• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just curios, along with a lot of others i'm sure, to see who has taken the risk of installing the hacked virtual console games.

Just a simple poll

Thanks for your input.

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did, and for my sake I put the wii connect 24 off. Anyway i don't think that nintendo will do something such as bricking your console.

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is no big risk. Just uninstall the vc games if you connect to the wii shop, that's all. Nintendo can't see what was on your hdd.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
I think i will, but first i'll wait a week or so to see if there's some serious consequence or not. Speaking of risks, what known risks are there actually? Haven't read all the topics about it but i heard that putting hacked vc games leaves a ticket or something which nintendo can trace or something? But only if you go online on wii shop, or is it the same if i go in on the internet browser or weather channel etc.?

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude when they make a update to patch these things, we will get that reported and we will remove all wad with wad installer I have no worries at all

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the beginning Wii Modchips like Wiikey and Wiinja were also full of risk. Nintendo already could have done a lot of things to stop them, yet they haven't. The same thing with these virtual console things. They are way less worth than those Wii Games everybody is downloading. So I think nintendo will stop the pirating of wii games first instead of these VC games.

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
laurenz said:
In the beginning Wii Modchips like Wiikey and Wiinja were also full of risk. Nintendo already could have done a lot of things to stop them, yet they haven't. The same thing with these virtual console things. They are way less worth than those Wii Games everybody is downloading. So I think nintendo will stop the pirating of wii games first instead of these VC games.

Thats true, although because of the wii Points system it may be eaiser for nintendo to track users of these hacked games, and therfore it may be easier for them to just ban these wii's hoping to send a msg to piraters.

I don't know yet, i think its still a bit to early.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sotoro said:
There is no big risk. Just uninstall the vc games if you connect to the wii shop, that's all. Nintendo can't see what was on your hdd.
How'd you know it's entirely gone after deleting it?

I'm fine with emulator discs at the moment...gonna download Majora's Mask the very instant it gets released, though
nyanya.gif

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vater Unser said:
Sotoro said:
How'd you know it's entirely gone after deleting it?

I'm fine with emulator discs at the moment...gonna download Majora's Mask the very instant it gets released, though
nyanya.gif

when you delete it with the wad unistaller, it deletes it completly along with the ticket, so all traces are removes from the wii.

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sotoro said:
And I'm sure that Nintendo can't actually see what is on your Wii.

Since no transaction details are transferred to Nintendo when installing a *.wad, there should be no risk at all, even if your Wii goes online.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I chose to not go online anymore. I don't see why I need to. There's no wii game I want to play online anyway. So I just don't go online. 100% worries. What do I miss? Nothing! And if that is the only sacrifice for playing pirated games safely, well so be it.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
No point for me, I prefer portable SNES etc. on DS and there are better versions of the VC N64 games out, eg 1080 and mario kart

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no risk.

Sotoro said:

The wii hasn't got a hdd. And you don't need to uinstall them, i connected to the wii shop with a few hacked vc games installed.

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Taken the "risk"
If you just turn off wiiconnect24 then nothing can happen.
Nintendo cant access you're wii if you have it disabled because that would be a breach of you're privacy and thus making the attained "evidence" not usable in a court of law.

It's all about the technicalities what we call the law
wink.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NL_Patrick_D said:
Taken the "risk"
Nintendo cant access you're wii if you have it disabled because that would be a breach of you're privacy and thus making the attained "evidence" not usable in a court of law.

wink.gif

Wtf? Nintendo are not going to take someone to court over a hacked vc game being installed.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NL_Patrick_D said:
Taken the "risk"

wink.gif

Laws are different, in different countries ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?