Those indoor grills

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been debating on one of these, my foreman's about on it's last leg heard they can get smokey AF wondering if any members here uses them something like this one

Ninja AG301 Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill with Air Fry, Roast, Bake & Dehydrate, Black/Silver https://a.co/d/j7QBYaP

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seen them on TV when I have been wandering by but have not taken the plunge myself.

There is a phrase along the lines of "a tool that does everything is good at nothing" and while some things might be combined together (air fryers being little more than kettle elements in a box with a fan) that list does not look that useful.

At the same time the backlash against air fryers has me curious; air fryers will not replace various tools and techniques but will get 90% of the way there (95% if you shallow fry some things afterwards that would normally be double fried) which is more than enough for weeknights. To that end the dehydrator will probably not beat my standalone one but I would be surprised if it can't get enough done to note.
Would an air fryer replace a foreman... that is a tough one. I reckon I could pull it off but it is not going to be a drop in replacement.

I am also wary of kitchen gadgets with too many brains. Chips and sensors, and stupid touch screens, when I could have clunking switches and buzzing timers instead is not my chosen path.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen them on TV when I have been wandering by but have not taken the plunge myself.

There is a phrase along the lines of "a tool that does everything is good at nothing" and while some things might be combined together (air fryers being little more than kettle elements in a box with a fan) that list does not look that useful.

At the same time the backlash against air fryers has me curious; air fryers will not replace various tools and techniques but will get 90% of the way there (95% if you shallow fry some things afterwards that would normally be double fried) which is more than enough for weeknights. To that end the dehydrator will probably not beat my standalone one but I would be surprised if it can't get enough done to note.
Would an air fryer replace a foreman... that is a tough one. I reckon I could pull it off but it is not going to be a drop in replacement.

I am also wary of kitchen gadgets with too many brains. Chips and sensors, and stupid touch screens, when I could have clunking switches and buzzing timers instead is not my chosen path.
I'd light up a BBQ grill anytime but because of complex rules we're really not allowed to have them a machine like this would be a good replacement if it actually mimicks a grill well enough most reviews are pretty positive on it. I know a lot of users here are foodies and gadget buyers so thought some may have experience with them. I'm mostly looking for one that will give a nice sear (if spelled right) on my cooking. I own a air fryer already and use it often just figure this might be a bit better for that outdoor grill type of thing. Ninja has a pretty popular reputation in the states. Or if someone would like to link other products that might be beat them im all for it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've tries a bunch of electric grills in my day and while most are just glorified toasters there are some that are pretty good.
I've never seen one integrated into an air fryer though.
Are there heaters in the grill grate, or just the top heater?
Is the grill grate heavy and beefy and with a large thermal mass, so that it doesn't cool down immediately once you slap your meat on it?
What do the reviews say about the non-stick coating?

People mostly hate on the air fryers because of all the other people acting like air fryers are the Second Coming and getting on everyone's nerves, mostly.
I'm in the "my regular oven does all that so I don't need a dedicated appliance" camp but my regular oven takes 15 minutes to preheat, and then 2 hours to cool down, and overall is a pain in the ass to use if you're baking anything smaller than a Sunday roast.
Once my pressure cooker bites it I'm getting this combo as a replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii