Gaming The PSP Community

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I support the PSP due to the PS1 emulation. I love that feature
biggrin.gif

Also its a great, portable, emulation powerhouse. Best around for a decent price at the moment (Open Pandora is too expensive in my opinion)

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CJL18 said:
if the psp never had custom firmware it would be one of the worst portables ever created, and plz tell me why you would disagree with this?

There are plenty of games worth playing. It can handle much more things than a DS (Internet Browsing, File Transfer, Music Player, Video Player). I know of people who just use their PSP as a portable media. I don't know of anyone who uses a DS as a portable media though... (NOT HATIN' DS LOL)

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CJL18 said:
if the psp never had custom firmware it would be one of the worst portables ever created, and plz tell me why you would disagree with this?

I disagree with it because it the PSP would have to be worse than most or all of the following:
Game Gear
N-Gage
Game and Watch
WonderSwan (+Color)
Tapwave Zodiac
Game.com
Nomad
Leapster
Gizmondo
V-Smile Pocket
Mega Duck
Gamate
Atari Lynx
PocketStation
Neo Geo Pocket
Adventurevision
TurboExpress

The PSP has plenty of great games of many different genres. In addition, it has decent media capabilities (although it has been outclassed since it came out in 2005). Calling it one of the worst portables ever created would show that the person is either very ignorant of the history of portable gaming systems and the PSP, or that they have an unreasonable dislike toward the hardware.

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
I support the PSP. Excellent portable emulation system, to say the least; and homebrew is the main reason I bought one, actually. I came for the homebrew, the occasional decent game (Persona 3 Portable, Badass Rumble and Mana Khemia to name a few) is a nice bonus, though.

omatic said:
Game Gear
Game and Watch
WonderSwan (+Color)
Nomad
Atari Lynx
Neo Geo Pocket
TurboExpress
You're confusing poor commercial performance with a portable games system being shit. While I'll admit the GG and Nomad ate batteries like they were going out of fashion, they're both great systems. The same could be said with most of the systems I've left in the list above - they're great systems with some great games; they just weren't proper competition for the Game Boy's popularity. Obvious exception being the Game and Watch, which only really had competition from Tiger Electronics' handheld LCD shovelware; and was pretty much discontinued (excluding a few games with -really- limited circulation) when Nintendo made the Game Boy.

Don't get me wrong, the one's I've left out are pretty shit, but the ones I've picked out are all great systems with great games, in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol