Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Still says 20 for me.
Europe is having it's revenge on me, noooo!

Does one hold up to 2TB storage space? Does it work with game consoles? If the answers to those questions are yes then hurray.:grog:
SSDs are faster, much faster than average hard drives. That's why people use them. They're also fairly expensive at the 2TB level. And I suppose if you shoved one in an Xbox, it would work.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Does one hold up to 2TB storage space? Does it work with game consoles? If the answers to those questions are yes then hurray.:grog:
A normal mechanical HDD usually have read and writes speeds of about 100 MB/s max. An SSD will reach 400 - 700 MB/s. Running your OS on a computer on an SSD will DRASTICALLY lower boot times. Also games running on one will load way faster. They can be used on consoles and it does lower load times there too, but not as significant as on PCs.

Reactions: Chary

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if it works then good, just it was only 250GB is not like it was 500 or more, then i can see panic, Still though, i mean i would need one that holds lot more, it be a pain to buy 4 for $100 and then have to keep swapping them cause like only 4 DISC games can fit on them with the darn file size for install data and updates being so big :wtf:

Do i have to remind everyone that halo master chief collection on xbox one is over 60GB to just play, with the disc? That is like 15% of the storage including updates and save data.:ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean if it works then good, just it was only 250GB is not like it was 500 or more, then i can see panic, Still though, i mean i would need one that holds lot more, it be a pain to buy 4 for $100 and then have to keep swapping them cause like only 4 DISC games can fit on them with the darn file size for install data and updates being so big :wtf:
Yeah, a SSD that small would be problematic on consoles. Here's my scenario on PC.
About 10 TB of mechanical drive space and 120 gigs for OS (C drive, extra small because I split it with a Manjaro installation). If I play a game that I'm gonna sink 20 or more hours into, I usually put it on my SSD while I play it.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Back on topic...
I recently got heartbreak, due to not being able to get that SSD.

But at least I bought another Vita for my birthday! Just decked it out with a case and screen protector today. Now I have my 3.63 Vita for review codes, and my 3.60 Vita for my...total legal shenanigans! Both are lovely OLEDs <3

FullSizeRender.jpg

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, a SSD that small would be problematic on consoles. Here's my scenario on PC.
About 10 TB of mechanical drive space and 120 gigs for OS (C drive, extra small because I split it with a Manjaro installation). If I play a game that I'm gonna sink 20 or more hours into, I usually put it on my SSD while I play it.
I never seen so many storage devices connected to a computer at once. And now i feel bad, i mean jealous. that i don't have a pc good enough to play PC games that i want on it. Really need a Nvidia branded GPU laptop to play the steam games i keep buying on my wishlish. I haven't played letheal league in months. I actually have some copies i wanted to share with someone so we can play together. :glare:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Back on topic...
I recently got heartbreak, due to not being able to get that SSD.

But at least I bought another Vita for my birthday! Just decked it out with a case and screen protector today. Now I have my 3.63 Vita for review codes, and my 3.60 Vita for my...total legal shenanigans! Both are lovely OLEDs <3

View attachment 73789
I didn't know the vita looks like that, are they new branded model? Cause i never seen it. What is different about it besides the color? :unsure:

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Ordered one at $20 price (obvious price mistake)
just waiting for the incoming cancellation email...
Were you able to get it just now? Argh...I'm still seeing it say 76.99 in my cart...sigh. I'm not sure about Dell, but I know Target and Newegg honor price mistakes, maybe you'll luck out.

I didn't know the vita looks like that, are they new branded model? Cause i never seen it. What is different about it besides the color? :unsure:

Nothing different about these two. They're both OLED original models, and the one on the right just has a really slick protector metal case.

D

Deleted User

My paycheck doesn't go through for another 12 hours :cry: I hope they don't sell out

(It's cuz USA>Everyone)
Ripperoni my dude
upload_2017-1-5_12-41-17.png

What's the big deal is just a 250GB storage, is not like 2 TB But the price is nice. :P

What exactly does it work with, game consoles like ps3/ps4? Cause i mean if it does, i would need a new one since the games are so damn big in file size and updates :wtf:
Dude SSDs are super fast. That's why it was originally 100$. SSDs are expensive but good.

Reactions: Chary and VinsCool

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got this lovely shirt in the post today :3 It's so prettyyyyyyy, I love getting new clothes!
mm1FXts.jpg
Is this a kingdom hearts reference? :creep:

I finally caved in and bought the metal gear ps4 I've been wanting for a while. Looks so cool
Whatever you do, please don't buy metal gear survive. We need konami to respect us, Kojima's fans. :ninja:

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a kingdom hearts reference? :creep:
Nah, it's a design based on the last few episodes of Your Lie in April. You should totally watch the show if you haven't already, it's incredible (also on Netflix for ease of access).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the big deal is just a 250GB storage, is not like 2 TB But the price is nice. :P

What exactly does it work with, game consoles like ps3/ps4? Cause i mean if it does, i would need a new one since the games are so damn big in file size and updates :wtf:

Bought me a Qanba Drone fight stick with a cupon code for discount. :creep:

qanba-drone-3.jpg

That isn't mine, i didn't get it yet, just ordered it at 2:30 am, but this is how it looks like, and when i get it, i'll be ready to fight anyone on my OFFICIAL SONY LICENSED ARCADE FIGHT STICK on PS4 PS3 and PC. :ninja:

Good luck affording even a 1 TB SSD :P

Anyways, got a Pro Controller for the Wii U, I didn't want to spend money but asked one as a gift :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...