Hardware thinking of getting N3DS and a flash cart

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, not very experienced in this scene. What is the current best flashcart i can buy to play roms on for New3DS? Sky3ds+? And are there limitations? For instance, if I go get a brand new New3DS from a store, and maybe has whatever latest firmware New3DS runs, would said flash cart be able to work?

Platinum2183

Trophies
XP
Country
the best thing to do is when you get a console, not to update. If your console is below 10.5, you can downgrade it for free, and this gives you the availability to get an emunand which will let you do what you like. As for flash carts, they should work on whatever firmware unless it's an older one

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best thing to do is when you get a console, not to update. If your console is below 10.5, you can downgrade it for free, and this gives you the availability to get an emunand which will let you do what you like. As for flash carts, they should work on whatever firmware unless it's an older one
Do you use a flash cart? If so which one

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is not much benefit to flashcarts now, unless you want the ability to play DS games on 3DS.

Platinum2183

Trophies
XP
Country
ah my bad, when you're talking about flash carts i thought you meant ds carts. You can either get a sky3ds, or you can get cfw and download them on an sd card for free.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is not much benefit to flashcarts now, unless you want the ability to play DS games on 3DS.
This. Maybe when GW supports a9lh they will become a thing again (but not Sky), but apart from that flash carts are an annoyance. It's not even faster to drag and drop .3ds files on your cart since, to do this you needed to download the .3ds first, and (depending on where the .3ds file is hosted obviously) downloading from CDN directly with FBI may be just as fast.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, not very experienced in this scene. What is the current best flashcart i can buy to play roms on for New3DS? Sky3ds+? And are there limitations? For instance, if I go get a brand new New3DS from a store, and maybe has whatever latest firmware New3DS runs, would said flash cart be able to work?

the flashcart would work if it is sky3ds or sky3ds+ your only restriction would be not being able to play online without a "private header" and you can't play games that have the new AP signature check.

I have the original blue button sky3ds.

EDIT: Sky3ds+ bypasses the AP checks

Last edited by [^Blark^],

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
the flashcart would work if it is sky3ds or sky3ds+ your only restriction would be not being able to play online without a "private header" and you can't play games that have the new AP signature check.

I have the original blue button sky3ds.

EDIT: Sky3ds+ bypasses the AP checks
a9lh+luma3ds>sky3dsbullshit

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically you don't need a flashcard what you need to accomplish your goals is like this
if the console is 10.5 or lower . . . nothing you can downgrade to 9.2 install cfw and pirate all you want
if the console is 10.6 or higher. . . buy the legend of Zelda ocarina of time and powersaves3ds use it to downgrade to 9.2 install cfw and pirate all you want
if the console is 4.1- 9.2 . . . your golden install cfw and pirate all you want
if the console is lower than 4.1 . . . use a game to update the system to 6.x or 4.x (if you have a working browser 9.2 or 9.0 will work as well) then install cfw and pirate all you want

Reactions: samiam144

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sky3ds+ is expensive but you leave your system intact. no problems about crash, slow running, freezes etc... you continue to have an original 3ds but you can play roms in it.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
sky3ds+ is expensive but you leave your system intact. no problems about crash, slow running, freezes etc... you continue to have an original 3ds but you can play roms in it.
WHAT ARE THE ODDS of a nintendo 3ds system freezing for a9lh+cfw???
And sky3ds+/original is a mess you have to rotate through your games like an idiot instead of having them in the home menu, not knowing when the game you actually and to play will come up. And anyways, you're paying for piracy when you don't even have to pay, because piracy is free(on the 3ds side anyways)...

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WHAT ARE THE ODDS of a nintendo 3ds system freezing for a9lh+cfw???
And sky3ds+/original is a mess you have to rotate through your games like an idiot instead of having them in the home menu, not knowing when the game you actually and to play will come up. And anyways, you're paying for piracy when you don't even have to pay, because piracy is free(on the 3ds side anyways)...
why so rude man, just different opinions

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
something i said maybe isn't true? now he knows about all his options so i'm just talking about my experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1