ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
seriously , the game hasnt yet been launched , and you gonna play with a translation?! , even if 3 months later the game will be lauched in english!?

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the translation, just translate basic menus, pokemon names, moves, items, and town names.

Thats all any of us will really need right now.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I know a tad of Japanese, but the easy stuff will be done before I know the ROM is even out.

If you want, you can give me the last parts of the text dump, and I should have those done by the time the main story is done.

XP105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To those of you having difficulty understand why people want the translation ASAP, even when the localisation is on the way, I can give you one, simple reason. Bragging rights. If you have Pokemon before the Pokemon game is released, that's awesome, sure, but showing that off to friends is even better. Even when the localised version comes out, I always get the translation patch version (as well as the localised version) because the "bragging rights" point still applies. "But how can you brag about owning Pokemon when everyone already has the game?" I hear you all ask. it's simple. Pokemon events. You get them early. As such, you get the pokemon that no-one else could have at that point without international trading sooner than anyone else, and can participate in the gameplay events MONTHS before anyone else.

So yeah, if owning the game early isn't a good enough reason for you, pokemon events should be.

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't download the BW translation, and I won't download the BW2 translation. Pokémon fan translations are never as good as the NOA translations, and I don't want to have to relearn everything.

Reactions: 2 people

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
[...] purist fans who like to be technical about things. [...]

You mean "weeaboo"?

Sir, save that word for when you're talking to me.

Anyways, I'm going to have to agree that maybe we should close this thread until the game actually comes out. Why do that if it only comes out in 3 days? Because it may not get dumped for a while and this thread is full of meaningless banter at the moment. I'm motioning for a /thread.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know about you, but I wanna play the game ASAP, and with an english Black/White already fan-translated and officially released, it should take no time at all to translate the moves, items, names, abilities and battle text.

I'm wondering if Kazowar will work on this as he often has done before, for B/W and HG/SS.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to lock the thread imo. Maybe it'll cut down on the "OMG where's the Rom" threads and the eventual "OMG the romz out y u no have 100% translation" threads.
Even though most of us will wait for official localization, I'm sure there's many ppl who want to play a fan translated version.
Until then, I don't see why all the ZOMG posts should (hopefully) be concentrated in one thread.

Edit: Derp typo

Kyohack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
No need to lock the thread. As I mentioned before, this thread was created with the intent to gather a team of individuals before the game's release. If there is a team assembled before the release, then we'll have a head start.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Translating Pokemon games that are a part of the main series and will definitely see a Western release is the biggest waste of time of them all, really. A waste of time AND talent.

I'd love the translators to focus on rare gems in the DS library that never saw a release in the west.

Reactions: 9 people

AceTrainerJason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, shit is really stupid. These guy's cant wait three months for the official release, like what the fuck, seriously. It's a waste of time and talent like another user said, there are some great games that are never localized here, translate that not something that's coming out in a few months.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a pokemon game. Of course a translation team will be all over it.
I agree and wish these teams that work so fast and hard to crank out a translation for pokemon would work on some games that will never get an official English release.
That being said, it's up to them what they want to work on. Flaming and trash talking them won't give them motivation to work on anything else.
How about asking them to work on a certain game or a project that was already started and abandoned? As frustrating as it may be to see pokemon games translated so fast and games that'll never see English-speaking shores not being worked on. It's not their obligation to translate anything and they certainly don't deserve to be bashed for choosing to work on pokemon.
Negativity won't bring about them doing what you want.

baseball1942

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited for a translation of the game. It seems to upset some people that there is a demand for this but I don't see any practical harm. I won't have time in 3 months to play this game and I am interested to see fan translations to compare to if I ever do play the NOA version. I might also just play in japanese, I feel comfortable enough with the pokemon format after a decade or so playing the games, I can't foresee it being too much of an issue.

AceTrainerJason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about whether or not they choose to translate other games. I don't even want them to if they really think that "pokemon" is the chosen game by the gods that needs a translation. At most translation the essentials, it's not necessary and practically a waste of time and effort after about 2 months assuming they even work fast enough for that which they won't. I find it ironic that patience is preached so often in pokemon translation threads yet the project is the result of impatience. The game is linear as fuck, I could play the entire thing in Japanese if I really wanted to, which I don't. Will I use the translation, probably, no. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 1 person

Nero2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your actually a bunch of ungrateful tards. Kyo is going to be putting time and effort into something people want and care about. Half of you posting in this thread most likely don't even play Pokemon and just want to abuse him for translating it. Japanese versions of games are always better, and anyone with a flashcart/emu who is intending on buying these games in english will play it in japanese and play the translation

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your actually a bunch of ungrateful tards. Kyo is going to be putting time and effort into something people want and care about. Half of you posting in this thread most likely don't even play Pokemon and just want to abuse him for translating it. Japanese versions of games are always better, and anyone with a flashcart/emu who is intending on buying these games in english will play it in japanese and play the translation
Kyo is going to be putting time and effort into something that will never be 100% finished as by the time they're done translating, the US and EUR versions will already be available. Half of us posting in this thread most likely play Pokemon, however would rather see translators work on something that isn't completely futile and a waste of time - something that would be a long-term benefit for the community and allow it to play games we normally wouldn't be able to due to the language barrier. Japanese versions of games are exactly the same as any other version, and anyone with a flashcart/emu is an ungreatful tard who should buy the game instead of nagging for a translation that he or she will receive ANYWAYS from the official source - Nintendo.

Reactions: 3 people

P0kelegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Despite everyone else saying its a waste of time, I'll definitely use the English patch. I don't really care for the story I just like having the moves, Pokemon names, item names etc all translated and since it was done with B/W already I imagine this should hopefully be quick on that end :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)