The Pokemon Company makes official statement regarding Palworld

aaa.png

From the moment that Palworld was publically unveiled, the comparisons of the game to Pokemon have been rampant. Despite that, Palworld's development team, Pocketpair, has stated that they're not concerned with any negative legal action, as the game is not infringing upon Pokemon, nor other IP copyrights. Meanwhile, the former legal team lead of The Pokemon Company expressed surprise at Palworld, saying he was surprised, "it got that far" when the game was released.

Further adding fuel to the fire was a Twitter user by the name of Byofrog, who began directly comparing Palworld models to Pokemon models, showing similarities between the two. While all of these comments and reactions have been from the public, Nintendo themselves haven't made any statement, until tonight. The Pokemon Company put out a short press release, specifically about Palworld. The full comment is as follows:

We have received many inquiries regarding another company’s game released in January 2024. We have not granted any permission for the use of Pokémon intellectual property or assets in that game. We intend to investigate and take appropriate measures to address any acts that infringe on intellectual property rights related to the Pokémon. We will continue to cherish and nurture each and every Pokémon and its world, and work to bring the world together through Pokémon in the future.

For now, there doesn't appear to be any immediate action that The Pokemon Company will take, but only time will tell if any sort of investigation leads to legal action.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't care how polished it appears. You can't polish a turd. The game sucks goats balls. Only the mentally ill would support it.
Have you even played the game? Or are you just mad about shit you read on Twitter?

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you even played the game? Or are you just mad about shit you read on Twitter?

LOL! Why would I be mad about something I read on Twitter? Doesn't even make sense. The game is apple to oranges with Pokemon games. They aren't even really the same kind of game at all.

Yes, I played it. Same boring zzzz-fest as every other stupid similar game. YAY! Let's collect sticks and rocks so we can build shit. Oh, I guess in this one we can also collect and battle Pokemon looking creatures. OH BOY!!! LOL! Dumb crafting game is dumb.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Marketing speak for "we will continue to half-ass Pokémon games, pushing them out way before they're ready with barely any of the content or features seen in previous releases, and neglecting a bunch of older and less-popular Pokémon".

So in other words, complete bullshit.
For example, when it comes to "neglecting a bunch of older and less-popular Pokémon", Unova's elemental monkeys (Simisear, Simisage, Simipour) haven't been catchable since X and Y - they could be used in ORAS and (Ultra) SM, but only by trading or using Bank. They then haven't been usable since.

Zebstrika had been unobtainable for years, before SV's DLC, so he got lucky. Same with Leavanny, Swanna, and probably others.

UPDATE: Gogoat had been uncatchable since XY, until SV made him available again. Furfrou has been absent since Ultra Sun/Moon. Toucannon had been absent until SV DLC.

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
LOL! Why would I be mad about something I read on Twitter? Doesn't even make sense. The game is apple to oranges with Pokemon games. They aren't even really the same kind of game at all.

Yes, I played it. Same boring zzzz-fest as every other stupid similar game. YAY! Let's collect sticks and rocks so we can build shit. Oh, I guess in this one we can also collect and battle Pokemon looking creatures. OH BOY!!! LOL! Dumb crafting game is dumb.
Because you are coming off as someone who is just mad about shit you read on Twitter and went with the most generic reply to my question. I honestly don’t care if you did play it but more so it seems like you are just mad that other people are enjoying this game and want to ruin the fun for others, kind of like a Twitter user or a Redditor. It’s fine if you don’t enjoy this game but a rather rapidly growing community has been enjoying this game. If you don’t like it, ask for a refund and don’t play it. Don’t seek to destroy the fun for everyone else just because you don’t like this game.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because you are coming off as someone who is just mad about shit you read on Twitter and went with the most generic reply to my question. I honestly don’t care if you did play it but more so it seems like you are just mad that other people are enjoying this game and want to ruin the fun for others, kind of like a Twitter user or a Redditor. It’s fine if you don’t enjoy this game but a rather rapidly growing community has been enjoying this game. If you don’t like it, ask for a refund and don’t play it. Don’t seek to destroy the fun for everyone else just because you don’t like this game.

Mad that other people are enjoying it? LMFAO! Thats the most stupid thing I've heard all day. How dumb. I dont care if other people love it and feel it is their GotY. You love it? Great! Go play! You seem to to have some moronic idea that everyone who loves it can give their opinion, but those who do not should just stay quiet. The internet must be a tough place for you since it exists outside of your echo chamber.

I think the game is shit. That's my OPINION. I shouldn't have to point that out. It should already be obvious that it is merely an opinion. Mad because others enjoy it? LMFAO! Seems like YOU'RE the one mad that someone DOES NOT like it. Hypocrite.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But Palworld isn't really even much like a Pokemon game at all.
That's entirely the point. Turn-based Pokemon grew stale several generations ago, people wanted the cute creature designs but with a new form of gameplay added. Palworld plays almost more like Monster Hunter in the upper levels, with your Pals being a more-helpful version of Palicos. Combat can be legitimately challenging at times too, unlike every mainline Pokemon game ever released.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mad that other people are enjoying it? LMFAO! Thats the most stupid thing I've heard all day. How dumb. I dont care if other people love it and feel it is their GotY. You love it? Great! Go play! You seem to to have some moronic idea that everyone who loves it can give their opinion, but those who do not should just stay quiet. The internet must be a tough place for you since it exists outside of your echo chamber.

I think the game is shit. That's my OPINION. I shouldn't have to point that out. It should already be obvious that it is merely an opinion. Mad because others enjoy it? LMFAO! Seems like YOU'RE the one mad that someone DOES NOT like it. Hypocrite.
Your posts literally called people “mentally ill” for enjoying this game and celebrating the idea of TPC taking it down just because you don’t like it. That’s fine that it’s your opinion but quite honestly you seem pretty tilt over people enjoying this game. Maybe consider touching some grass. I am going to enjoy Palworld with my wife and friends, have a nice day.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You're straight up calling people "ill" just because they enjoy this game and you don't. Take your clown-self off the internet for a while instead of being a prick about other people's opinions. I must say that I have recently enjoyed Palworld more often than Pokemon, at least they did better than what the Pokemon Company does.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your posts literally called people “mentally ill” for enjoying this game and celebrating the idea of TPC taking it down just because you don’t like it. That’s fine that it’s your opinion but quite honestly you seem pretty tilt over people enjoying this game. Maybe consider touching some grass. I am going to enjoy Palworld with my wife and friends, have a nice day.

You're straight up calling people "ill" just because they enjoy this game and you don't. Take your clown-self off the internet for a while instead of being a prick about other people's opinions. I must say that I have recently enjoyed Palworld more often than Pokemon, at least they did better than what the Pokemon Company does.

The "mentally ill" part has been in reference to others making comments elsewhere in the topic about mental patients that need to be locked up, as I already pointed out once before. So it's okay for people who love the game to make comments about people being mentally ill, but as is the same with The Cat-Turd certain things only offend you if the person saying them is on the opposite side of the fence. Gotcha.

That's entirely the point. Turn-based Pokemon grew stale several generations ago, people wanted the cute creature designs but with a new form of gameplay added. Palworld plays almost more like Monster Hunter in the upper levels, with your Pals being a more-helpful version of Palicos. Combat can be legitimately challenging at times too, unlike every mainline Pokemon game ever released.

And some of those reasons is exactly why I dislike it. I can't stand Monster Hunter games or crafting/survival games like Ark. It stands to reason that this game is not for me.

therabbitofthenorth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my OPINION.
And it’s fine to have an opinion. However, just because it’s an opinion does not insulate you from criticism, especially when you act like a retarded crybaby. Don’t like the game? Sure. Want to be vocal about it? Sure. However now you’re upset because people have tastes that don’t align with your own. Don’t like disagreement on the Internet? Then get the fuck off and go grow a cactus so you can be pricks together.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The "mentally ill" part has been in reference to others making comments elsewhere ni the topic about mental patients that need to be locked up, as I already pointed out once before. So it's okay for people who love the game to make comments about people being mentally ill, but as is the same with The Cat-turd, certain things only offend you if the person saying them is on the opposite side of the fence. Gotcha.
People sending death threats over a video game are mentally unwell. No sane person would think an appropriate response to something they don’t like is to send death threats. Equally, no sane person should react the same as these people have been acting over Palworld. In the rest of the gaming world, games with similarities are often called things like “Souls-Like,” “Metroidvania,” and other fun terms celebrating their shared features. The fact that this game is has literally been reported the TPC says a lot about the mental wellbeing of the people within the Pokémon community and how apps like Twitter have catered towards mentally unsound narcissists.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And it’s fine to have an opinion. However, just because it’s an opinion does not insulate you from criticism, especially when you act like a retarded crybaby. Don’t like the game? Sure. Want to be vocal about it? Sure. However now you’re upset because people have tastes that don’t align with your own. Don’t like disagreement on the Internet? Then get the fuck off and go grow a cactus so you can be pricks together.

LMAO! What a complete crock of shit and flat out hypocrisy. People that don't like Nintendo can talk all the shit they want about them? And about mods being taken down? Calling people mental patients that need to be locked up? You're no different than the others having a crybaby fit about my opinions. People are free to talk shit as long as you agree with them. I see you plain as day. Gtfo.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The "mentally ill" part has been in reference to others making comments elsewhere in the topic about mental patients that need to be locked up, as I already pointed out once before. So it's okay for people who love the game to make comments about people being mentally ill, but as is the same with The Cat-Turd certain things only offend you if the person saying them is on the opposite side of the fence. Gotcha.

And some of those reasons is exactly why I dislike it. I can't stand Monster Hunter games or crafting/survival games like Ark. It stands to reason that this game is not for me.
Ok? Its fine to have an opinion, but being a massive retard by posting hateful comments against the disabled and others is not the best way to respond. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Or better yet, don't respond at all and stand up for yourself like a man.

therabbitofthenorth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO! What a complete crock of shit and flat out hypocrisy. People that don't like Nintendo can talk all the shit they want about them? And about mods being taken down? Calling people mental patients that need to be locked up? You're no different than the others having a crybaby fit about my opinions. People are free to talk shit as long as you agree with them. I see you plain as day. Gtfo.
uh oh salty

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with that. I'm not a big fan of survival-crafting games myself, so Palworld hooking me was unexpected. Helps that you can produce more and more goods each day, while the player themself is required to do less and less of the crafting tasks each day.

Neurofez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameFreak should make Pokémon game with next gen graphic and gameplay in PC or Ps5, Pokémon is a franchise with so much potential
I think they can do better without hardware limitation from Nintendo console like Capcom with monster hunter world

Yeah yeah the Switch isn't the most powerful console, but I'll make the argument that even if GameFreak were to move towards higher grade hardware, the games' quality would still suck.

Pokémon's problem at its core is GameFreak, even if Nintendo made a better top of the line system, even if GameFreak somehow moved the franchise off Nintendo's consoles, Pokémon will still be the worse game.

We see this with practically every other Nintendo game on the Switch in comparison to Pokémon. Tears may show the system's age, but it masks it better than most to the point the general public wouldn't have that big an issue playing normally.

Pokémon though, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is noticeably buggy and bogged down in framerate to the point that complaints actually did cause Nintendo to issue a PR statement addressing it.

Not that patches or DLC did anything to change that, so obviously the issue has to be something that even patches couldn't fix, deep down in the core of the game.

And honestly, I think the issue is so bad that with every game, it's just going to show even more. Let's Go, god awful game that it is, runs smoother than any other Pokémon Switch game in the library, even Legends Arceus - overhyped that it is.

The Pokémon Company speaks like Nintendo. They probably asked AI to generate a statement lol.
General corporation PR speak. When you've heard one release a press statement, you've seen them all.

It's to remain as neutral as possible and not actually address the situation as the public would perceive it

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of this palworld does this game have any minecraft/digimon caring stuff it in? cause if it does i'm not going bother with it. still it's not like any other people are going mod it. since the big N is like if you mod our shit you going down then river to BUBBA's PALACE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1