Gaming Thinking of Buying Vita

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like Dynasty Warriors on Vita. Uncharted is not a bad choice either. Ninja Gaiden was... just okay.

Oh god Dynasty Warriors Next is awesome. It has the perfect amount of sleeze and cornballness to make me love it. Plus it passes my Dynasty Warriors staples:
  • Impossibly hard-to-follow story (Thanks Romance of the Three Kingdoms)
  • Awful "widdly widdly wah" guitar soundtrack
  • Awful voice acting
  • Tons of enemies on screen to hack and slash
  • Odds are it'll take you a lifetime to finish the damn game
God I love this game.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I suggest you wait for a price drop and more games to maximize your investment, just stick to your other systems in the meantime.

It's worth $250. For what you're getting it's a rather remarkable system for that price.
Yes, but it would be better after a year a so.
about $200 and a bunch of new games for the system.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can I ask when you get your 3DS and how many months after launch you got it? Just throwing that out there.

There's already a pretty decent number of time sinks for the Vita to keep you satisfied until the next game. Lumines, Super Stardust Delta, and Dynasty Warriors all have some pretty nice replay value off the top of my head. Plus I just got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (which is now actually playable with the analog mapping) so that's a nice time sink too.

I don't really see how $50 would change a lot. If a price drop ever comes. I know it's been flopping in Japan but god knows how it's doing in the west. I thought it was doing rather alright when I last checked, but who knows.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Can I ask when you get your 3DS and how many months after launch you got it? Just throwing that out there.

There's already a pretty decent number of time sinks for the Vita to keep you satisfied until the next game. Lumines, Super Stardust Delta, and Dynasty Warriors all have some pretty nice replay value off the top of my head. Plus I just got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (which is now actually playable with the analog mapping) so that's a nice time sink too.

I don't really see how $50 would change a lot. If a price drop ever comes. I know it's been flopping in Japan but god knows how it's doing in the west. I thought it was doing rather alright when I last checked, but who knows.
Christmas 2012.
Although The only awesome games are Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D Land, none of which were out at launch.
Also $50 gets you more games :P
And price drops always come, it just depends when.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
While you're waiting for your price drop, I'm enjoying playing the games that are available and the games that are coming out in the next few weeks. That's what it boils down to.
And you're down however much the price ends up dropping. This is not a clear cut problem.

But here, let me lay down the proper procedure to follow when buying a video game system:
Does it have any video games games that interest you? if it does, consider purchasing it. If not, do not purchase it, or wait until video games are released that do interest you.

Edit: @Firegrey Played Kid Icarus yet?

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7