Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Just wondered though, is that working on a 11.0 luma sysnand without 9.2 rednand setup? Not seen any mention of their new a9lh payload/launcher.dat booting on a 11.0?

yes :)

edit: to not give a lazy reply, i am now using it with my updated sysNAND ,if you use updated sysNAND (Luma) then you will be fine.

make sure you use the screeninit a9lh though,otherwise GW will not boot.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Reactions: retrofan_k

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really sure what I'm doing wrong.
Using these payloads

Or I could put them up, I guess. These were already built on my machine and most likely what I was using before switching to the 3- stage_2 install. I honestly could not tell you if the GW a9lh requires the Stage1 from here or not to work. It's possible :unsure:. This won't brick you for trying. Worst case, You'll have to use the files from here.

And the BootCTR9 from here

Here's a copy of my BootCTR9 configuration if anyone would like to try it.

It runs Luma by default, Gateway on B, ReiNAND on X, Cakes on Y, Decrypt9 on up, Godmode9 on down, EmuNAND9 on left, and CBM9 on right for loading everything else (has "Apps" and "CFWs" pseudo folders to keep things from getting congested).

I've included no init payload files (Safe A9lh Installer is in the "Apps" menu on my CBM9).

I've also included an alternate "boot_config_gw.ini" file that has Gateway for default and Luma on A (just rename "boot_config.ini" to something like "boot_config_cfw.ini" and rename "boot_config_gw.ini" to "boot_config.ini".

Backup your card's current "a9lh" folder and "arm9loaderhax.bin" files before trying mine of course. This is just how I do it. It may not be what's right for everyone. All of the configuration files are in plain text, so feel free to modify it to your tastes. Have fun.

EDIT: Changed the Safe A9LH Installer payloads back to screen init, no init was messing up CBM9 for some reason.

EDIT 2: Just realized I forgot the CBM9 configuration files. Fixed. Should be complete now.

EDIT 3: Decided to put Safe A9LH Installer on START now.

Still getting a black screen on n3ds. Anybody know what I could be doing wrong?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
yes :)

edit: to not give a lazy reply, i am now using it with my updated sysNAND ,if you use updated sysNAND (Luma) then you will be fine.

make sure you use the screeninit a9lh though,otherwise GW will not boot.

I see, as I don't fancy making a emunand partition just to use GW, as I'm currently happy with just using a updated luma sysnand on 11.0 and running everything from there.

The default a9lh that you use after following p's guide has screeninit already doesn't it?

Also, are you using their 4.0b launcher.dat or their last version? I'm a bit wary of using their 4.0b for the known reasons.

Thanks

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I see, as I don't fancy making a emunand partition just to use GW, as I'm currently happy with just using a updated luma sysnand on 11.0 and running everything from there.

The default a9lh that you use after following p's guide has screeninit already doesn't it?

Also, are you using their 4.0b launcher.dat or their last version? I'm a bit wary of using their 4.0b for the known reasons.

Thanks

yeah the default one should be the screeninit one, and no i dont use their latest launcher dat, i think the one i have in my mSD is the version 3.7.1

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Update:

For anyone else who wishes to try this, I just tried this now using GW's latest a9lh.bin on a updated 11.0 Luma sysnand (no rednand on SD). Renamed the file to "down_GW.bin" and copied it to the "luma/payloads" folder and also put the 3.7.1 beta "Launcher.dat" on the root (don't fancy trying their 4.0b) for known reasons lol:P

Works fine so far, yet noticeable minor issues was some screen tearing when moving through the GW option menu screen and I had two hangs when exiting to the "home screen" mid-game.

Note: Anyone know why renaming the payload to "a_gw.bin" didn't work? Pressing A would just boot to the main menu (non GW mode)

Tbh, I don't see why current GW owners would want to use their Time Machine A9LH method, since this method is way better by just using the current A9LH guide.

@leonmagnus99 Thanks for the confirmation on this earlier.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Reactions: KingpinSlim
K

KingpinSlim

Damm, didn't see that. I'm blaming my 12 hour shift at work:)

Off-topic: I work 12 hours, too! Only Night-shift tho. Know how you feel.

On-topic: I am still a bit wary about this whole situation. I really don't enjoy being someone else's guinnea-pig. I am going to wait until this all settles a bit and we can do a fair comparison of all available options. Until then Emunand serves me just fine.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Off-topic: I work 12 hours, too! Only Night-shift tho. Know how you feel.

On-topic: I am still a bit wary about this whole situation. I really don't enjoy being someone else's guinnea-pig. I am going to wait until this all settles a bit and we can do a fair comparison of all available options. Until then Emunand serves me just fine.

Yeah, it takes it's toll on you sometimes.

I have my GW up for sale at the moment, since I only just did my a9lh install last week and was willing to give up 3ds rom drag n drop and cheat support, yet seeing the recent developments, i was curious to try this.

As a result, it's kinda got me wanting to keep the GW card, since having best of both worlds is quite good . If emunand serves you well, stay as you are but if you decide to try this, it seems okay so far.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because you also need to hold the L button in addition to the A button.
Info: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

The A button alone is probably reserved for something else.
A is used to override the last "state" Luma has been in, AFAIK. For example, if you're booting into emunand with the L button and enter the settings menu of the 3ds, exiting the menu will bring you back to emunand by default, pressing A will boot to your regular state instead.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you choose "A" for a payload, you must press L+A at boot to launch it ;) same for "B" ;)
Not if you make your own stage1 and use @liomajor 's multi stage2 files with his modified installer ;). If I hold A, I boot GW directly. If I hold down, I boot GW via bootanim9->luma->GW. Basically, I can directly boot GW with or without a custom boot animation, depending on my mood :P

Last edited by urherenow,

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
Update:

For anyone else who wishes to try this, I just tried this now using GW's latest a9lh.bin on a updated 11.0 Luma sysnand (no rednand on SD). Renamed the file to "down_GW.bin" and copied it to the "luma/payloads" folder and also put the 3.7.1 beta "Launcher.dat" on the root (don't fancy trying their 4.0b) for known reasons lol:P

Works fine so far, yet noticeable minor issues was some screen tearing when moving through the GW option menu screen and I had two hangs when exiting to the "home screen" mid-game.

Note: Anyone know why renaming the payload to "a_gw.bin" didn't work? Pressing A would just boot to the main menu (non GW mode)

Tbh, I don't see why current GW owners would want to use their Time Machine A9LH method, since this method is way better by just using the current A9LH guide.

@leonmagnus99 Thanks for the confirmation on this earlier.
Just tried this, holding B boots the Gateway dragon thing and then just leaves me on a black screen. Nothing I've been trying works :(

K

KingpinSlim

Yeah, it takes it's toll on you sometimes.

I have my GW up for sale at the moment, since I only just did my a9lh install last week and was willing to give up 3ds rom drag n drop and cheat support, yet seeing the recent developments, i was curious to try this.

As a result, it's kinda got me wanting to keep the GW card, since having best of both worlds is quite good . If emunand serves you well, stay as you are but if you decide to try this, it seems okay so far.

I think i am just going to be patient for now. As of this moment it doesn't really offer me anything that i would trade the safety of an Emunand for.
I personally think the tool "CIAngel" is far more revolutionary than the whole A9lhx.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this, holding B boots the Gateway dragon thing and then just leaves me on a black screen. Nothing I've been trying works :(
Try holding L when you see the Gateway Dragon, if this works, then you didn't properly remove your emuNAND, and it's still trying to boot into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!