Another Wii U stuck at logo screen

ProjectD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for starting yet another thread on this topic, but I don't want to clutter/hijack other people's conversations, and I have focus issues that make it difficult to parse conversations that have been going on for dozens of pages already. I promise, I tried.

I just picked up a Wii U from a Goodwill, and it will not fully boot. When I first tried to turn it on, it was only outputting a black screen. I pulled the CMOS battery to clear and reinstalled it, now it boots to the Wii U splash screen, and goes no further. The console will power on the tablet and vice versa, but the tablet also only reaches the splash screen and that haunting jingle loop. I can't launch any menus (other than the TV remote), can't launch into vWii, can't do anything.

I have attempted to launch both @GaryOderNichts' and @SDIO's recovery menus from a FAT32-formatted 64GB SanDisk Ultra PLUS microSD card using both a Pico and the Switch payload, no dice. Unless my timing for plugging in/launching payload is just way off, it won't load. I've tried re-downloading and reflashing UDPIH to the Pico, re-downloading udpih_nxpayload, re-downloading the recovery menu programs and reinstalling them to the card, reformatting the card again (using guiformat), adjusting my timing, nothing is working. The console boots to the Wii U splash, the LED remains blue, and I get no further. Sometimes, SOMETIMES when I try to boot into the recovery menu, the screen on my monitor will go black for several seconds, then the splash returns, and repeat this every so often at no particlarly regular interval. The rest of the time, just consistent Wii U splash. As such, no logs, no information. I have no clue how long the system has been dormant, no idea what version system software is on it, no idea if it was ever modded in the past. I'm flyng blind, here. I'm also open to the possibility that this thing is just too dead to save, but I'd like to exhaust all avenues possible before calling TOD.

I know my way around a soldering iron and a multimeter, I've modded multiple consoles over the years, but make no assumptions and treat me like I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, because I'm pretty certain I don't.

ProjectD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the Firmware is just to old for UDPIH. In that case your only option at the moment would be to defuse:

You made sure to not have any other USB device connected to the Wii U and you used the fron USB for UDPIH?
Without the SD in the Wii U should turn of if UDPIH was successful
Correct, only the one device plugged into the front. I did forget to put the SD card back in at one point, and it failed to shutdown when I tried UDPIH, which made me question whether I'm plugging in at the wrong time, but I've tried to follow several different videos explaining the process, so I *think* I'm timing it right. I'll hafta look into defuse when I'm not so tired, it might as well be Greek to me right now.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try a little earlier just before it turns on the display or a little later, when it is already stuck on that screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?