Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So why would I ever use GW A9LH if regular A9LH is way better?
If you have a GW card the best option is probably @liomajor's payloads because you can have both CFW and gateway with a9lh.

Otherwise just go for standard a9lh an don't touch gateway's shit with a ten foot pole.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, my guess is that its partly detecting memorycard as for what i dated back > starting without doesn't turn off your console > we can live with it.

Wait, so, it was shutting off because it was getting a read failure, because the card reader wasn't fully initialized yet or something?

1. Can't I just run regular A9LH (With the DS profile exploit reinstalled) and use the Gateway card?
2. I guess so.
3. NTR cheats tho

Why would you go back to MSET? Before this, I was running run MenuHax on a 9.2 EmuNAND (Just set it to L, and you can just hold L to boot it with your EmuNAND). It worked alright, but this is even better.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you needed MSET to launch flash cards on newer firmware?

It's not like there's an MSET ROP chain for 11.0. There's a 9.2 in the mix somewhere regardless of whatever old method you use. Not that it's a bad idea to keep a copy of 9.2 around. You never know what Nintendo will break next.

If you mean DS flash carts, that was the DS Cart Whitelist (and TWL_FIRM in the case of older cards like the Acekard 2i). Both Luma and Cakes (Cakes nightlies anyway) will patch TWL_Firm for you, making modified or older version of TWL_FIRM and DS Cart Whitelist unnecessary. Of course, you may still need a launcher if you've got a card that pre-dates the 3DS.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. .3ds/3dz
2. Adding another memorycard
3. Gateshark

A = Launcher.DAT
B = \a9lh\arm9loaderhax.bin
Default = \arm9loaderhax.bin

If that was just START instead of A, it would be perfect, IMHO. I know, everyone's a critic, but I find persistence override useful, even if most will never miss it. I know you can't make infinite customized layouts. But I think these two will work for most (maybe a start & A one for those who would actually miss multi-NAND, lol).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks a million times over. Wow, that was fast. Still haven't decided which one I want GW on, but I can switch 2_2 and 2_3 easily. I think this or the A & B one should be able to fit anyone's needs if they just move the payloads around.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great now, all my units now boot directly into GW mode in 12 seconds and boot into Luma in 8 seconds while holding A on power on. I can also still get into Luma settings still while holding select down with A on power on.

Again thanks for your efforts liomajor and anyone else that participated, you all have helped out allot of people I am sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F