Gaming Time Hollow

Killerbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think the character names are kinda weird. C'mon, ONEgin, TWOmbly, THREEt, FOURier, FIVEt, SIXon, SEVEN, EIGHTs, NINEr, TENneson, ELEVEN, and TWELVEs.
Really, couldn't they come up with better names? Well, it doesn't really matter because only their last names are stupid..
Anyways, I started the game yesterday, and now I'm at chapter 6. Really enjoying the game, but It was a little confusing when Irving/Jack said something about some object or whatever disappearing after it catches the time you put it there. Or something like that, can't remember it properly. Oh and when Irving transformed to Jack, I was kinda like "WTF". I figured it out that Irving killed Jack, but I still cant figure out why the name changed too...
EDIT: UMM...
I finished the game, then I loaded the game so It went to the start of the game... I followed the cat, talked to Irving, then Ethan and Timothy sent Derek through the timehole to rescue the girl, then, AGAIN, credits..
I couldn't understand the first ending, why the girl (Kira, was it?) came to the school.. And the second ending was weird too. So the game probably ended now?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Masked said:
Question on the ending

When Kori is seen in the present after the events of the entire game with Ashley/Emily, is that Kori who got trapped somehow in the future or is it Kori's daughter or what? If it's Kori's daughter... isn't it a little weird for cousins to be looking at eachother that way?
it's kori&derek's daughter.
it's all a bit weird for ethan, since she looks so much like kori(she's also the same age as kori when she got pushed off the roof) and he never saw her(well, he did but due to all the time shifting he has no clear memories of it)

QUOTE(AtteJ @ Sep 28 2008, 02:18 PM) I think the character names are kinda weird. C'mon, ONEgin, TWOmbly, THREEt, FOURier, FIVEt, SIXon, SEVEN, EIGHTs, NINEr, TENneson, ELEVEN, and TWELVEs.
Really, couldn't they come up with better names? Well, it doesn't really matter because only their last names are stupid..
Anyways, I started the game yesterday, and now I'm at chapter 6. Really enjoying the game, but It was a little confusing when Irving/Jack said something about some object or whatever disappearing after it catches the time you put it there. Or something like that, can't remember it properly. Oh and when Irving transformed to Jack, I was kinda like "WTF". I figured it out that Irving killed Jack, but I still cant figure out why the name changed too...
EDIT: UMM...
I finished the game, then I loaded the game so It went to the start of the game... I followed the cat, talked to Irving, then Ethan and Timothy sent Derek through the timehole to rescue the girl, then, AGAIN, credits..
I couldn't understand the first ending, why the girl (Kira, was it?) came to the school.. And the second ending was weird too. So the game probably ended now?
>_< irving killed jack so he could become ethan's teacher!
the reason he changed his name to jack towbly was so he could more easily take over jack's life.

oh, and the names refer to the hours displayed on a clock.

Killerbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So it seems that the girl that I saw in ending #1 was not Kori, it was Koris and Derek's daughter.

Overall the game was amazing, really liked it. It was about as good as Ace attorney series in my opinion, sure it had it's ups and downs but I still liked it alot. Something that I would like to see in possible sequels is that you could use the hollow pen when ever you like.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
In my opinion, it's nowhere near as good as the PW series. It's still one of my top 10 DS games of all time, though. Maybe top 5. I really liked the story to the point where I sat at home all day trying to get the damn ending.

And yeah, the girl at the end is Kori's daughter. (Who looks EXACTLY like Kori... how creative) I guess it's the perfect ending, because that way, Ethan can get with her and replace Kori with her, lol. (Since Ethan fell in love with Kori but his uncle got her instead).

Killerbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I didn't understand why Ethan sent the pen for his past self.
If he hadn't sent the pen for himself, the whole thing wouldn't have happened.
And because Ethan sent the pen for himself, isn't that thing called a time paradox or something like that...
Like where did the pen even come from, if Ethan got it from his future self?
biggrin.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
War said:
And yeah, the girl at the end is Kori's daughter. (Who looks EXACTLY like Kori... how creative) I guess it's the perfect ending, because that way, Ethan can get with her and replace Kori with her, lol. (Since Ethan fell in love with Kori but his uncle got her instead).

Wouldn't that make them cousins? Expecting incest?

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just beat this game, spent 3 hours in bed playing.
smile.gif

Law said:
War said:

That's exactly what I'm thinking

Shichibukai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didin't finish it yet (very strange) cause my Ds fell and the upperscreen did a total change of direction whan i got it back on it's right direction the color was yellow
hate2.gif

and im gona have to send to repair
cry.gif

On topic: Great game maybe too short but Edit Huh Never finisdhed post? oh well great game and when the screen broke now i think it's even better then before it's like more nostalgic, ( no it's not better ). Oh wait i did finish it Lol

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AtteJ said:
And because Ethan sent the pen for himself, isn't that thing called a time paradox or something like that...
biggrin.gif
yes this time travelling stuff sure is confusing.

he got the pen he sent back to chapter1 from his dad.
he got it twice, once from his later self through a time hole.
and near the end he got it from his dad(because due to some changes he never got the 1st one)
and why did he send the pen back? try the extended ending! if he didn't send the pen back his parents would be killed by irving all over again but without him being able to fix it with the pen.

what however is strange, is where the watch and letter came from(1st time using the hollow pen)
he did get those from himself, and gave them back to his past self.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Law said:
War said:

OHSHI-

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute. I didn't see the girl at the end. All I saw was the boys at Chronos talking about how the owner's wife is hot or whatever, but I never actually saw their daughter. How did I miss that?

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
great game!
Although when irvin started talking about the million dollars sent five seconds to the past... and thats why there are two of them and he replaced the teacher god knows how... I thought "yeah, right.. moving on..."

Kaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
koris daughter and the protagonist together is AWWRIGHT! besides it even legal in the real life.
anyone said no to making a hole so you can give yourself the pen? When you say no, you can see, that there are several or other sox around town
wink.gif
just talk with everyone and nearly everywhere there is sox!
Only open questions for me are what the first old derek does ( i mean the one you send back to protect Kori!) He is now immortal but nowhere to be found. Also i would love to know what Sox exactly is! Or who! I mean it is sure, that there are at least 2 Sox, due to the fact, that one was send through the portal at the end of the game! So during the Game there have to be 2!

Anyone else finished the second game of this? I mean right when you beat the game?

when you finished the game and saved, then try to continue, you will start at the beginning but this time youll get the option to follow sox. Then you will see irving and if you do everything right, then youll be able to play a 1 min version of the whole game with a different ending
biggrin.gif

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Kaan said:
koris daughter and the protagonist together is AWWRIGHT! besides it even legal in the real life.
anyone said no to making a hole so you can give yourself the pen? When you say no, you can see, that there are several or other sox around town
wink.gif
just talk with everyone and nearly everywhere there is sox!
Only open questions for me are what the first old derek does ( i mean the one you send back to protect Kori!) He is now immortal but nowhere to be found. Also i would love to know what Sox exactly is! Or who! I mean it is sure, that there are at least 2 Sox, due to the fact, that one was send through the portal at the end of the game! So during the Game there have to be 2!
I have to admit I was a little upset that Ethan didn't end up with Kori. Even if Kori 2 wasn't related to Ethan, it was the "out of time" Kori he (and by extension, we) cared about. Kori 2 isn't the girl he fell for, so meh to her.

That Sox thing you pointed out was true throughout the entire game, you must have worked pretty hard at missing it. Sox restored time whenever you found him.

Seems to me that Protector Derek probably died at some point; he's immune to aging, not drowning, stabbing, etc. Didn't his letter imply that he'd be dead by Ethan's time?

Just beat the little bonus bit post-game. Cute, but a complete alternate playthrough would have been better.

Killerbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thedicemaster said:
AtteJ said:
biggrin.gif
yes this time travelling stuff sure is confusing.

he got the pen he sent back to chapter1 from his dad. Umm.. how?
biggrin.gif
He got it from sox, who came from the time hole, which future-Ethan opened.

he got it twice, once from his later self through a time hole.
and near the end he got it from his dad(because due to some changes he never got the 1st one)
and why did he send the pen back? try the extended ending! if he didn't send the pen back his parents would be killed by irving all over again but without him being able to fix it with the pen. In the alternate ending, he didn't even get the pen? No wait. He got it from his dad, when they went to the school to rescue Kori..

what however is strange, is where the watch and letter came from(1st time using the hollow pen) Ethan got those from his father... He said it himself at the end.
he did get those from himself, and gave them back to his past self.
Woah, I don't want to think the story anymore, it's too confusing
biggrin.gif
D
But I sure hope this game would be a hit and they would make a sequel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?