Hacking I need some help, gamecube games keep crashing randomly on usb loader gx and nintendont

Thediamondsauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having this issue for a while and I'm not sure of how to fix it? So far its happening when I play Chibi Robo and Rayman 3 hoodlum havoc. It took about 15 or more tries to get Rayman to work properly on my wii because it would either crash after a few seconds of starting, crash before I could get past the tutorial, or randomly do it which felt like it was out of spite. The only different issue I had with Chibi Robo is it would crash when loading a random area within the house, it didn't do it when I played it for the first few hours but became a more random yet occasional issue when playing the game. The whole random crashing problem only effects gamecube games and has sort of made me avoid trying to play any of the gamecube games I never got to play as a kid. If anyone knows a way to fix this issue please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post a syscheck here.
Make sure you're using the latest Nintendont version.
Are you loading GC games from an SD card or usb/ext hdd?
There's also a possibility that your isos are corrupt, re-rip your GC discs (/or re-download these games again, from a different source preferably) and try again.

Thediamondsauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using a 1 tb hdd. I'm pretty sure when I modded my wii I used the most latest nintendont but it could be possible the isos are corrupt. If I redownload the games will I lose what progress I did make?

Thediamondsauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game progress? No, as it's not stored on the isos, for MC emulation it'll be on the "saves" folder on the root of your hdd, if you're using a GC MC then they'll be there.
I wanted to make a reply and say downloading and doing a syscheck somehow fixed my problem because I haven't had any crashes since then, but if I do I'll redownload my isos and come back if I have more problems

Client444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Wiiflow
Not the most helpful reply. I don't personally know about common bugs with USB Loader GX, but I do also prefer WiiFlow myself. It has proven more reliably in my personal experience, and iirc will use the same saves. If you try WiiFlow and have the same issues, at the very least you'll be able to tell that it's hardware somewhere along the line.

Also, if you can afford it, try debugging using a SD card to load games. It could be a cable issue or an issue with the HDD itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol