Hardware thinking of getting N3DS and a flash cart

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! loving the discussion thank you for all the tips! Even though my thread title was "looking to get flash cart" maybe i should have worded it differently. What i want to know is basically if i want to play 3ds roms on a BRAND NEW New3DS (possibly with latest firmware if its new), what are my options?
Although tons of what you guys talked about just went over my head since i have not been following the scene and learning terms and names and methods etc, I kind of have a picture of my options, correct me if I am wrong:
Downgrading and using "CFW" lets me simply load roms on sd card (is there limitation with newest games?) and i can choose what I want to play with an actual on screen GUI
Using something like Sky3DS+ is essentially the same thing as CFW but you dont have to worry about flashing anything to your actual console and is just more convenient, downsides are that you have to manually cycle through games without a real GUI, and its not free.
SIDE QUESTION: If i want to play a game online multiplayer, for instance a pokemon game, wouldn't I need the latest firmware? ( Kind of like xbox live and PSN require latest firmware to get online) so in that case sky3ds+ would be better since it lets me be on whatever firmware i want?

Broch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS + R4i gold card. I can play any 3ds game I want with Luma3DS and the R4 card lets me play DS games.

$22 shipped for the R4i card. Only tested a few games since I've gotten it and couldn't get one final fantasy game to work. Every other game worked mint though

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS + R4i gold card. I can play any 3ds game I want with Luma3DS and the R4 card lets me play DS games.

$22 shipped for the R4i card. Only tested a few games since I've gotten it and couldn't get one final fantasy game to work. Every other game worked mint though
i don't mind spending $87 on sky3ds+ if it means playing every game, without headache of flashing firmwares or downgrading and all that stuff

Reactions: [^Blark^]

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its idiotic the sky3ds plus just hack the 3ds and put a cfw on it its cheaper and more efficient and gives you more freedom
But that requires out of date firmware since youre downgrading? dont firmware upgrades improve consoles? also can you play online with CFW and downgraded firmware?

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a beginner's guide to downgrading and installing a9lh+cfw? would love to read up on it see if its something i can handle.
also... i was going to get a cheaper refurbished new3DS, but you guys say that the brand new ones have downgradeable firmware?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for someone who said hasn't been up to date on the scene I would suggest the flashcart. it may cost money but still it will save the headache and won't have to deal with a partial downgrade those do exist and if OP happens to not back up a file to restore too it's done for isn't it. I'm not saying not to use cfw I just say for a NEW user wanted to play .3ds files (roms) easily a flashcart is simply plug n play after transferring roms with the tool.

it's all a matter of opinion and OP's choice.

best of luck on what you choose hope you get the setup you wish :).

happy gaming

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
for someone who said hasn't been up to date on the scene I would suggest the flashcart. it may cost money but still it will save the headache and won't have to deal with a partial downgrade those do exist and if OP happens to not back up a file to restore too it's done for isn't it. I'm not saying not to use cfw I just say for a NEW user wanted to play .3ds files (roms) easily a flashcart is simply plug n play after transferring roms with the tool.

it's all a matter of opinion and OP's choice.

best of luck on what you choose hope you get the setup you wish :).

happy gaming
please, don't if you have a brand new 3ds take the a9lh route, it's superior and nowadays it's easier than ever

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Is there a beginner's guide to downgrading and installing a9lh+cfw? would love to read up on it see if its something i can handle.
also... i was going to get a cheaper refurbished new3DS, but you guys say that the brand new ones have downgradeable firmware?
They all do. Every firmware to date can be downgraded. However, after 10.5, you'd need cubic ninja or oot to do so. It's stupid easy. Even if you just downgrade to install menuhax. That's far better than hoping for a flashcard.

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wtf man. If he wants to use a flashcard l, let him doing this on his own. I bought in the past a flashcard too and where the hell was it unstable? In my time, there wasn't an newer exploit over 9.2. So keep calm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)