The Value of Gamecube Games/discs today.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I dont understand the obsession for collectors to buy games brand new and sealed. Its probably an OCD obsession or not wanting to touch a used copy that is "tainted" by a previous owners hands.

As long as I get games with its case and manual I'm ok with it, I only buy used if its no longer sold new.
As long as the disc is scratchless, has manual, and the box is in decent condition, I'm perfectly fine! :grog:

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found some on GameStop without the case, manual, or anything. (Just the disc.) It ships online usually. But in the rare case they may have it in the store it MIGHT include the case.

The discs themselves actually are a lot cheaper then the ones on EBay so I doubt these are one of those "Retro Gaming Scams" stated on YouTube, and they are Pre Owned. NOT BEING SOLD AS NEW/REFURBISHED.

They have the greatest prices I have seen so far. Plus even if they don't have the case you can buy an extra case for like $9.00 USD, or something like that, or a disc case holder made for GC Games for $24.99 ish on Amazon, or EBay.

The thing is that GameStop has had days where they have sometimes "scammed" users not in a good way. But still in a legitmate manner, they will try and help you but not provide you with good support.

Should I buy from them?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you answer why you prefer to pay for these games which aren't produced anymore?

It could save you your time and money as well as disappointment to just play off Dolphin. Plus if I was going to buy a game and not get it with its case and manual I'd much rather just pirate it.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you answer why you prefer to pay for these games which aren't produced anymore?

It could save you your time and money as well as disappointment to just play off Dolphin. Plus if I was going to buy a game and not get it with its case and manual I'd much rather just pirate it.
He wants his friends to see them cluttering his bookshelf.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awhile back I had a time where I played these games as a kid, and never really fully got to excipernce them back around 2005 - 2008. Just like PS1. I wouldn't judge someone for playing PS1 Games just becuase they liked them, or becuase they wanted to excipernce them. Just like some other people who use older consoles.

My Wii is modded so I don't need any extra exponent cables, and such so I can just a Wii controller with a Nunchuck just to play it.

I had my fair share of piracy. It's not fun, and illegal. I'm not going that route.

And dolphin referring to playing on Dolphin Emulator? Really lost here tbh. Either that or I am missing something here with GameStop.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awhile back I had a time where I played these games as a kid, and never really fully got to excipernce them back around 2005 - 2008. Just like PS1. I wouldn't judge someone for playing PS1 Games just becuase they liked them, or becuase they wanted to excipernce them. Just like some other people who use older consoles.

My Wii is modded so I don't need any extra exponent cables, and such so I can just a Wii controller with a Nunchuck just to play it.

I had my fair share of piracy. It's not fun, and illegal. I'm not going that route.

And dolphin referring to playing on Dolphin Emulator? Really lost here tbh. Either that or I am missing something here with GameStop.
You are misunderstanding on a few thing here.

1. Emulation is not illegal.

2. If you choose to play Gamecube games on a Wii, you have the choice to use component cables to enhance the visuals and the cables can be found for less than $10.

People dont normally find enjoyment in the act of piracy itself, its another way to acquire goods (albeit illegally) depending on that individuals financial situation or simply refuses to pay for anything. I wont look down on you regardless if you pirated or not.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin allows you to play gamecube and wii games with better graphics, texture packs, and higher resolution.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are misunderstanding on a few thing here.

1. Emulation is not illegal.

2. If you choose to play Gamecube games on a Wii, you have the choice to use component cables to enhance the visuals and the cables can be found for less than $10.

People dont normally find enjoyment in the act of piracy itself, its another way to acquire goods (albeit illegally) depending on that individuals financial situation or simply refuses to pay for anything. I wont look down on you regardless if you pirated or not.
Well it seems you kind of attacked me with your previous post saying "Can you explain to me..." But I won't judge that's just my social anxiety making me think differently. Anyways

I already knew Emulation was not illegal I'm not sure where in my post you thought I said it was illegal...

I put Nintendont on my Wii so I can play games on a TV to enjoy it with everyone. I have younger sisters around so if they would like to play a game without having them get all technical I don't really mind.

Also I found a flame war on page 2... Which kind of scares me since this is just related to a simple discussion on prices/values, etc.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems you kind of attacked me with your previous post saying "Can you explain to me..." But I won't judge that's just my social anxiety making me think differently. Anyways

I already knew Emulation was not illegal I'm not sure where in my post you thought I said it was illegal...

I put Nintendont on my Wii so I can play games on a TV to enjoy it with everyone. I have younger sisters around so if they would like to play a game without having them get all technical I don't really mind.

Also I found a flame war on page 2... Which kind of scares me since this is just related to a simple discussion on prices/values, etc.
I believe you are getting oversensitive for no reason at all. I asked a question and nothing more, if you want to feel like you are being attacked thats a personal problem but there was no ill intent on asking a simple and straightforward question.

I didnt think you said anything about emulation being illegal but you pointed your views on being against piracy (which is illegal) and wanted to respectfully remind you that emulation itself is not illegal.

It does not take a computer science expert to enjoy the benefits of component video output on your Wii, just plug in, adjust the resolution in settings and enjoy.

A flame war caused by someone who cant mind their own business with responses not pertaining towards them. People cant help not being the center of attention unfortunately.

With all that said I hope you can take any information from this topic and find it useful.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you are getting oversensitive for no reason at all. I asked a question and nothing more, if you want to feel like you are being attacked thats a personal problem but there was no ill intent on asking a simple and straightforward question.

I didnt think you said anything about emulation being illegal but you pointed your views on being against piracy (which is illegal) and wanted to respectfully remind you that emulation itself is not illegal.

It does not take a computer science expert to enjoy the benefits of component video output on your Wii, just plug in, adjust the resolution in settings and enjoy.

A flame war caused by someone who cant mind their own business with responses not pertaining towards them. People cant help not being the center of attention unfortunately.

With all that said I hope you can take any information from this topic and find it useful.
Sorry for my rude post... That's my fault.
I tried to say I was against piracy meaning I was against using a piracy method (My fault again.)

And yeah I found most of the information on here useful. Gave me some time to understand, and find out the best method for playing oldies :P. Thanks guys <3.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are unsure about the quality of a game feel free to youtube the game and see if that is something you can see yourself interested in playing.

I applaud you for going legit but dont take a gamble on buying a game you may end up not liking.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are unsure about the quality of a game feel free to youtube the game and see if that is something you can see yourself interested in playing.

I applaud you for going legit but dont take a gamble on buying a game you may end up not liking.
Don't worry. I already have a list of what I already like, and don't like games like Windwaker for ex but instead on Wii U its on on GC.
So far its a decent list of games I played when at the time the Wii was not made yet.

I will keep in mind YT though. Only problem is the spoilers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?