Hacking Trimmed roms issue

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
i dunno the rom tool one that everyone's using, wasnt aware that there was another trimmer.

but anyways, if there are, any trimmer should work. All it does is delete garbage data

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
???
- The Gateway only supports one rom on a sd card
- Most -if not all- roms will fit on a 8Gb or even 4Gb card
- Storage of roms on a harddisk is even cheaper and all current EU roms + the US+JP roms which are not released in EU all fit on a couple of hunderd GB
- trimming could break a game

so why even bother trimming a rom?

Reactions: Count Duckula

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
???
- The Gateway only supports one rom on a sd card
- Most -if not all- roms will fit on a 8Gb or even 4Gb card
- Storage of roms on a harddisk is even cheaper and all current EU roms + the US+JP roms which are not released in EU all fit on a couple of hunderd GB
- trimming could break a game

so why even bother trimming a rom?

2gb> games take a VERY long time to write to MSD cards.

I'm writing one as we speak; taking around 2 hours so far.

I can see how trimming can be good. Also, it'd take up less space on your hard drive.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can see how trimming can be good. Also, it'd take up less space on your hard drive.
sounds like you got a slow sd card it takes me like 10 mins to put brawl 8gb wbfs files to my sd card.

Kei00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

It took me less than 5 minutes to write a 4GB ROM onto a 8GB Class 4 card, with the recommended Win32 Disk Imager app. You must have a faulty SD card reader or a prehistoric age PC (no offense intended).

Try using another card reader and/or closing all background programs when using Win32 Disk Imager.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS there any issue of playing trimmed roms on the Gateway?
To actually answer your question, yes, people have experienced issues playing trimmed ROMs with Gateway, but since Gateway hasn't been out for long and hasn't been well-documented, we don't know whether those people just had bad writes, bad ROMs, bad flashcarts, dirty connections, etc. To quote Gateway's website:
There have been some unique reports of issues related to title exit or first GW3DS entry after installing the update. We believe these are either related to file fragmentation of the 3DS SD card or some users trimming the titles to fit on the red card's micro SD. Please make sure to try a new SD card for the 3DS as well as micro SD for the Gateway card together with a known good un-modified title, where possible.

scootr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

that's far too long try a different sd or adapter or usb port

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy