Gaming The Wii U Web Browser Thread.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Plex/Web has been intermittently broken for me on the Wii U. I believe there's a pending support ticket at Plex to rectify the issue. Right now I really can't recommend using Plex/Web on Wii U. Any other device works fine (e.g. Apple TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 4, etc.) I've worked with Plex/Web team in the past to bring support to the Wii U, but the Wii U Browser is very limited so any changes to Plex/Web may severely affect functionality on the Wii U.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plex/Web has been intermittently broken for me on the Wii U. I believe there's a pending support ticket at Plex to rectify the issue. Right now I really can't recommend using Plex/Web on Wii U. Any other device works fine (e.g. Apple TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 4, etc.) I've worked with Plex/Web team in the past to bring support to the Wii U, but the Wii U Browser is very limited so any changes to Plex/Web may severely affect functionality on the Wii U.

Proper limited, it doesnt even play the music on xenoblade x website which is wiiu game.
friggin shite that is,
Does anyone know if the updates have scaled back it functionality due to the rumoured exploit?

even anime sites which are html that worked in the beginning, dont work now. (wierd)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
system updates i mean, sure that some how affects the browser as u go in thge settings the browser is now loike version 4 something whereas b4 it was version 3 something.

no?

That's probably due to updating to a newer WebKit revision to patch security holes. I don't recall any updates that actually enhanced the functionality.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's very awkward that to post a comment on YouTube I have to use the D-PAD and the buttons rather than just doing it all with the touchscreen. That's kinda it for me. Oh yeah, posting comments on Facebook requires to go back to the Mobile version.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

To enter Plex you need input

http://pc_ip_number:port_number/web in the Wii U browser.

The normal way doesn't work anymore.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
No matter what User Agent I use on the Wii U I can't view the tiles of Swearnet's website which fucking sucks because everything is so well organised. God damn Nintendo can't keep their browser up to date.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
The opera talk made me think why did we not find a bug in opera which could be useful on DSi?

Was opera that good?

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll kick things off with this....Watching Twitch.tv from this thing is a bitch. I can watch the main page video but all other stream pages want to force refresh.

The User Agent List

Google Hangouts (web version)- https://talkgadget.google.com/ - Firefox
Dailymotion videos -Android Tablet
if you want to watch twitch.tv, I found that if you open the popout video on a laptop, copy the address down for the popout and use that to watch it on the wii u using android user agent. That's how I watch all my twitch streams live, but it plays them at source quality, so just know if will eat your data up quickly if you have a cap on internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: