The ultimate Xbox One dev guide

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Tutorials' started by tunip3, May 6, 2017.

1. tunip3
    OP

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom

2. tunip3
    OP

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    i
    i updated the guide

3. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    is anyone willing to make me a video tutorial on dev mode installation getting it set up and installing nesbox for example i cant do it myself and people are requesting a video

tunip3 likes this.
  4. tunip3
    OP

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I do not think u can stream the xbone in devmode so I think I would need a capture card

5. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Yes, it's possible to stream through Devmode. You just need to have Win10 and the xbox app.

6. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    you dont have to if you cant im just asking if anyone can

7. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I don't know if its been discussed before but I figured out if you press "select" (or whatever that button's called for Xbox One pad) you can manage and change the Dev storage amount from 5GB to a higher amount. :) It's not that helpful atm, but in time when more Emulators and Apps get developed for the Dev Mode it may come in handy to be able to increase the storage if needed. :)

WARNING.... If you decide to increase you DEV storage space you HAVE to delete all your apps!!.... WARNING

Last edited by ploggy, Jul 9, 2017
    kingtut and wiired24 like this.
  8. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Would that help with the ps1 core in retrix?

9. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I don't think so this is just for adding for extra HDD space so you can have more apps installed.

10. Jtinzimpailer

Jtinzimpailer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    United States
    Hey @tunip3 any slots left buddy?

11. goomagoogoo

goomagoogoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2017
    United States
    Hoping someone can help me with my emulation issues.

Currently using Retrix (may switch to WinPSX or whatever it's called) but that's irrelevant. I sideloaded the app following the proper directions. However I'm having an issue:

I have the .bin and .cue for FF8 on a flash drive. When I go to play it, it only shows up with the .cue, and says "there are multiple games in this folder, please select the game you wish to run" (or something to that effect). Then when I click the FF8 folder, it loads to a black screen with a reset symbol (swirly arrow), and pause symbol, and another symbol. Then it just sits at a black screen until I close Retrix.

Is this an issue with Retrix? I've heard Retrix had some issues with PSX. Or is this possibly something with the file itself.

12. wiired24

wiired24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    It's an issue with the core that RetriX uses for PS1 Emulation "BeetlePSX" as it lacks Dynamic Recompilation. Alot of PS1 games either run slow on Xbox One or do not run at all period. WinPSe is faster but save and load states are extremely buggy and unreliable so if you want to play Final Fantasy you're out of luck. There is currently a bounty for Dynarec to make it's way to BeetlePSX which will improve the performance of the PS1 Core on RetriX by alot. https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/214

Sadly, It may be a bit of time before the Xbox One scene sees a perfectly working and functional PS1 Emulator.

EDIT: I have started a fork of RetriX to add proper PS1 support for Xbox One through PCSX1-libretro You can check it out here
    https://github.com/wiired24/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24, Aug 19, 2017
  13. Danya1996

Danya1996 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2017
    United States
    Hello all,

I am new here. I appreciate this community very much so. Learned a lot. I have a question regarding WinPSE10 (or whatever it is called):
    Do anybody know how to map the controls? I know there they are mapped by default but some games I cannot play comfortably because there's no circle button mapped. (Or rather, it should be the B button on the Xbox one controller but that is mapped to bring the menu up. Any help or ways to solve this?

Thanks

14. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    unfortunately we are not the devs of that emulator and theres no way to fix that problem because the """"""""""""""""""""devs""""""""""""""" wont give us the source code to fix it even tho its open source there being dick heads about it and are selling it even tho they stole the source code to begin with the devs are xb1emu.net and they are not updating any emulators they made and are stealing money from people for there emulators

15. Danya1996

Danya1996 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2017
    United States
    Aww that makes sense. I feel sorry for those that are paying. Emulators are never to be paid. Didn't know they got down like that. Make since why they're not active. Thank you.

16. wiired24

wiired24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Yeah like @dominater01 pointed out the source code for WinPSe is actually released under a Free Software License (GPLv2) as PCSX-R. Problem is the guys at Xb1emu took the source code and never released the changes they made to it and sold it which is a big legal No No. Your best bet man is keeping tabs with RetriX. Dynarec looks to be coming soon to BeetlePSX and as soon as it's implemented upstream, RetriX will have PS1 support,