Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What no one has mentioned is that Nintendo probably makes more off the VC games than the Wii games. The VC games have already been paid for in the past, aside from the rights they probably had to buy for the other console games to do this. There's no packaging, distribution, etc. Very little overhead aside from the guy who codes them to work on the wii and the internet connection.

While i love old games, I haven't purchased any as I already have all these games (in cart or rom) that run fine on every other system. I haven't installed any either. Being able to do it is one thing, actually doing it is another. I find it redundant and a few generations too late as well as not the best system for it. Although I commend them for finally giving in and trying this..too bad they look at it as a cash cow.

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thebobevil said:
Laws are different, in different countries ...

True
wink.gif

But seeing as the law system in my country is like I stated ... I have no worries.

As for Nintendo makeing money of it ... yeah ... they do but still.
The wii is now becoming the ALL IN ONE - Nintendo console (if you count in homebrew that is)
and well to be honest thats my main reason for having a wii ... it's the console on which I can play almost everything form nintendo (NES, SNES , GB , GBC , GBA , N64 (ok not fully buy meh
tongue.gif
) , NGC , WII) only thing currently missing is a NDS emu being ported ... but that will come in the future.

all in all not a bad buy ... and after the initial purchase ... the costs are 0.

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine pirated VC is very high on the risk scale. Hell, wasn't there like hundreds of people going online with Brawl and Mario Kart before the game was even released? All Nintendo did is turn off the servers. If they do anything, my guess is they'll somehow figure out a way to identify pirated tickets and block the re-download of a pirated game from their servers. They may also ban you from the Wii Shop channel or something.... no big loss there IMO. But to be honest, I'd be a little surprised if they even did that much.

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm waiting to see what IOS37 holds because if what is said is corect Trucha will be blocked, which means all these hacked VC games will stop working making it pointless. Once it's confirmed that the Snes channel & VC games etc aren't effected then i'll take some notice, until then, i'm out!

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nintendough said:
My friend put an injected game onto my system for me. Does this mean I've taken the 'risk' or not?

Yes and no.
You're atcually using a hacked (just read injected) rom which uses an emulator of a downloaded vc title.
I would say no because you haven't installed a buyable vc title but morally yes.

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NL_Patrick_D said:
nintendough said:
My friend put an injected game onto my system for me. Does this mean I've taken the 'risk' or not?

Yes and no.
You're atcually using a hacked (just read injected) rom which uses an emulator of a downloaded vc title.
I would say no because you haven't installed a buyable vc title but morally yes.

Morally I'd say I'm fine. I own CT on the SNES and on the PS1 (both legal copies). If Square-Enix was kind enough to release it in any form I'd buy it without blinking
smile.gif

I was just worried about the fact that the save shows up as DKC2 and people are saying that Nintendo cares. I don't want to steal/risk anything Nintendo is selling but my friend told me this game is in a DKC2 Shell...whatever that means....

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then morally you're fine.

As stated you are using dkc2's "emu"
Looking at it from a more lawyer kind side now.
So that is a part of a commercially wad , which you downloaded and installed without paying
wink.gif

only if you downloaded the dkc2 game form nintendo whould you be in the clear.

But meh ... Nintendo wont taken any drastich actions any time soon.

wii2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My trainer injected some unknown substances that he refers to as vitamins to help my Wii to last longer. I don't think big N have any issues with vitamins. I suppose my Wii is taking a huge risk... It might shrink or something.

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wii2wii said:
My trainer injected some unknown substances that he refers to as vitamins to help my Wii to last longer. I don't think big N have any issues with vitamins. I suppose my Wii is taking a huge risk... It might shrink or something.

Whehe Wii on steroids
wink.gif

Timmyhawky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use hacked games on my Wii.
I'm not scared, if I read about some new protection killing Wiis/warning cops I get my Wii resetted.

Well it's not illegal since I use games I originally own on the N64k
happy.gif

BioHazardN00B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
Well, I chose to not go online anymore. I don't see why I need to. There's no wii game I want to play online anyway. So I just don't go online. 100% worries. What do I miss? Nothing! And if that is the only sacrifice for playing pirated games safely, well so be it.
I Agree completely, Well put berlinka.
I hope there arent any future problems with these though, like forced updates.

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik there is zero danger and there will continue to be zero danger in using hacked VC games. People are really paranoid about such things. Nintendo will NEVER brick your wii nor will they sue you over pirated vc games. It's bad business sense to punish your own customers even if they did something wrong. (Why m$ and sony did this is beyond me... maybe they don't want to make money). Now what they WILL do is shut down sites and individuals that are distributing said roms. But the end user... nah your in no danger.... the worst they are gonna do is disable all your hacked roms.

Now a wii getting inadvertantly bricked due to a bad file, that's another story, but it isn't a copyright issue, it's a software bug.

Refraining from going online for the shop channel is one thing, but refusing to go online period is just plain silly. Guitar hero isn't programmed to look at VC data, nor is mario kart.... neither is the weather channel, the internet channel, ect.... Also note that due to international laws (which are similar in EVERY region that the wii is sold in) nintendo can't use a service like 24connect to disable roms either as they aren't allowed to update your wii without permission. (This is why there isn't an auto-update feature on the wii.) Now they might have a update you can install that'll disable them and make it a manditory install to run the latest game, but you'd still have to actually say "yes" to install the update, which gives you the opportunity to run a wad uninstaller prior to the update and thus, no risk.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Freak.
Lol, I read that like 4 years ago, I can't believe they haven't updated it yet... Boring read tho, I don't recommend it since who gives a shit anyway? We're breaking the law and we know it, the people that say crap like that are just trying to feel less guilty, rather than accepting that they are criminals.

P.S. For all that care I have all the n64 vc games on my wii or sd card since I don't have enough free blocks
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.