Homebrew Misc Nintendont Japanese saves in Bios

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I'm using Nintendont for a while now and I realized something yesterday.

When I launch a Japanese game (Battle Stadium DON), the NTSC-J BIOS doesn't see the card properly it thinks the card need to be formatted. I tried to see what happened if I format and now it's the game who doesn't recognize the card and ask me to reformat it.

This problem doesn't exist on Dolphin at all, At first I thought my Japanese IPL was wrong and creates USA saves but as USA and JP real IPL are the same I think the problem doesn't come from here. Furthermore my game has not been modified to change its region.

So I just would like to know if it was normal that, on Nintendont, the jpn IPL had not the same save format than jpn games.

I'm playing on an European Wii and use 59 blocks virtual memory card if it does matter.

Thanks for reading me, waiting for an answers.

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apparently someone noticed the same problem in 2020 and the last reply doesn't say much: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/776

I didn't notice this (using shared virtual memory cards on a rather old version since I now have a real GC) though...
Thanks for the link.
The thing I don't understand is, they say Nintendont use the native GameCube save system they talk about save from an European device.
In my case, the game create a save and this save works after that, I can load, overwrite the save in game. It's just that the BIOS doesn't recognize the memory card. So I thought it's a BIOS problem about console region ? But even like that the BIOS is displayed in Japanese so it's the good BIOS.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.😉

I am pretty sure Nintendont can´t use a single Memory Card for NTSC/PAL AND Japanese Saves (as on the real GameCube Hardware).

Please try to set "Multi" in the Memory Card Settings in Nintendont Options.
It creates a single Memory Card called ninmem.raw.
Japanese games will have their own File ninmemj.raw to prevent Corruption and Formating Message.

Thank you and Good Luck.😉

Reactions: raxadian

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.😉

I am pretty sure Nintendont can´t use a single Memory Card for NTSC/PAL AND Japanese Saves (as on the real GameCube Hardware).

Please try to set "Multi" in the Memory Card Settings in Nintendont Options.
It creates a single Memory Card called ninmem.raw.
Japanese games will have their own File ninmemj.raw to prevent Corruption and Formating Message.

Thank you and Good Luck.😉
I didn't mention it but I'm using "per game memory card" of the minimal 59 blocks size not multi. So I don't have Japanese and Pal or Us saves which coexist in a same card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty