IMG_20151003_113802.jpg

3 of my fave games of all time :D

Aidan25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got these today.
Note that I got 4sword adventures in the WindWaker case, and Ocarina of Time manual lol. Go figure xD

View attachment 26336
You're rich! But also you can find games really really easily in the US and Canada and I envy you for that :(

Picked these two up about 5 months ago now for $15 or $20 from CashConverters, an op shop. (I'd also like to say that Imgur is a joke. Flipped my image the first time and then when I uploaded it again after rotating it flipped to see if it would do the inverse, it was still upside down)
VD77Mx6.jpg

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You're rich! But also you can find games really really easily in the US and Canada and I envy you for that :(

Picked these two up about 5 months ago now for $15 or $20 from CashConverters, an op shop. (I'd also like to say that Imgur is a joke. Flipped my image the first time and then when I uploaded it again after rotating it flipped to see if it would do the inverse, it was still upside down)
Well, Super Mario RPG alone cost me 60$ xD

Reactions: Aidan25

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well that's understandable it's a rare game :P I've heard it's great too but I don't even have a SNES

Forgot that I also bought this for $24 off eBay and it's the fan translation.
Ooooh nice aquisition!
I may get this game too eventually :)

And yeah Super Mario RPG is awesome! Try it on emulator if you don't have a SNES yet :) it's really good.

Aidan25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooooh nice aquisition!
I may get this game too eventually :)

And yeah Super Mario RPG is awesome! Try it on emulator if you don't have a SNES yet :) it's really good.
I like playing the real cartridge using a real controller but I have been playing Earthbound on an emulator (which I think is the coolest game I've ever played), so maybe in a couple weeks when I'm not busy.

Reactions: Margen67

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I like playing the real cartridge using a real controller but I have been playing Earthbound on an emulator (which I think is the coolest game I've ever played), so maybe in a couple weeks when I'm not busy.
Oh earthbound... If it wasn't so rare and expensive, I would have bought it already :(
Or i could buy the uncensored repro for 50$ xD But I'll see.

Aidan25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh earthbound... If it wasn't so rare and expensive, I would have bought it already :(
Or i could buy the uncensored repro for 50$ xD But I'll see.
Yeah even though it wasn't released in the PAL region, I may have to do the same thing if I want to play it on a PAL SNES. But it's risky business.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woke up in a field about 35km (in cretin that is 22 miles) from my house, after paying through the nose for a train ticket on the day on a Sunday I thought I would have a wander around the car boot as it was a 30 second detour on the walk of shame. For so late in the year (most others run until September, let alone this late) it was a great haul for me

thrg041015.JPG

Bailey no4 stanley pattern plane. I have a few of them now but if they are that clean and going for £5 I do it, if only because whenever I go around youtube/new woodworker comment type places I always see people buying a rusty piece of junk for 4 times that and having to fully restore it whereas that will probably plane right now and if not then with a minor sharpen it will. You can not see it in the image but it is a brass adjuster ring and rosewood handles so quite old as far as these things go.
360 controller I still need to look at it (the right stick is broken somehow and I have no idea about the electricals) but for £2 then even if I just use the buttons I am up on the deal. Edit. Broken inside of the electrical stick/board. Will find another broken one and solder the two together.
eggbeater/belly drill. I have never got along with this style of drill (much prefer a brace if I have to go manual and an Archimedes drill is not enough) and though that is about as good as it gets it is still not for me, with that said I stuck a bit in it and drilled a very nice hole despite the thing probably being about 100 years old. The small old hacksaw is just an old hacksaw (the label reckons circa 1920). £2 for both of them. I will probably give them to a friend that collects old tools and actually likes them in a bit worn condition rather than museum/showpiece.
The square edge clamp. Sadly does not close in tight enough for most wood mitre joints I do but I do have a bunch of box tubing to weld at some point in the near future so it is all good. Somewhere under £2 as that was the change I had in my pocket at that point.
Large saw. Just a large tooth saw, guy threw it in with the tap handle below. Probably going to resharpen and set it properly this afternoon.
Nice large ratcheting tap/die handle. More of a plumbing one than a straight up engineering/machining one (though the distinction is pretty minor and almost non existent for my purposes), it did also come with some extra inserts but they were rusted almost beyond recovery so probably only good for pattern/sizing or forging into something else.

As I had just stumbled off the train I had no bag so I had to turn up a bunch of irwin marple chisels going for next to nothing which I am kicking myself about. On the other hand I do have some quite nice chisels for what I need and if not then hopefully they will be back next week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even