Hacking Tough time with wiikey install

SeaHawk22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to install my wiikey yesterday using the quick solder method, I quickly learned I was using too thick of solder. After several attempts of using thinner solder I gave up since I had removed spots 3 4 5, and 6. Amazingly my wii still works, but I dont think I am going to attempt to install again. (okay part of me wants to so bad, but I do not want to press my luck.) Once the spots you are suppose to connect to the wiikey are gone is it no longer possible to connect it? The fricken connections are so small I have no idea how anyone does it.

Thanks,
SeaHawk22

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to install my wiikey yesterday using the quick solder method, I quickly learned I was using too thick of solder. After several attempts of using thinner solder I gave up since I had removed spots 3 4 5, and 6. Amazingly my wii still works, but I dont think I am going to attempt to install again. (okay part of me wants to so bad, but I do not want to press my luck.) Once the spots you are suppose to connect to the wiikey are gone is it no longer possible to connect it?  The fricken connections are so small I have no idea how anyone does it.

Thanks,
SeaHawk22

you can have a pro do it

SeaHawk22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to install my wiikey yesterday using the quick solder method, I quickly learned I was using too thick of solder. After several attempts of using thinner solder I gave up since I had removed spots 3 4 5, and 6.  Amazingly my wii still works, but I dont think I am going to attempt to install again. (okay part of me wants to so bad, but I do not want to press my luck.)  Once the spots  you are suppose to connect to the wiikey are gone is it no longer possible to connect it?    The fricken connections are so small I have no idea how anyone does it.

Thanks,
SeaHawk22

you can have a pro do it

I dont know where to find one or even know where to begin to look. If I did find someone, I am not sure they would want to do it anyways.

xiguo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was my first time soldering and I also had a tough time with it. My quicksolder job was so ugly but it magically worked. I just kept dabbing little bits of solder on the points until they met. I had to apply and remove the solder many many times before it looked like the connections were okay.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
send wiikey to Ameer Mansor at:

8504 Crows Court
zip code: 33647 Tampa, Florida.

~ill be more than honored to take it off your hands~

rofl2.gif
lol

SeaHawk22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was my first time soldering and I also had a tough time with it. My quicksolder job was so ugly but it magically worked. I just kept dabbing little bits of solder on the points until they met. I had to apply and remove the solder many many times before it looked like the connections were okay.

I wish i used wires darn it, basically if the connections are no longer exposed from melted plastic or whatever then it is no longer possible to connect? I might practice a bit and try to connect with wires, it is driving me crazy that I didnt get it to work, but on the other hand I am happy my wii still works. I will update with pics soon.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was my first time soldering and I also had a tough time with it. My quicksolder job was so ugly but it magically worked. I just kept dabbing little bits of solder on the points until they met. I had to apply and remove the solder many many times before it looked like the connections were okay.

I wish i used wires darn it, basically if the connections are no longer exposed from melted plastic or whatever then it is no longer possible to connect? I might practice a bit and try to connect with wires, it is driving me crazy that I didnt get it to work, but on the other hand I am happy my wii still works. I will update with pics soon.

Yea I still don't fully understand how one uses the quicksolder. I bought wire and set mine up. One of the wires disconnected last night so I opened mine again today. Second time is a breeze. I had the until opened in less than 10min. I soldered the wire pad#4 in like 10sec. Taped it up tested it and put it back together in record time. It goes so much smoother when you so mucn more relaxed. I still say the best way is small wires, numbered and use a magnifying lens to see the pads up close. This time I tugged on all the wires to make sure they are connected well. It's working good for me now.

Trying using wires. Connect them to the Wiikey first, label them and then do Pad 1, 2, 4, 3, 5 and 6. 4 is hard to do if you have 3 and 5 in place. This worked for me.

Good Luck!

modmanwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried wires for like 30 minutes, but i couldnt avoid my pads heating up after i soldered them and i went to the next one. Once this happened my wires would pop off right away. Ive soldered many XBOX1, but this was harder w wires.

I did quicksolder and had it done in about 30 seconds flat, worked very first time.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to install my wiikey yesterday using the quick solder method, I quickly learned I was using too thick of solder. After several attempts of using thinner solder I gave up since I had removed spots 3 4 5, and 6. Amazingly my wii still works, but I dont think I am going to attempt to install again. (okay part of me wants to so bad, but I do not want to press my luck.) Once the spots you are suppose to connect to the wiikey are gone is it no longer possible to connect it?  The fricken connections are so small I have no idea how anyone does it.

Thanks,
SeaHawk22

you can have a pro do it

I dont know where to find one or even know where to begin to look. If I did find someone, I am not sure they would want to do it anyways.

Where in the US are you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol