Gaming THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing that worries me about the game is 40$ price point + DLC.

Is it really worth that much? How much play time would you get for all the songs they have now? Give or take a few replays.
with or without getting the max points and unlocking everything?
With, most likely. I'm a completionist.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing that worries me about the game is 40$ price point + DLC.

Is it really worth that much? How much play time would you get for all the songs they have now? Give or take a few replays.
with or without getting the max points and unlocking everything?
With, most likely. I'm a completionist.
atleast 100 hours. i have over 44 hours on the game and i only have 44k point things, the max is 99,999. that will not even get you all of the people you are able to unlock. and getting SSS on all songs. atleast 100 hours.

Reactions: 1 person

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Totally sounds worth the 40+ Dollars it'll be worth. I'll be picking it up within the month.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really hoping they release song pack eventually cuz $1 a song can get pretty pricey after a while.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered heroes of ruin (usa release next week) but really want this too. Should I cancel my preorder and get this instead? I'll get both eventually but I've heard so much good about this. Ppl haven't really said much here about heroes of ruin. I have til Tuesday to decide. Please help.
(Hopefully it is in stores soon. Haven't seen Theaterythm at gamestop at all.)

loco365

Trophies
XP
I finally got to 10 000 rhythmia. TOOK LONG ENOUGH. I did manage to get a perfect on a song though. (All Critical + Perfect Chain)

D

Deleted User

I finally got to 10 000 rhythmia. TOOK LONG ENOUGH. I did manage to get a perfect on a song though. (All Critical + Perfect Chain)

But did you do it with no equipped items or abilities? ;)

(Max score with anything equipped is 7,999,999pts nothing equipped grants a 2,000,000pt bonus, making the SSS score 9,999,999)

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I find all the FF games boring and repetitive and have never liked any of them. I do like the look of this though. Is it a "pick up and play" rhythm game or is previous knowledge of FF games required for certain parts?

loco365

Trophies
XP

But did you do it with no equipped items or abilities? ;)

(Max score with anything equipped is 7,999,999pts nothing equipped grants a 2,000,000pt bonus, making the SSS score 9,999,999)
I did have some stuff equipped, but I could remove it, and try the song again. It's really easy anyways.

D

Deleted User

I find all the FF games boring and repetitive and have never liked any of them. I do like the look of this though. Is it a "pick up and play" rhythm game or is previous knowledge of FF games required for certain parts?

Hey Baz, it's a rhythm game and nothing else. No previous knowledge required, or even beneficial. Obviously being a fan will make the experience itself more enjoyable, for nostalgia reasons mostly, but the game mechanics are not influenced by the franchise at all.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
but the game mechanics are not influenced by the franchise at all.
bullshit.

i have been level grinding to get all of my guys to level 99, and i have been item hunting to get a few crystal shards to unlock new people.

Which takes me back to repetitiveness as I find with FF games. This clears it up for me

D

Deleted User

bullshit.

i have been level grinding to get all of my guys to level 99, and i have been item hunting to get a few crystal shards to unlock new people.

Which takes me back to repetitiveness as I find with FF games. This clears it up for me

lol, to be clear Baz, Seaking's comment was more of a tongue-in-cheek remark.

The levels and items you get in get do not influence your score. Here's what they levels and crystals do:

Levels: While playing the game, visuals that you have no control over are playing in the background. For two of the level types (Battle Music Stages [BMS] and Field Music Stages [FMS]), your stats will come into play (again, in a way that does not affect you score in any way).

In BMS stages, as you hit notes with good timing, your characters (again, you have no control over them), will be attacking waves on monsters. The better your attack stats is, the faster they kill them. The better your HP, the more notes you can miss before failing. Agility doesn't seemt to help in this stage, but I suppose could help you dodge damage from missing notes? And lastly Luck, which increases your chance of receiving an item from killed monsters. Again, to be clear, those items do not affect your score in any way, but can have affects on the BMS/FMS stages' background happenings.​
In FMS stages, the goal is to "run" as far as you can before the song ends, hit a note and keep running, miss a note and stumble. If you have particularly high Agility, your character may run fast enough to meet a moogle and get an extra item after the stage ends. And you guessed it, you have no control over anything here. The entire premise of the game is to do well at playing the rhythm game and have fun watching your party "adventure" while you do so.​

Crystals: Crystals are very rare drops in BMS/FMS stages, but pretty common in the tougher "Dark Note" challenge levels. They unlock new party members (again, no benefit, just more visual fun, play as your favorite FF series characters, etc).

Lastly, as to "repetitiveness", The only repetition in the game comes from replaying any of the 75-ish (80+ including DLC) songs across 3 difficulty levels to try and perfect your score, but this is at the heart of all rhythm games. Rather the elusive AAA of FFR/DDR/etc, the 6-star score of the "band games", or the SSS of Theatrhythm.

Hopefully this clears a little up for you. If your a big fan of rhythm games, this is as solid a game as you'll find. As a rhythm game junkie myself, I'd rank this the 2nd most polished portable rhythm game out there, just behind the Project DIVA series.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bullshit.

levels truly do not matter, unless you want high stats that do nothing (pretty much).

for unlocking people, you will just be getting better at the game in the chaos shrine.

for repetitiveness, it honestly does not feel repetitive.

also, with items, they DO effect your score, if you have something equipped you do not get the 2m bonus at the end of the stage, if you do not have anything on you will get the 2m bonus at the end.

it honestly is a great game, i do not think it is repetitive at all.

oh, and best of all, NO RANDOM BATTLES.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grabbed this one up yesterday and not being a huge fan of music games it surprised me. It took all the stupid asinine problems of elite beat agents and made things right. With the view area not obstructed it makes it a lot easier to sketch a line, slash, or tap when needed. The varying play almost reminds me of Guitaroo Man a bit between the holding in a wavy line and then tapping out stuff as it comes in with the attack phase of that sony game. I've played most the FF games out well enough or to completion to get most of this (8, 11 and 12 ugh no.) I'm really liking it, and normal play runs at a great pace where I can S-A rank stuff (overall A's so far) and only slipped and B'd one part of one set. I'm trying to figure out hte Chaos Shrine still though, it seems kind of nasty compared to normal as it runs super fast, lots of added notes and variances in what to do when they hit the line. I barely cleared the first three ranking in per section anything from a B to a D.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean you can, i was just wondering why i dug through 4 pages and no one has bothered to post a video of what they are playing lol

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
bullshit.

lol, to be clear Baz, Seaking's comment was more of a tongue-in-cheek remark.

The levels and items you get in get do not influence your score. Here's what they levels and crystals do:

Levels: While playing the game, visuals that you have no control over are playing in the background. For two of the level types (Battle Music Stages [BMS] and Field Music Stages [FMS]), your stats will come into play (again, in a way that does not affect you score in any way).

In BMS stages, as you hit notes with good timing, your characters (again, you have no control over them), will be attacking waves on monsters. The better your attack stats is, the faster they kill them. The better your HP, the more notes you can miss before failing. Agility doesn't seemt to help in this stage, but I suppose could help you dodge damage from missing notes? And lastly Luck, which increases your chance of receiving an item from killed monsters. Again, to be clear, those items do not affect your score in any way, but can have affects on the BMS/FMS stages' background happenings.​
In FMS stages, the goal is to "run" as far as you can before the song ends, hit a note and keep running, miss a note and stumble. If you have particularly high Agility, your character may run fast enough to meet a moogle and get an extra item after the stage ends. And you guessed it, you have no control over anything here. The entire premise of the game is to do well at playing the rhythm game and have fun watching your party "adventure" while you do so.​

Crystals: Crystals are very rare drops in BMS/FMS stages, but pretty common in the tougher "Dark Note" challenge levels. They unlock new party members (again, no benefit, just more visual fun, play as your favorite FF series characters, etc).

Lastly, as to "repetitiveness", The only repetition in the game comes from replaying any of the 75-ish (80+ including DLC) songs across 3 difficulty levels to try and perfect your score, but this is at the heart of all rhythm games. Rather the elusive AAA of FFR/DDR/etc, the 6-star score of the "band games", or the SSS of Theatrhythm.

Hopefully this clears a little up for you. If your a big fan of rhythm games, this is as solid a game as you'll find. As a rhythm game junkie myself, I'd rank this the 2nd most polished portable rhythm game out there, just behind the Project DIVA series.

Thanks, it does clear things up. I do like rhythm games but I felt that there was alot of FF lingo being spoke in this and other forums which made me feel it was tied in with methods/gameplay of the usual FF games. Will probably buy this, having watched the gameplay footage and read the feedback given here I think it will be enjoyable. Cheers guys :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc