

On my most recent order, I ordered the CycloDS and a Ghost "Crystal Black" case. I ended up receiving the CycloDS, and a Ghost "Crystal Clear" case instead of the Black one. There was no mention of the Crystal Black case being out of stock or any reason for the replacement, but to be honest, I kinda like the clear case better. Unfortunatly it's developing cracks like crazy, so I don't recommend Ghost cases, and I'm currently looking around for something better... On a side note though, the CycloDS works perfectly, and I haven't had a problem with it.

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My CycloDS arrived today, only took a day to ship, quite impressed with the service. It works perfectly, couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Also it came with a free 1gb microSD card. I definitely recommend modchipcentral.com.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was directed to DealExtreme. I placed an order on Christmas night. I went back to check my order. A couple items ordered were listed on "Back Order". This isn't true because I made sure when placing my order that ALL items ordered were listed "In Stock". I sent a message expressing my concerns. I was relied back to yesterday stating they run out of stock on those items.

I feel this wasn't true so I further expressed my unhappiness because I also paid for EMS shipping to get my shipment faster. Now, I went back to check my order & everything was listed as "In Stock" & "Ready" for shipment. Something wasn't right because I specifically made sure I ordered 'In Stock" items. I just hope I have no other issues because this has really concerned me about DX. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

londongamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally (trying several websites including dealextreme and model gadget
hate2.gif
) always bought from NDS-Gear.com (which I think has one of the people that used to be on BritDS).

- They claim to test every card before sending so there's no danger of there being a dud card in the post,
- I've never taken more than 3 working days to get my card (they're U.K. based, but ship internationally which I'm guessing will take longer, lol)
- And when I started out and always had questions to ask, I actually got some sort of service answer within about 2 or 3 hours.

Can't really complain about them; the best advice I can give someone is that if they're skeptical about a place, e-mail them first and see if you get a response. I am paranoid about buying stuff on the internet but I was exchanging e-mails with these NDS-Gear guys for days before I ever bought something!

Evilwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a r4 a year ago from dealxtream when they started to go out of stock and paid for quick shipping which came to 80$ and i never got my r4

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evilwii said:
I bought a r4 a year ago from dealxtream when they started to go out of stock and paid for quick shipping which came to 80$ and i never got my r4

Didn't you file a complaint? I don't like what I'm hearing about DX! I had seen good things about DX except their slow shipping which is expected for free shipping. I too have used quick shipping(EMS) & my order still hasn't been shipped. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
I was directed to DealExtreme. I placed an order on Christmas night. I went back to check my order. A couple items ordered were listed on "Back Order". This isn't true because I made sure when placing my order that ALL items ordered were listed "In Stock". I sent a message expressing my concerns. I was relied back to yesterday stating they run out of stock on those items.

I feel this wasn't true so I further expressed my unhappiness because I also paid for EMS shipping to get my shipment faster. Now, I went back to check my order & everything was listed as "In Stock" & "Ready" for shipment. Something wasn't right because I specifically made sure I ordered 'In Stock" items. I just hope I have no other issues because this has really concerned me about DX. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif
You ordered on Christmas. Seriously, your order was probably #40 or something for the stuff you bought.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can read all the reviews for products you are buying right from DX site. Most reviews are not of a cheap & non-working product. Most reviews are real & usually state what the products are all about. There's not many negative reviews for their products. Heck, the person that pointed me to them is a DS flashcart maniac from another site. He did chat about their slow shipping but I used the EMS(3-5 days) shipping method.

I know I ordered on Christmas night(EST,would be next day in Hong Kong) & all orders are allowed for 2-5 days processing. Therefore, I guess due to the holidays I can't panic yet. I do know that if by Monday or Tuesday of next week & my order hasn't been shipped then I'm gonna be doing some complaining. Monday would be 5 business days for processing so it should be shipped by that day going by 2-5 business days of processing. Thanks guys!
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Just checked & my order has actually been shipped late yesterday.

Evilwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
Evilwii said:

Didn't you file a complaint? I don't like what I'm hearing about DX! I had seen good things about DX except their slow shipping which is expected for free shipping. I too have used quick shipping(EMS) & my order still hasn't been shipped. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif
Yea i filed one.they reasponed saying it would come didnt come i filed again they said they will send mine soon

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evilwii said:
tonybologna said:
Evilwii said:

rolleyes.gif
Yea i filed one.they reasponed saying it would come didnt come i filed again they said they will send mine soon

After one year & you still haven't gotten this ironed out?

aznanimefreak1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've purchased things multiple times from dealextreme.com.

Pros: They have many items at cheap prices.
New items almost everyday.

Cons: They stink at shipping, it takes like a week or so.
They take a long time to restock some things.
They also have a bad history of inventory checking. I've gotten a email telling me that they had a mistake and ran out of this item or that item before.

Bottom Line: I've made multiple purchases from them and I have had very few or no problems. The only flaw I can find is the long waits for your package to arrive.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aznanimefreak1 said:
I've purchased things multiple times from dealextreme.com.

Pros: They have many items at cheap prices.
New items almost everyday.

Cons: They stink at shipping, it takes like a week or so.
They take a long time to restock some things.
They also have a bad history of inventory checking. I've gotten a email telling me that they had a mistake and ran out of this item or that item before.

Bottom Line: I've made multiple purchases from them and I have had very few or no problems. The only flaw I can find is the long waits for your package to arrive.

Yeah, I think DX is reliable. I do think that "bad inventory checking" falls into my initial problems with DX because everything ordered was listed as "In Stock" but after ordering a couple things were listed as "Back-Ordered". Anyways, my package shipped yesterday & expect it about the middle of next week with EMS shipping. Thanks!
wink2.gif

Kha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used DX on several occasions and you have to remember that their prices are cheap for a reason. That being said, they are still a reliable retailer, just remember that you get what you pay for. I bought several DS accessories from there but if you are looking for a flash cart, I would dish out a few extra bucks for something higher quality. I personally got my CycloDS and EZ Flash IV Lite from http://www.realhotstuff.com/ so they are also another reputable place you can check out.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kha said:
I've used DX on several occasions and you have to remember that their prices are cheap for a reason. That being said, they are still a reliable retailer, just remember that you get what you pay for. I bought several DS accessories from there but if you are looking for a flash cart, I would dish out a few extra bucks for something higher quality. I personally got my CycloDS and EZ Flash IV Lite from http://www.realhotstuff.com/ so they are also another reputable place you can check out.

Higher quality has nothing to do with the supplier dude. The build of a flashcart is from the company maker & not the product supplier. RealHotStuff does have faster shipping but you're also gonna pay for that too. They also appear to have great customer service but the quality of a flashcart has absolutely nothing to do with the supplier. It's the company that's building these flashcarts that we can blame for poor quality.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1