Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool thanks! can i use the current safea9lhinstaller i have ? or should i use his mod one?

and am i to flash the stage2_2, stage2_3 as well? or do i not need that?

i only want to load gw payload with a button press on boot.

i only need the payload_stage1.bin / payload_stage2.bin inside the a9lh folder on root yes? nothing more i assume (to flash the screeninit a9lh)
I don't want to tell you the wrong thing, and I know the mod is required for the multi-stage_2 install, so I'll just say it's best to use the mod there and all of the payloads. This is in addition to the required firm1,firm0,secret sector, and OTP. Otherwise, Aurora Wright and a few others have screen init also, and the current arm9loaderhax.bin from GW has no trouble chainloading through Luma (so you could place it in \luma\payloads\A_GW.bin to launch it by holding A, if you wanted (for example).

http://gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller.419577/

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I don't want to tell you the wrong thing, and I know the mod is required for the multi-stage_2 install, so I'll just say it's best to use the mod there and all of the payloads. This is in addition to the required firm1,firm0,secret sector, and OTP. Otherwise, Aurora Wright and a few others have screen init also, and the current arm9loaderhax.bin from GW has no trouble chainloading through Luma (so you could place it in \luma\payloads\A_GW.bin to launch it by holding A, if you wanted (for example).

http://gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller.419577/

already downloaded from there, it contains only the arm9loaderhax and the safea9lhinstaller dat/3dsx ,no payload stage bins :/

so i can use the payload stage1 and stage 2 from the ones inside the rar of liomajor with my current safea9lhinstaller and all is good?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright thanks
Or I could put them up, I guess. These were already built on my machine and most likely what I was using before switching to the 3- stage_2 install. I honestly could not tell you if the GW a9lh requires the Stage1 from here or not to work. It's possible :unsure:. This won't brick you for trying. Worst case, You'll have to use the files from here.

Attachments

• AuroraPayloads.7z
    7.2 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Or I could put them up, I guess. These were already built on my machine and most likely what I was using before switching to the 3- stage_2 install. I honestly could not tell you if the GW a9lh requires the Stage1 from here or not to work. It's possible :unsure:. This won't brick you for trying. Worst case, You'll have to use the files from here.

i will flash those with safea9lhinstaller v1.5.2 thanks

edit : flashed and.. works like a charm man !
many many Thanks !!!

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone link me to screeninit a9lh stage bins?

edit: i use noscreeninit on my n3ds and i got blackscreen like others said.
i guess GW payload needs screeninit.
thus i need it. (googling in the meantime)

-the default payload stage liomajor provides is that one screeninit?

Why not try BootCTR? It should make it work with people who have no screen-init. Kazuma77 said he uses a no-screen init fork and at the link below is his config.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-status-of-gateway-and-a9lh.427889/page-56#post-6408904

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the stage bins ubernow provided worked brilliantly.

finally GW works along with Luma, now whenever i might need GW cheat engine it will be there for me , fantastic !

thanks ya guys <3
LoL... it's almost worth a screen name change :P

EDIT: Back on topic again. Tried several things, including switching to a 16GB card (from 64GB). I can't get the Gateway method to work. I didn't bother extracting the emunand and trying to manually go from there (the old way, injecting the 03ds header into the image to unbrick it).

Bottom line, GW's method still seems to be Garbage from my end. I would not even use their installer for the a9lh bit for reasons already stated (you'd be restricted to GW only). Their arm9loaderhax.bin is perfectly compatible with existing a9lh stuff, so it is highly recommended to just follow Plailect's guide for a9lh, then use Gateway's arm9loaderhax.bin whenever you want to use a GW. Now is as good a time as any to jump on the a9lh bandwagon, GW user or not. Just don't install the GW specific a9lh, and I wouldn't even bother with the TimeMachine.

Last edited by urherenow,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
LoL... it's almost worth a screen name change :P

EDIT: Back on topic again. Tried several things, including switching to a 16GB card (from 64GB). I can't get the Gateway method to work. I didn't bother extracting the emunand and trying to manually go from there (the old way, injecting the 03ds header into the image to unbrick it).

Bottom line, GW's method still seems to be Garbage from my end. I would not even use their installer for the a9lh bit for reasons already stated (you'd be restricted to GW only). Their arm9loaderhax.bin is perfectly compatible with existing a9lh stuff, so it is highly recommended to just follow Plailect's guide for a9lh, then use Gateway's arm9loaderhax.bin whenever you want to use a GW. Now is as good a time as any to jump on the a9lh bandwagon, GW user or not. Just don't install the GW specific a9lh, and I wouldn't even bother with the TimeMachine.

yes, simplest way is to just the current A9LH people have set with their Luma CFW.

and those with noscreeninit have to flash the screeninit a9lh stage1/stage2 bins with safea9lhinstaller and their good to go.( i used the ones you provided in the AuroraPayloads rar )

i think i have the 3.7 launcher dat in my mSD (n3ds) , and it worked on first try, i use the gw payload titled as start_gate .

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
yes, simplest way is to just the current A9LH people have set with their Luma CFW.

and those with noscreeninit have to flash the screeninit a9lh stage1/stage2 bins with safea9lhinstaller and their good to go.( i used the ones you provided in the AuroraPayloads rar )

i think i have the 3.7 launcher dat in my mSD (n3ds) , and it worked on first try, i use the gw payload titled as start_gate .

Just wondered though, is that working on a 11.0 luma sysnand without 9.2 rednand setup? Not seen any mention of their new a9lh payload/launcher.dat booting on a 11.0?

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so I got my otp.bin file and restored my sysnand back to 9.0. My Emunand is still on 2.1, I guess. What next steps do I need to do?
I want to keep my GW Emunand as autoboot (using the armloaderhax.bin file) and leave Sysnand at 9.0.

So can I restore my 11.0 Emunand now? And do I need to install Luma now (actually GW Emunand would be enough for me)?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondered though, is that working on a 11.0 luma sysnand without 9.2 rednand setup? Not seen any mention of their new a9lh payload/launcher.dat booting on a 11.0?
It will. But not with a REDNAND. You must be using EMUNAND.

Edit: Let me fix that. If you want no emunand at all, you need to completely get rid of all traces of ever having emunand or rednand. Delete all partitions and format the card by wiping it (not just a quick format). Otherwise, GW will still try to auto-load an emunand and freeze, or you have to go to the menu every time to manually tell it to boot sysnand.

Ok so I got my otp.bin file and restored my sysnand back to 9.0. My Emunand is still on 2.1, I guess. What next steps do I need to do?
I want to keep my GW Emunand as autoboot (using the armloaderhax.bin file) and leave Sysnand at 9.0.

So can I restore my 11.0 Emunand now? And do I need to install Luma now (actually GW Emunand would be enough for me)?
Yes you can. All that remains is using an al9h installer with all appropriate files, from sysnand. Don't use the GW a9lh installer or it won't even use arm9loaderhax.bin (it'll use Launcher.dat). Then you will have no ability to use anything but Gateway, and NDS carts, GBA VC, and DSiWare will be a thing of the past for you as well.

Last edited by urherenow,

pscytheology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am currently using the screen-init version of Aurora's A9LH fork. It appears that GW refuses to load my region-changed emunand (JP->US).

Chainloading through Luma works flawlessly with my standard US O3DS and N3DS XL.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes you can. All that remains is using an al9h installer with all appropriate files, from sysnand. Don't use the GW a9lh installer or it won't even use arm9loaderhax.bin (it'll use Loader.dat). Then you will have no ability to use anything but Gateway, and NDS carts, GBA VC, and DSiWare will be a thing of the past for you as well.

Thanks! So it would be better to install Luma first and then add GW's arm9loaderhax.bin as another booting method later?

I want to be abled to autoboot to GW and when I press the "L"-button on startup Luma CFW shall boot. Is this possible? (Both using the same Emunand Partition)

Also if I use both Luma and GW with the same Emunand will it be possible to play GBA games whenever I boot into Luma CFW?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will. But not with a REDNAND. You must be using EMUNAND.
Yes you can. All that remains is using an al9h installer with all appropriate files, from sysnand. Don't use the GW a9lh installer or it won't even use arm9loaderhax.bin (it'll use Launcher.dat). Then you will have no ability to use anything but Gateway, and NDS carts, GBA VC, and DSiWare will be a thing of the past for you as well.

I've only been checking every couple of days, but it sounds like this should be a PSA or in the OP of this post and the GW 4.0 post.

pscytheology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How did you region change?

I mixed a few guides, but essentially by creating an 9.2 emunand, then force an install of 10.3 US update (plus additional files not included in the update) using SysUpdater, then manually deleting the JP titles with FBI. Also, I initially used my O3DS SecureInfo_A, but now I'm using the hexedited one since most CFW can load it.

Now that I mention it, I know why GW didn't work... It is still on the hex-edited SecureInfo_A... It should still work with the donor SecureInfo_A, but I don't think I'll bother with that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: