• Views 291,744
  • Replies 607
  • Likes 65

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my NTAG215's arrived today, but I still have no rf module :( It sucks because I have an old android, a Motorola Photon, and I'm pretty sure it has NFC, but it has a shattered screen and I can't get it to stay on so I can attempt to enable USB debugging. I'm strongly considering taking it apart and unplugging the digitizer and seeing if it will boot without that, because if it will I can possibly enable USB debugging and use the phone through the android SDK. Otherwise I'm stuck waiting at least another two, possibly another 4 days :(.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im interested in this. I dont even know anyone that has an android and dont want to buy one. I much rather purchase an arduino or any other device.

Kaeltis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This looks amazing, especially since the manual way of doing it is so much hassle, I'm REALLY looking forward to this :)

Gedi223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to using this. I already had the components from another rfid project I was going to work on. Anyone seen a good case setup for the arduino and rc522 combo?

Reactions: jpx86

jwolo

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Bonsoir Ac_K !

Merci pour ton travail, c'est vraiment un chouette projet :)

Je n'ai pas trouvé comment faire de PM dans le forum, mais si tu souhaites faire traduire Amiibomb en Russe, n'hésites pas à me faire parvenir le fichier de trad (FR ou EN peu importe), je te renverrai une version Russe.

Bonne continuation en attendant la release, a bientôt

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to using this. I already had the components from another rfid project I was going to work on. Anyone seen a good case setup for the arduino and rc522 combo?
I just built an Arduino shield for the RC522 out of 4"x3" perfboard. My RC522 came with two sets of pins (right angle and straight). I cut the straight header into separate pieces (a 5-pin header for pins 9-13, and either a three pin header or two single pins for 3.3v and ground), stuck them into the arduino's header to align them up, and placed a piece of perfboard on top and soldered them in place (sticking out the bottom of the perfboard). Then i soldered the (intact) right angle header to the perfboard and the RC522 to that header, and attached the arduino headers on the bottom to the RC522 pins with wires.

It's not a "case," but if you don't mind using your arduino bare this literally just stacks on top of it and plugs in.

Unfortunately I left it at work and didn't take pictures to show it, but it's sturdy and makes it a piece of cake to connect and disconnect the RC522 module.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a "case," but if you don't mind using your arduino bare this literally just stacks on top of it and plugs in.

Unfortunately I left it at work and didn't take pictures to show it, but it's sturdy and makes it a piece of cake to connect and disconnect the RC522 module.

would love to see some pics when you get a chance.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Any update from the OP? 99% of us dont need all those extra features, we just need to use it to write our NFC cards once and then throw the thing away never to use it again.... delaying this for the 1 percenters out there that need the extra functionality is unfortunate.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
there is only these things left to do:
- Flash AmiiBombuino Firmware inside AmiiBomb (actually I use Arduino IDE).
- Add more Amiibo Tag informations.
- Many little things to do AmiiBomb more User Friendly.
- Clean the code.

Cleaning the code should be low priority along with tag infos.

Last edited by nitrostemp,
Reactions: Sliter

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
there is only these things left to do:
- Flash AmiiBombuino Firmware inside AmiiBomb (actually I use Arduino IDE).
- Add more Amiibo Tag informations.
- Many little things to do AmiiBomb more User Friendly.
- Clean the code.

It says last edited on the 18th, which is over a week an a half ago... so I was asking for an update... unless when post is edited the date didnt update and that info is more recent?

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
There is little news :)

Technically AmiiBomb will works with Arduino Mega/Mini(with USB Serial)/Nano R3/Uno R3.
I can have many informations in Amiibo files.
The AmiiBombuino Flasher is pretty done, just messages and little UI improvements as to be done.
I need to add little various functions to do AmiiBomb more user friendly and put all strings in the multilanguages format.
After all of this step, I think all will be done to start a public beta release ^^!

Please, stop ask me for a private "beta/alpha or anything" release by PM.

Screens:

21mtao8.jpg

1z6z0o1.png

this was his last update on Monday

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ah ok thanks. Wish he just released literally a 1 button thing for those of us that have zero interest in any extra functionality. Just dropdown to select which amiibo and press button to write... thats it lol. No need for fancy UI or anything. In fact just a CLI would be fine.

Because I think most people will use this thing once ever to write all their cards then never use it again. So fancy UI and extra features seem like it should be the last priority.

Gedi223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok thanks. Wish he just released literally a 1 button thing for those of us that have zero interest in any extra functionality. Just dropdown to select which amiibo and press button to write... thats it lol. No need for fancy UI or anything. In fact just a CLI would be fine.

Because I think most people will use this thing once ever to write all their cards then never use it again. So fancy UI and extra features seem like it should be the last priority.

I'm sure the developer is making it for their own personal use and wants it to fit their needs. Now, if it was a commercial program, then of course the developer should make it they way we want.

If you're really anxious about writing amiibo's to tags, just get an android phone for $10 or $11 off eBay. I got the lg Optimus f3 ls720 for $11 and it writes with tagmo just find to stickers, tags, and pvc cards.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the extras.

Hopefully, the developer will release it to the masses when they are satisfied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up