The World Ends With You: Final Remix allegedly stolen the original game's Italian fan translation

Mewster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
*sighs* no, I'm not interested in mentions nor credits. I'm happy just in seeing the translation in the game and that's all. Also, Square was not responsible for the translation, but an external company whose translators weren't even mentioned.

Last edited by Mewster,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
*sighs* no, I'm not interested in mentions nor credits. I'm happy just in seeing the translation in the game and that's all. Also, Square was not responsible for the translation, but an external company whose translators weren't even mentioned.
Alright, sorry about that. I've edited the part out.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
someone already completed the switch game to see who is credited for Italian translation?
like you said, if it's a company name, maybe square enix does not even know about it, the company could have use your patch and provide it as their own?
I wonder how they did it, it would require extracting all the strings from a patched game. translating companies are not hackers :P

Last edited by Cyan,

Mewster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
someone already completed the switch game to see who is credited for Italian translation?
like you said, if it's a company name, maybe square enix does not even know about it, the company could have use your patch and provide it as their own?
I wonder how they did it, it would require extracting all the strings from a patched game. translating companies are not hackers :P

It's credited only the (head?) of Keywords Studio.
Nah it's not required to extract the string, just play with a DS by your side

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I finished reading the OP and I already started typing my comment so I didn't see that xD

Glad to know, buying it asap
After saying that to you, I had to look game play of the exact part I was playing in that moment. Now I'm pretty sure: it's a new and original translation. I'm glad I payed for this.

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You have no idea how fucked the industry of translators is.

Some jackass probably found the fan translation on Google and decided to copy it, hoping to never get caught.

Let's not give them a pass. I want to know who was responsible for this. I want the name of the company or the individuals that were in charge of the translations.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Being a translator myself, if that happened, it's a deplorable thing to do.
But the translation company isn't at fault, probably. The outsourcer they hired probably is.

He found out about the translation, proceeded to extract the texts, and then went on inserting it to Keyword Studio's app.

But nothing will happen. SE did their job. Keyword did their job. The translator probably lost a client if Keyword knew about this, and they should.

These translators are not needed. Also, from my understanding the Italian language needs a few competent native translators.

You have my respect @Mewster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh