Hardware The Sony NGP sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
see i think that by far the ngp looks awesome but because i kinda like the sound of 3d graphics and zelda orcarina of time ds, i think the 3ds is still better

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how the NGP isn't even released yet, I didn't have to watch the video to know that this guy didn't know what he was talking about.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TheDestroyer said:
Well, 3DS can't possibly do ps2 emulation in the near future and NGP can, while NGP, doesn't have 3D fx.

Considering the PS3 can't emulate the PS2 without actual PS2 hardware, it rather voids that point to think that the NGP can do it. To make this a fair trade of words, who is to say the NGP won't incorporate 3D by doing exactly what the PS3 does for it?

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
TheDestroyer said:
Well, 3DS can't possibly do ps2 emulation in the near future and NGP can, while NGP, doesn't have 3D fx.

Considering the PS3 can't emulate the PS2 without actual PS2 hardware, it rather voids that point to think that the NGP can do it. To make this a fair trade of words, who is to say the NGP won't incorporate 3D by doing exactly what the PS3 does for it?

you still need a screen capable of presenting 3D (glasses or not) the ps3 can play 3D content but you still need a 3D capable tv to output it.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"...touch screen on the back of the system".
I stopped watching at this point. This guy doesn't really know what he's talking about.
Which is okay... until you start bashing a system.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CA519705950 said:
I stopped watching at this point. This guy doesn't really know what he's talking about.
But there is a touch pad on the back, right?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe NGP will beat the 3DS. Irrelevant however, as the few successful games that come out for it will be ten times that of the successful 3DS games in my eyes. And no, I'm not a fanboy, I actually do have a PSP and DS and am planning on getting a 3DS and NGP at some point, however from the games I've played on DS which are many and the games on PSP which are few, I can safely say that I enjoyed the PSP ones much more than the DS ones.

The internet should be divided up into 3 sections, one section for Sony fanboys, one for Nintendo fanboys and one for people, like me and thankfully the majority, who just want to play a good fucking game and don't give two shits if it's on a nintendo or sony console.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
CA519705950 said:
But there is a touch pad on the back, right?
No, yeah, kinda. It's a touch panel. Closer to a trackpad on a laptop. 'Touch screen' indicates something like, say, the touch screen on the NGP.
I keep thinking that the touch panel will make web browsing awesome.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title of the video is very misleading, it's a bad title, but the points he brings up are very strong, and he didn't say the NGP was terrible in the video.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
RE4zombie said:
TheDestroyer said:
Sony has the technology while Nintendo has the creativity.
Innovation>Tech. That's why Nintendo games and products are better.

I got your point and agreed that 3DS games are in fact good (3DS has the game I'm really obsessed with [Kingdom hearts] xD so consider that I am surely getting a 3DS). But I wouldn't say 'Nintendo games and products are better.' that statement makes me think that your solely a Nintendo person. Also, without the proper technology, an innovation wouldn't been possible.
Iron Man 2 Movie has the same principle. When technology was not enough during the time to create a new element lol
I am not a Sony/3DS fanboy of some sort I actually liked DS because of their amazing games but then again, I'm not comparing games here. I am looking on the console themselves (which one is more powerful based on what I've seen/heard/read) not that game you can play on either one. To be honest, all I want for ngp is it's possibility to emulate ps2 games in the future, maybe? who knows, dunno. It's never been done before (on a portable) and it wouldn't be impossible for NGP to do that (with hacking?), I suppose, we dunno. 3DS on the other hand is a good piece of innovation yes, however, in terms of power 3DS is lacking (I am not saying it sucks =.=). 3DS has 3D which is really awesome and it might caught people from getting it. (I know I will
biggrin.gif
)I am not telling which is better but rather comparing them in terms of what they can possibly do in terms of power and what we can get out of them in the near future. All in all, I think that both deserve a good sales since they are good piece of hardware and we are moving into new generation of gaming. It safe to say that in terms of advance technology I think that Sony has won the race. I also wouldn't say Sony sucks because those words are statements that makes me think that a person is a Nintendo person/fanboy.

DavidTurnbull

Trophies
XP
Country
CA519705950 said:

Yeah, I feel silly for making that mistake. I'd been chuckling at a Penny Arcade comic (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/1/31/) earlier though. They refer to it as a touchscreen, hence me screwing it up.
smile.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Technology aside, what will make or break the handhelds will be the games. Nintendo has a track record of releasing thousands of games to appeal to a wide audience (getting parents and grandparents involved) whilst Sony has only appealed to gamers (I've never seen an adult play one... bar myself). If NGP can get some really awesome games out, then it'll do well. If 3DS can find a good way to make use of the 3D gimmick, it'll do well.

So far, the only game I want to play from the new lineup is Ocarina of Time. Every other game I've heard will be out at launch just doesn't interest me.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
DavidTurnbull said:
CA519705950 said:

Yeah, I feel silly for making that mistake. I'd been chuckling at a Penny Arcade comic (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/1/31/) earlier though. They refer to it as a touchscreen, hence me screwing it up.
smile.gif
*looks at flag* i knew that accent was familiar...
tongue.gif

you raised some good points in that video though
smile.gif

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I think nintendo needs to get rid of the top screen and make one large touchpad screen. the size of their screens is way too small.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
godreborn said:
well, I think nintendo needs to get rid of the top screen and make one large touchpad screen. the size of their screens is way too small.
I think the top screen of the 3DS is okay in terms of size.
The bottom screen I dislike. Two differently-sized screens look kind of weird together... but meh, I could live with that I guess.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It would've been better for the 3DS to have three screens - a large bottom touchscreen, and two slightly smaller fold-out 3D screens to extend the viewing angle somewhat. After that, in another 5 years, 4DS could come out with an actual projected interactive holographic display, similar to Star Wars/Trek.

...rather than boring old 2 screens... "but meh, I could live with that I guess".

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
godreborn said:

NO

there advantages on having more that 1 screen i dont want dirty finger o my main screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-