ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the bugs fixed (id assume they are) bugs i knew of were the item info not showing in battle and the gym leader description being from B&W we should start a Bugs list just to keep track of everything like

Known Bugs:

Red = Unconfirmed by Multiple sources
Blue = Confirmed by Multiple sources
Green = Fixed

Item Name and amount not showing in battle - Present in Version 1.2 & 1.3
Gym Leader description Being those of B&W - Present in Version 1.2 & 1.3
Battle Scene and Battle Style Description reversed - Present in Version 1.2 & 1.3
When you access the GTS you can choose the options but they are all messed up. The letters are wrong and in the level searching box, it says 'the connection i....', Level 10-20' - Present in Version 1.2 & 1.3

and updating it when they are fixed ,or adding them as they are found so they can be fixed now if anyone wants to test and let me know ill Edit this basic buglist if 1.4 fixes so let me know

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
are you guys going aim 100% for this or no?
It's looking like they're going to hit as close to 100% as possible. Remember that Black and White ultimately only hit about 98% or so because of certain issues, if I recall correctly. That 98% was entirely playable, though. I think it was just the really extra things (the White Forest or w/e) that were troublesome. Anyways, just keep watching. With the amount of progress made in three days, I'd say the project is going at a great pace.

You know, I have to wonder: I know there are little bits that have to be made region specific, but how can big, professional translation teams not take care of the games just as quickly, if not faster? It seems like we're waiting until Fall for the localization for no really, good reason. I understand that there are European languages too, but I mean, get teams of about 15 translators for each language, and you'd likely have the project finished in just a couple of weeks. I just don't get it.

Raiden8816

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having issuing saving the game?

I saved right after getting Tepig and and I also have a .SAV file in my battery folder but no@gba doesn't let me load game :/

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Other things to note about 1.4:
The patch no longer trims the ROM.
It is mentioned that you shouldn't trim your ROM. Presumably because it could be the source of some bugs.
Like 1.3, the AP fix is entirely there, so the games should work on everything that the untranslated, fixed ROM's do.

And remember, this is a hasty translation that is likely not being edited too carefully at this point in time. Chances are, things will be fixed as they go as they're notified of the problems, and somebody has the time to go through and fix it. I'd presume that the better part of the editing won't happen until the games are near completely translated.

deneric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use a automatic translator to translate everything that havnt been translated yet. Then, start changing to a better translation as people do it.

Just a thought
No, no, no, fuck no. Automatic translators are terrible. Most of the time they don't even get close. The grammar is also usually absolute shit. You NEVER use an automatic translator when translating anything. Never never never.

I laughed so much when I read this. But yeah, man, those translators are awful :P

ScottNorton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, a lot of the text in B2W2 is the same as in the original BW. I've been making my own patches by replacing the text in White2 with the same text from White(US).

This is the NARC that gets inserted into the ROM via NitroExplorer:
Pikalax's Translation, v2012-06-25
COVERAGE
--------
Battle: 95%
Items: 95%
Pokemon: 100%
Pokedex: 95% (metric units)
Special Trainer names: 100%
Normal Trainer names: 0%
Town Map: 60%
Badges: 100%
Wireless Communication: 60%
Credits: 100% Americanized
Other: 1%

WARNING!!!
Before applying any patch, if you have any save states, make sure your game is saved to DSV or SAV before patching. Back up your save states; they will only be usable if you choose to revert your ROM. After patching, load your game by pressing "CONTINUE" on the top menu.

ascension7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
are you guys going aim 100% for this or no?
It's looking like they're going to hit as close to 100% as possible. Remember that Black and White ultimately only hit about 98% or so because of certain issues, if I recall correctly. That 98% was entirely playable, though. I think it was just the really extra things (the White Forest or w/e) that were troublesome. Anyways, just keep watching. With the amount of progress made in three days, I'd say the project is going at a great pace.

You know, I have to wonder: I know there are little bits that have to be made region specific, but how can big, professional translation teams not take care of the games just as quickly, if not faster? It seems like we're waiting until Fall for the localization for no really, good reason. I understand that there are European languages too, but I mean, get teams of about 15 translators for each language, and you'd likely have the project finished in just a couple of weeks. I just don't get it.
I always attributed it to quality control and playtesting. They probably have to go through every dialogue and text numerous times and re-translate and re-check everything to make sure it's exactly correct, with the certainty of a Monk translating a holy text. They also need at least a month to print the physical copies to be distributed. Plus there's probably a load of playtesting and bug testing, making sure that nothing was harmed during translation, that no glitches were created, etc. Also, making everything compatible with every other language. Global collaboration is required to make sure everything in the games is interact-able with other languages, and that nothing in one language causes a glitch in another. But this is conjecture I suppose.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it would not be the final translation at all, if you got what I meant.

But people would, in theory, understand at least something ..as people do the real translation job
I get what you meant, and still no. People wouldn't understand much of anything because it would be a garbled mess of Engrish. You would understand only a little, most would be incorrect, and it would make editing that much more work since they would spend at least two good translation days just inserting that gibberish.
I would prefer that to not being able to understand a single word.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it would not be the final translation at all, if you got what I meant.

But people would, in theory, understand at least something ..as people do the real translation job
I get what you meant, and still no. People wouldn't understand much of anything because it would be a garbled mess of Engrish. You would understand only a little, most would be incorrect, and it would make editing that much more work since they would spend at least two good translation days just inserting that gibberish.
I would prefer that to not being able to understand a single word.
I honestly don't understand how some of you think. If you think you would understand it any better in Google Translate Engrish, then feel free to do your own personal translation.

Reactions: 1 person

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The reason games aren't released at the same time rarely has anything to do with translation. Fact of the matter is, Black and White 2 are probably already fully or mostly translated by Nintendo. They're just sitting on them until Fall. Regardless, a translation like this won't reach the quality of Nintendo's translations. The only translation I've ever seen reach that is Tomato's MOTHER 3 translation, which took ages.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't be that mad Nathan. Here, have a Ice-cream
ice-cream-cone.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he's right. Google translate is extremely useless when it comes to Japanese.
Try putting in a line of text from the game (that's actually a sentence with useful information in it) into GT. I guarantee it will be a mess of random words that nobody wants to read through the entire game.
At best you can find vague hints of recognizable words for the situation, but with the rest of it making no sense, there's no point.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished translating the last few item descriptions for BLACK 2 (I haven't checked White 2, but they probably will work). If anyone wants the last few names insert : (PPTXT, Narc Entry 63, from a / 0 / 0 / 2, look towards the bottom and there should be some JP text, replace with below)

A license necessary\xfffeto gain access to\xfffethe Nature Sanctuary.
An item that mysteriously\xfffeincreases the chances of a Pokémon\xfffeproducing an egg.
A peculiar item\xfffethat raises the likelihood\xfffeof meeting Shiny Pokémon.
A card to access to Plasma Ship's Gate\xfffewhen used in combination with a password.
A handkerchief dropped by a regular\xfffevisitor to Nacrene City.\xfffeIt faintly smells of Pokémon.
A device that forces Pokémon\xfffeblocking the path to wake up.\xfffeIt is still a prototype device.
A Live Caster found in \xfffeNimbasa City's Amusement Park. \xfffeThe owner seems to be a man.
A Live Caster found in \xfffeNimbasa City's Amusement Park. \xfffeThe owner seems to be a woman.

Finished descriptions for : (respectively to above descriptions)

"License" (Nature Sanctuary key)
Round Charm
Shining Charm
Plasma Card
Dirty Handkerchief
Achroma Device
Forgotten Item (Male)
Forgotten Item (Female)

I think items are now 100% English. I didn't check items names yet though.

tds27

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, I am using R4 SDHC revolution, and everytime when I try to play the game, I get the error message "rom error-5, please reset system".
Any help ?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
What has changed from v1.2 to v1.4? I don't notice anything
From v1.2 to v1.4? Not too much. We have a visible percentage of character dialogue translated, but there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to exactly what 20% of dialogue was translated based on what I've been reading. Some more of whatever falls under the title of options has been translated as well. That's it for v1.2 to v1.4 based on what can be found from just the percentages. Don't expect too much that you'll be able to notice right away for at least a few more days since 80% of the character dialogue (which is a ton of dialogue) is still in Japanese, and character dialogue is of the few things left that isn't translated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps