FlameTakuya

OP
Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
So, yeah. This game came out today, and I finished it.

It was just way too epic to put down.

So yeah, here's the rough storyline.

Basically, you're this boy named Ethan who has this pen called the Hollow Pen, that when you draw a circle with it in the air, you can see into the past, and be able to change the future.

So you gotta change the fates of characters in the story, like preventing a girl from being crushed by a fridge, or your clubhouse dog being struck by lighting years ago, and a girl who got pushed off a building when your uncle was still in school, etc.

And nobody's heard of it because Konami sucked ballz and didn't bother to market or advertise such a great game.

If you liked the Ace Attorney and Hotel Dusk series you'll love this.

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The production values of the game are very high for the style, and the story is good. The only problems are it doesn't have much player interaction compared to the Ace Attorney series or Hotel Dusk and it could have done a bit more in terms of offering multiple endings with the concept. Overall, it's pretty addictive though, it was the same deal for me in terms of playing it in one sitting.

FlameTakuya

OP
Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
It only offered a second, very much shorter ending... When you complete the game and start back at your room at the prologue chapter, pick the option to follow your cat.

Though I wish they'd involve some of the characters more storyline-wise and personality wise... (I identify them by the numbers in their last names though. I love this game's naming convention. .

Vandas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was kind of disappointed that it only lasted as long as it did. I mean, it summed things up nicely, but I was like " Hey... wait, we're done? Damnit, that's not fair! "

The only thing I could have asked for is to make the game slightly more difficult in terms of the puzzles, and possibly a multi-ending game. After all, with time-travelling story lines, any ending is possible. Just look at Chrono Trigger.
tongue.gif
Something like that would have been interesting to go into this game.

Still, definately one of the most hook-line-n-sinker games I've played in a long time, and one I've dedicated to winning from the day I started it.

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a redump around somewhere but in the original thread there's an easy to apply patch which accomplishes the same purpose and is very small.

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FlameTakuya said:
I heard that you can steal Nine's glasses in one of the chapters...

What happens if you do that?

I stumbled across that by accident. It actually doesn't do anything. The next time you see her, your character will just return it and thats it.

currynoodles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Like many of you, finished in one seating, lol. It's too short!! So much for having something to satisfy my craving for more of the Ace Attorney.

Such fantastic production, hopefully they make more quality adventure/story games like this. Absolutely loved the idea of changing the past with the Hollow Pen. The Butterfly Effect could not have been explained better. Haha!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm playing through it and it's very good. I don't know why people say its crap... I would assume its because they haven't even tried it out. I'm stuck though! In chapter 1, after you find out that the clock you got as a present is missing... I don't know what to do. I go to every area and nothing new happens...

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should help you if I'm thinking correctly as to where you are.

In the hallway just before entering the classrooms, there is a posted note on the left side you need to look at.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... I'll check it out when I get home. Everytime I go outside of Chronos, he says he can use the pen, then the screen gets gray (like when time stops) and he says "Oh wait... I think I'm missing something..." and then the time hole doesn't open.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol