• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Three Wuhan lab researchers were hospitalized in November 2019

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And if I bonked on your head my hand would get sucked in from the black hole that occupies it inside. See? We can all name call here!
That's so cool I would love to have a black hole brain. Good for sucking in knowledge

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: Xzi

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have amazing things in there brain...
lets look at mine!
38e08335c840b2bf3892eabcff12246e.jpg

Reactions: Xzi and tabzer

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
I'd like to apologize for restoring to name calling. The people talking shit about fucking my mother and the others telling me how stupid I am got to me. I know those petty actions were meant to do exactly that and I fell for it. I just forgot how much in denial Trump haters are. I've since placed to offenders on ignore. I'm not sure why their posts haven't been removed, but now I don't have to deal with the immaturity.

My source, the actual United States Government released a time line that will verify my claims about what Trump did and how fast he acted. The only thing the Department of Defenses (DOD) response doesn't mention is the fact the Liberal media called Trump racist for closing the borders to combat the virus and the entire deal about calling the virus "Wuhan virus". Information pertaining to the Liberal media calling Trump racist for responding to the virus when they ignored it can be found below.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/was...ump-nbc-called-me-racist-banning-travel-china

Now let's all not forget that the Liberal media called COVID-19 the "Wuhan" virus when it first was discovered and this is before they started calling Trump a racist for referring to it with the same name they used.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julio...g-covid19-the-wuhan-coronavirusvirus-n2564022

Next we have the Liberal media claiming we won't have a vaccine for a very long time.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/30/opinion/coronavirus-covid-vaccine.html

Then the DOD timeline, which they, the DOD, a branch of the US Government is the source. You'll notice hundreds of actions taken by the Federal Government, which Trump is responsible for and also direct actions Trump took to combat the virus. The Liberal media claiming Trump didn't act or the people here trying to discredit my statements are wrong and this timeline proves so.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Timeline/

You can also find more about the governments response on the DOD website from using the link below.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/

If you believe any of the timeline is invalid then either check the source the DOD linked to (if any) or take it up with the DOD. Imagine thinking that you know more than the actual US Government when it comes to their own response to the virus.

The rest of my original statement is valid ...

JonhathonBaxster said:
Wrong. Trump was in office when the virus hit and the first thing he did was close the borders, form a CDC task force, issued social distancing and mask policies and removed restrictions to speed up development of a vaccine.

While Trump was doing this the Liberal left was calling him a racist for acting the way he did and telling us we wouldn't see a vaccine for 2 or more years.

Trump's actions saved millions of lives, but yeah, he's racist for closing the borders.

The entire reason Biden has a vaccine to distribute is because of Trump's actions.

Last thing, right before Trump lost the 2020 election his administration was acting on a plan to vaccinate the population with the vaccines he helped fast track and that "plan" is what Biden used when he took office.

Oh, but, like, Orange Man Bad, bahhhhhhh, bahhhhhhh, bahhhhhh (sheep)

To get back on topic. Here's an interesting bit of info about the Wuhan lab theory.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...edia-theory-china-wuhan-lab-cotton-trump.html

Of course, now it's time for the Trump haters to do their thing, which is to ignore the facts and act out of emotion. I again apologize for the name calling though, but like I said, people were commenting on fucking my mother and calling me all sorts of names.

Reactions: plasturion

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gbatemp should have a no tolerance rules here, people insulting others and name calling shouldnt be a thing. Gbatemp used to be a place were people could talk normally and respecful to one another nowdays people get annoyed for even a simple question about the scene like go Google it or resort to name calling. So many angry people for no reason, it cost nothing to be kind.

I do remember at the start when the virus was spreading to be called the Wuhan virus before Trump used it.

D

Deleted User

There shouldn't be anyone who can deny the racial undertones used in the original reportings' name for COVID-19 from all Mainstream Media, prior to the levels of infamy by the Government.

To this day, Historians and the layman still call the last Pandemic the Spanish Flu, even without adequate proof of its origin.
Yet nobody calling it this has thought of formally demanding compensation to Spain, a far cry from the calls on China today.

That's not to say People and Bodies cannot learn from past mistakes and move forward better, which would be optimal.

My personal position on this is that I would not bring up past events unless it is forgotten by those that lament current situations or to compare with current discrepancies and point out an evident pattern.

So, to tie it back to the original Post.
  • What has the World actually learnt from last century's Pandemic that was based on its origin
  • What hasn't the World actually learnt from last century's Pandemic that was based on its virology
  • Why are we playing this race-baiting game all over again this century

Last edited by , , Reason: Wrap-up.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There shouldn't be anyone who can deny the racial undertones used in the original reportings' name for COVID-19 from all Mainstream Media, prior to the levels of infamy by the Government.

To this day, Historians and the layman still call the last Pandemic the Spanish Flu, even without adequate proof of its origin.
Yet nobody calling it this has thought of demanding compensation to Spain, a far cry from the calls on China today.

That's not to say People and Bodies cannot learn from past mistakes and move forward better, which would be optimal.

My personal position on this is that I would not bring up past events unless it is forgotten by those that lament current situations or to compare with current discrepancies and point out an evident pattern.
It was called the Spanish Flu in part because Spain was honest about the pandemic in their country and accurately reported their numbers (as opposed to using WWI causalities as cover), and that has the result of making Spain seem like the place that was worst hit by the pandemic.

If that's our criteria for how a disease gets its name (where it hits the hardest), then COVID-19 should be called something like the Trump Mumps.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm cool with a black hole head, bottomless pits don't exist. Black holes do exist and they're awesome
Black holes are probably the closest thing we'll get to a bottomless pit in reality, since we don't know where a black hole goes or if it goes anywhere. It sucks up everything, even light, never to be seen again.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP

Yet nobody calling it this has thought of formally demanding compensation to Spain, a far cry from the calls on China today.

So, to tie it back to the original Post.
  • What has the World actually learnt from last century's Pandemic that was based on its origin
  • What hasn't the World actually learnt from last century's Pandemic that was based on its virology
  • Why are we playing this race-baiting game all over again this century

I don't find any racism in calling a virus by the location it was discovered in. That's all in the lefts head. Naming something by origin, like Kentucky Fried Chicken doesn't make me racist against people in Kentucky. With that said all of the evidence points to the virus being discovered in Wuhan, China and that's the same location that it started to spread around the globe. I know the only reason people started saying calling it by origin name was racist because Trump called it by that name. That's the only reason. ie - their hatred for the man. There's nothing racist about it.

Reactions: BitMasterPlus
D

Deleted User

I don't find any racism in calling a virus by the location it was discovered in.

We've been on this Merry-Go-Round before, so I will keep it brief and to what we can agree on.
In this case, it should be that Words do have the power to Harm.

You're not fond of people throwing words around about your parent and why should you, despite it being just words.
From that standpoint alone and without going to labelling any sequence of words racist you should be able to understand where the negative impact comes from.

I won't insult your intelligence by not acknowledging that the hypocrisy of Racist Language in the United States is that it is totally acceptable when spread by people of the target Race, which doesn't happen anywhere in South East Asia, so I hope that it is possible for us to see eye to eye on the point of Words having power to incite people to hurt others.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7428442/ found in sewers before officially announce is kinda sus, though what I hate more than anything is when people say 'made in a lab' nono, not so much made, perhaps modified/enhance
That is just splitting hairs though .
Of course it is just assumed that they start with a base virus or multiple and then use recombinant DNA technology to modify it
So you're cool with having a head like this?
iu

Your words, not mine, just wanted to clarify. :)
you posted the wrong wojack brainlett
st-small-507x507-pad-600x600-f8f8f8-u2.jpg

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd like to apologize for restoring to name calling. The people talking shit about fucking my mother and the others telling me how stupid I am got to me. I know those petty actions were meant to do exactly that and I fell for it. I just forgot how much in denial Trump haters are. I've since placed to offenders on ignore. I'm not sure why their posts haven't been removed, but now I don't have to deal with the immaturity.

My source, the actual United States Government released a time line that will verify my claims about what Trump did and how fast he acted. The only thing the Department of Defenses (DOD) response doesn't mention is the fact the Liberal media called Trump racist for closing the borders to combat the virus and the entire deal about calling the virus "Wuhan virus". Information pertaining to the Liberal media calling Trump racist for responding to the virus when they ignored it can be found below.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/was...ump-nbc-called-me-racist-banning-travel-china

Now let's all not forget that the Liberal media called COVID-19 the "Wuhan" virus when it first was discovered and this is before they started calling Trump a racist for referring to it with the same name they used.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julio...g-covid19-the-wuhan-coronavirusvirus-n2564022

Next we have the Liberal media claiming we won't have a vaccine for a very long time.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/30/opinion/coronavirus-covid-vaccine.html

Then the DOD timeline, which they, the DOD, a branch of the US Government is the source. You'll notice hundreds of actions taken by the Federal Government, which Trump is responsible for and also direct actions Trump took to combat the virus. The Liberal media claiming Trump didn't act or the people here trying to discredit my statements are wrong and this timeline proves so.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Timeline/

You can also find more about the governments response on the DOD website from using the link below.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/

If you believe any of the timeline is invalid then either check the source the DOD linked to (if any) or take it up with the DOD. Imagine thinking that you know more than the actual US Government when it comes to their own response to the virus.

The rest of my original statement is valid ...

To get back on topic. Here's an interesting bit of info about the Wuhan lab theory.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...edia-theory-china-wuhan-lab-cotton-trump.html

Of course, now it's time for the Trump haters to do their thing, which is to ignore the facts and act out of emotion. I again apologize for the name calling though, but like I said, people were commenting on fucking my mother and calling me all sorts of names.
Was it really that hard to swallow your pride and actually post some sources?

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
We've been on this Merry-Go-Round before, so I will keep it brief and to what we can agree on.
In this case, it should be that Words do have the power to Harm.

You're not fond of people throwing words around about your parent and why should you, despite it being just words.
From that standpoint alone and without going to labelling any sequence of words racist you should be able to understand where the negative impact comes from.

I won't insult your intelligence by not acknowledging that the hypocrisy of Racist Language in the United States is that it is totally acceptable when spread by people of the target Race, which doesn't happen anywhere in South East Asia, so I hope that it is possible for us to see eye to eye on the point of Words having power to incite people to hurt others.

Yes, words can hurt, but most people weren't using the words to hurt anyone. I suppose you could use the location of the virus in combination with hate filled speech, but just calling it by the name the entire world called it for two months is not racist. Using the name in a racist context is quite possible, but that's not what most people do when mentioning the virus came from Wuhan, China. All sorts of things have names based on real life locations so I don't see the problem by calling it the Chinese Wuhan virus. Heck, the virus could have come from over seas in another location, but it was first discovered in Wuhan, China and that's where the pandemic started.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,
D

Deleted User

let's not miss the important stuff.
Tl;dr, if you noticed there was a large media shift right after Biden took over. Suddenly the lab leak hypothesis suddenly became oddly "consented" to across the board. This is really just manufacturing consent. This is a lot like what happened with afganistan, we're suddenly really trying to pin the blame, rather than create fixes to prevent it again... such as a better pandemic response.

D

Deleted User

Because really if it was made in a lab by China to harm us.
A strong pandemic response would of STILL saved hundreds to even thousands of lives. Masks, distancing, and eventually vaccination would accomplish that.
Oh by the way... if you watched the video you would of found out the United states was also involved in the same Chinese lab...
Though of course the United states is going to pretend that didn't happen and blame China. For those wondering why researchers mess with viruses. No it's not to create a bio weapon. It's to usually see how the virus can hop from animal to animal to create effective antibodies. Reason for the cover up at this point could be that China's government falsely believed they could contain it in time before it rapidly spread. More of a PR move, make everyone believe everything is okay so they don't seem weaker or give more ammunition to hate them, which well, obiviously backfired... just my guess.
Though the practice was paused by Obama, since well, it creates a crap ton of controversy. And then Trump renabled the practice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3