Gaming THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to this website it only has about 5 hours and 48 minutes of gameplay, everything else its replay time. http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=7819

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I sold mine.

It's a nice game with good music, but I just don't like Final Fantasy.

The game is full touch control. At first I thought it was gyro and I kept twisting my system around.

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to this website it only has about 5 hours and 48 minutes of gameplay, everything else its replay time. http://howlongtobeat...php?gameid=7819
lol, they just added the play time of all the tracks? that's genius. yeah, sure, one-pass everything.
Umm no. if you look at the play style statistics you can see how fast or slow it took to complete it. the fastest time it took to beat the main quest + all medal and unlockables being 5 hours and 9 minutes and the longest it took was 6 hours and 39 minutes. I'm not bashing the game, I love it actually, but theres a misconception going around that its 300 hours long which is not correct. It does have high replay ability, specially if your a fan of final fantasy like me because you're just going to want to hear the music again and again. It's an awesome game but again if i had to choose between this and Kingdom hearts I'd pick kingdom hearts. Also to your "yeah, sure, one-pass everything." comment, when you count gameplay hours you dont add in replay ability hours, thats like saying Kingdom hearts has 300 hours of gameplay because you can replay it and pass it multiple times for 300 hours

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the game yesterday and I have been playing it non stop since!..well, when I have time.
I love rhythm games, I have played all the Taiko Drums series (Wii/DS) and EBA - Eng/Jap.
I love FF music, more so than the games.

It's a must buy, basically the main game consists of playing 5 songs from each FF that has been released (Tactics not included - strictly original FF..well from what I've played so far and I've played for over 3 hours).
I pre-ordered it and got it for £22 so I saved a bit.

I think it's a no brainer if you love rhythm games and FF music, the gameplay is similar to EBA (when it comes to how the notes appear on screen) but there is also a lot more to it.
You can equip your character with different 'moves', these moves can give you more HP (other items too), so if you made mistakes, you last longer. Once one character has been knocked out it goes to your 2nd/3rd/4th. You also have overall items for the group, so if you get all the notes in a row and get to the extended version you get more points, or unlock an attack from your monsters.

.You can also unlock more characters from the FF series.
.There's a challenge mode, where you can choose specifically one song to try on normal, hard or experienced.
.You unlock collectible cards.
.Streetpass - allows you to share songs/Dark notes people can try and complete them together through local connection, or alone - NO WIFI. It also shows how many hours you played, your FF team, your level and what is your most played songs etc.
.The museum - watch music videos from the gameplay (without tapping and missing it all). Listen to the music. View your collected cards that you obtain through gameplay (not physical). And view records of your gameplay.

Ok I waffled a lot there, but there is a lot to this game, AND you can download more songs through the shop now.
I think it's ace, and you won't feel you wasted your money. If you're really on the fence though, just wait for the demo release in US.

D

Deleted User

According to this website it only has about 5 hours and 48 minutes of gameplay, everything else its replay time. http://howlongtobeat...php?gameid=7819
lol, they just added the play time of all the tracks? that's genius. yeah, sure, one-pass everything.
Umm no. if you look at the play style statistics you can see how fast or slow it took to complete it. the fastest time it took to beat the main quest + all medal and unlockables being 5 hours and 9 minutes and the longest it took was 6 hours and 39 minutes. I'm not bashing the game, I love it actually, but theres a misconception going around that its 300 hours long which is not correct. It does have high replay ability, specially if your a fan of final fantasy like me because you're just going to want to hear the music again and again. It's an awesome game but again if i had to choose between this and Kingdom hearts I'd pick kingdom hearts. Also to your "yeah, sure, one-pass everything." comment, when you count gameplay hours you dont add in replay ability hours, thats like saying Kingdom hearts has 300 hours of gameplay because you can replay it and pass it multiple times for 300 hours

I think it took me a little over 5 hours to "beat" the game, which was not even close to being an accomplishment, and honestly I didn't expect it to be either. I expected about as much plot as FFR/Stepmania/Project DIVA from the trailers, and that's what I got. Little to no story, 75ish songs to replay on Ultimate difficulty until perfection. Luckily, that's what I wanted, so I haven't been disappointed. Got SSS scores on Beginner, working on the same for Expert now. Ultimate is going to take some lucky runs to SSS, and that's where I'll get the most playtime I'm sure.

That aside, I do have one disappointment, and that's the Dark Note stages. I was hoping for a larger variety, but It's just two sets of 10-song pairs that get pushed together in a two-digit pair. [Song A0 - Song A9] + [Song B0 - Song B9] = Dark Note 00 - Dark Note 99, this makes the Dark Notes terribly repetitive and the difficulty ramp-up is either too slow or non-existant (it's supposed to be based on your average party level at the time of unlock).

Overall, I'd give it 4/5 for solid gameplay, but a small lack of variety and difficulty.

Reactions: 1 person

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i doubt he unlocked all the bonus tracks, characters and SSS all 70+ songs in under 6hours while getting all trophies. especially sense you need to get max rhythmia to unlock everything i call Bullshit on that time for 100%, 5hrs to get 10,000 rhythmia to technically "beat" the game i can believe though.

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt he unlocked all the bonus tracks, characters and SSS all 70+ songs in under 6hours while getting all trophies. especially sense you need to get max rhythmia to unlock everything i call Bullshit on that time for 100%, 5hrs to get 10,000 rhythmia to technically "beat" the game i can believe though.
I agree, 5 hours is pretty quick to gather that much rhythmia, nonetheless 300 hours to achieve 10,000 is much more or just as absurd.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing that worries me about the game is 40$ price point + DLC.

Is it really worth that much? How much play time would you get for all the songs they have now? Give or take a few replays.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing that worries me about the game is 40$ price point + DLC.

Is it really worth that much? How much play time would you get for all the songs they have now? Give or take a few replays.
with or without getting the max points and unlocking everything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle