Homebrew This would be friggin' amazing!

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Can someone make a DS homebrew verison of this Flash game. Think about it, it's perfectly made for a DS!

http://www.digyourowngrave.com/hello-worlds/

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone make a DS homebrew verison of this Flash game. Think about it, it's perfectly made for a DS!

http://www.digyourow...m/hello-worlds/
Easily coded but it would need to copy all the worlds or make new, if you really want it on ds i can code but you will have to make all the levels. Though i'd prefer to work on my current project

Schmendrick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dennisvanzwieten.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a nice little game, but I don't think it'd work that well on DS. I was rather excited about the possibility when there were two worlds on the screen at once, since that would be perfect for the device. However, in later stages there's 3 and even 4 different worlds simultaneously, which just wouldn't work on the DS' tiny screen. I'm afraid you'd need a resolution at least twice that of the DS to be able to play this game properly.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Nice game......... hipe someone will do it. Maybe we can expect this for the homebrew bounty. :P

Though i'd prefer to work on my current project
What are you working on ATM ?

I'm afraid you'd need a resolution at least twice that of the DS to be able to play this game properly.
As if SMB shows the whole level on the screen.

Schmendrick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dennisvanzwieten.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

No, it doesn't; but SMB is more action-oriented than Hello Worlds. SMB is about reflexes, where HW is about planning your way around the level. Dividing the screen into 4 wouldn't leave you with much screen space for each world, so you'd need some way to work around this.
Downscaling the graphics would bring you a long way. But I do think that seeing the entire level in one screen is a major part of this game, and as the graphics are already fairly small (and pixel based), downscaling wouldn't leave you with anything recognizable.
Another option is to only use either screen for up to 2 worlds each. Though it would mess with your aspect ratio, I think this might work.

Anyway, I didn't mean to say it's impossible or to discourage anyone from trying, my only point was that it's not as easy as it might look at first, and that you will have to compromise in some way or other.

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice game......... hipe someone will do it. Maybe we can expect this for the homebrew bounty. :P

Though i'd prefer to work on my current project
What are you working on ATM ?

I'm afraid you'd need a resolution at least twice that of the DS to be able to play this game properly.
Well always on the same project, on the diablo2 remake, though i don't have much time those days i should release (well better say i hope) a new version for Christmas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog: