Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I consider to compile the stage1 payload myself because I need a 2nd buttoncombo for luma3ds without bootmanager. My current setup breaks DS Game support when loading emunand.
You can use the pathchanger tool to fix your DS problem (see Luma's wiki for explanations). And sounds like an annoying thing to do everytime you update Luma, right? But nope, there are updater apps out there that allow you to update Luma right from your 3DS and apply the pathchanging automatically :D

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: Gingerbread Crumb

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was an idiot and was booting the wrong A9LHInstaller. I got it installed correctly now, but when trying to boot GW, I just get a red flash and the N3DS will power off. I have the GW launcher as "LAUNCHER.DAT" in the SD root, and here is the layout of the a9lh folder. I have no idea why it's not working for me.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can use the pathchanger tool to fix your DS problem (see Luma's wiki for explanations). And sounds like an annoying thing to do everytime you update Luma, right? But nope, there are updater apps out there that allow you to update Luma right from your 3DS and apply the pathchanging automatically :D

WTF Why nobody told me this! I lost hours on that case... I got it working about 10mins ago. I used cakesfw and apply twl_firm patches when it boots so DS Games work again :) But good to know that luma3ds has that because this will explain why my friend can't load mh4u.

Reactions: Hayleia

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using @liomajor Easy Installer and @Kazuma77 alternate stage1 payload to make gateway boot using A I can confirm the following consoles as working

• n3DS EUR v11.0.0-33 + AL9H updated through arm9loaderhax.bin
  • 2DS EUR v11.0.0-33 + AL9H updated through arm9loaderhax.bin

Excellent job to both of you for providing such a great solution to the community :)

Last edited by Hellhacker1990,

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Using @liomajor Easy Installer and @Kazuma77 alternate stage1 payload to make gateway boot using A I can confirm the following consoles as working

• n3DS EUR v11.0.0-33 + AL9H updated through arm9loaderhax.bin
  • 2DS EUR v11.0.0-33 + AL9H updated through arm9loaderhax.bin

Excellent job to both of you for providing such a great solution to the community :)
so you copied stage 1 from Kazuma and replaced liomajor stage1 and keep all three liomajor stage2 and you got it working?

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so you copied stage 1 from Kazuma and replaced liomajor stage1 and keep all three liomajor stage2 and you got it working?

Yup. I copy and pasted liomajors stage1 over first then i overwrote it with Kazumas as that was what Kazuma recommended doing. I then backed up my Luma arm9loaderhax.bin by renaming it to arm9loaderhax.bin.bak and copy and pasted the arm9loaderhax.bin from the al9h folder that is in liomajors zip file. I powered on my n3ds, pressed select to update my al9h and that was it. I then put my microSD card back into my pc, deleted the arm9loaderhax.bin that was on the root, renamed my luma from arm9loaderhax.bin.bak back to arm9loaderhax.bin and that was it :)

Last edited by Hellhacker1990,

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to @liomajor and @Kazuma77 for the easy GW a9lh installer! I installed it successfully on my O3DS, but when I press B to load GW I get the red screen and shutdown as others have reported.

However, I did make a little more progress just now. I used CTRbootmanager9 to load RednaxelaNnamtra's bootGW.bin (see page 12 of the thread), and instead of a red screen/shutdown the Dragon splash screen popped up on the bottom and top screens! If I hold L, it seems like I gained access to the boot menu as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't boot to Gateway - it goes to black screen and freezes.

I hope that this info is helpful for figuring out why the GW a9lh doesn't work on O3DS

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And the newest BootCTR9 dev build and BootAnim9 Source also has path patching included, so you are able to simple put your Luma payload everywhere you want it to be.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,
Reactions: cearp and Hayleia

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
O3ds
Tested liomajor's version -> red screen for a short time & Poweroff
Tested liomajor's Version A/B Button -> same
Tested liomajor and kazuma77 merge -> same
Tested RednaxelaNnamtra's bootGW.bin -> GW Dragon, that stays for a longtime and than blackscreen.

Seems for o3ds we have to wait for godot ... ahm ... gateway.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it on an old 3ds et got it working just fine. I placed the gw launcher.dat 3.7.1 at the root of the card

Cool, it's good to read one report of success on the O3DS. I also have the 3.7.1 launcher.dat on the SD root, but it doesn't work. Did you do any steps differently to get it working on O3DS? Is your O3DS hardmodded?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3ds red screen for a short time & Poweroff

Dunno, maybe it's becuz your memorycard is fragmented , damaged or it doesn't recognize launcher.dat.

There are ppl like me it works, maybe you could try another memorycard with launcher.dat in root > fat32 up to 32gb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...