The ultimate Xbox One dev guide

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Tutorials' started by tunip3, May 6, 2017.

1. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    As far as I am aware, Ubuntu is open source. So why wouldn't we port it ourselves. Is it just a matter of time? or are we waiting for something

2. wiired24

wiired24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    It doesnt work like that. It's far more compilcated my good sir.

Ubuntu isn't just a singe entity that you port. Linux is just a Kernel. Ubuntu is the Linux kernel but with alot of crap added on top of it. Just like any other disto. Thousands upon thousands of userland utilities and programs etc.

Microsoft has already done alot of the hard work by getting Ubuntu-Bash to run on Windows through the WSL. Now it's just a matter of taking that capability and extending it to Xbox One.

Last edited by wiired24, May 14, 2017
    kingtut likes this.
  3. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Oh I see, Yeah I didn't mean to simplify the situation. So who do you expect to extend it to xbox one, someone like us, or does it have to be someone from microsoft's side?

wiired24 likes this.
  4. wiired24

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    It's fine. I'm gonna have to look into it more honestly. Can't give an exact answer yet.

5. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Oh I see, well at this point I can wait. There is already a lot on the horizon for the xbox one scene

wiired24 likes this.
  6. wiired24

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    More coming soon :)

DrakeLyon likes this.
  7. Paccc

Paccc Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2016
    So I activated dev mode, now my games can't be seen...
    Is this the experience? OK I can boot in and out of dev mode, but should you have to?

There was a "Real Home" setting but it changed nothing, does it need a restart to stick?

8. wiired24

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Just go to the option on the home page that says "leave developer mode" and then when prompted deselect the box that says "delete sideloaded apps and games" you will restart into Retail Mode and you will be able to access all of your Games again

9. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    dominater01 likes this.
  10. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
  11. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
  12. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    when posting videos here you gotta hit the media icon above (looks like film rolls) then paste the link there and embed

its downloading now

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

got it to work on my xbox one but what do i do to get it working for games?

theres no cursor so i cant choose anything

Last edited by dominater01, May 19, 2017
  13. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Here is proof video:

I may have another emulator ported really soon

I actually never player commodore 64 games before, But I know that all you need is enter commands using the dpad on xbox one. I need to research the types of commands and I will update you right away. Apparently it has some integrated games. If you want, you can look up those commands as well and mess around with the emulator.

Oh shit, I got it working by clicking on the icon that says games on top. and then selecting a game. but I need to find a way to get the xbox one cursor to appear. I need to ask wiired24, he did it with ppsspp.

I am incredibly sorry, I should have tested it further, I got so excited that I got it working that I forgot to check how the commodore emulators work. I am so embarrassed, hopefully someone more experienced can help with this

14. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    well at least you got it to run on the xbox one not many people can do that much

15. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    no worries though, I will just port an emulator with native controller support

16. tunip3
    OP

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    How did you port it over

17. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    I followed your tutorial using fiddler and ported it over, wiired24 is going take a look at it and see if he can fix the last problem.

Last edited by kingtut, May 19, 2017
  18. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    Do the PSX and N64 homebrew have active developers behind them? would love for them to get at a better state so its perfectly playable with audio.

How is the snes emulation?

19. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Wiired24 is working on ps1 emulator. All the other emulators will come later.

snes emulation is awesome. just use nesbox, it has snes support. gbatemp has a tutorial for it here.

20. wiired24

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    N64 is done. Just use win64e10. I currently have no plans to work on N64. I don't know where or how that rumor got started. The Emulator Is not perfect but then again not alot of N64 Emulators are. The N64 is a more difficult system to emulate. Both Super Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarnia of Time work pretty well from my own testing.

PSX is being worked on by me and a few others. Currently we're working with the dev behind PSXACT to get our backend finished. The Implementation for the CDROM HLE is being targeted currently. We already have our front-end pretty much done. You can keep tabs on progress here https://github.com/wiired24/psx-box

As far as SNES goes yes absouletly. Just download the client here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus and select Nesbox. Nesbox is awesome because it's 6 Emulators in one.
    It includes NES,SNES,GENESIS,GB,GBC,GBA. As far as I know the emulation is near flawless with SNES

Last edited by wiired24, May 22, 2017
    kingtut likes this.