• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The NZ Shooting

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 12,302
  • Replies 105
  • Likes 2
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
The shooting that happened in New Zealand was horrible and I don't think anyone would say otherwise. Now, I didn't read the shooter's manifesto but he apparently spent over two years working on it and then he did that, and on his 8chan post he sounds like a typical extreme right-wing though the difference is that this one actually carried out an attack.

His 8chan post was archived so I've read that and if you want, the link is down below. Don't ask for the video, it's out there but I'm not going near that atrocity.

http://archive.is/G04Xx

He mentioned "subscribe to PewDiePie" and now PDP is in trouble because of this scumbag despite that Pewds isn't responsible what strangers do or say, in his or someone else's name. He did in fact say he wanted to cause chaos and that's what's occurring.

And due to all of this, the gun laws in NZ are going to change. Something about this whole story feels like it's missing a piece, like, there was an internet outage, NZ revising their gun laws and he announced he was going to carry out an attack and livestreamed it like a friggin' game. Maybe it's just coincidence, who knows.

All in all, this isn't a news story that can be wrapped up in 3-4mins, it needs a real investigation and if NZ has a death penalty system (probably not), give him that treatment.

This video below by CBS gives a summary of some of it and a possible idea (because no one ever truly knows one's true motives in their minds) about what he was working/thinking:

RIP the victims.

Reactions: Xzi and CallmeBerto

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Sadly, some sick minded people supported this attack and called him a hero, now i don't know what kind of a person he is, what was his motivation and why kill 49 innocent people, to prove a point? no matter what those people religion, color or age, killing the innocent is inhuman, what breaks my heart is some of the victims are children.

I don't know if some of the news are true or fake, but I've read that his facebook account is totally different, he even visit Pakistan which is a Muslim country saying its the most friendly people in the world, so how come his way of thinking changed very fast and he is full of hatred now? i don't believe he volunteer to do this massacre, why he is allowed to carry weapons in the first place? why his name is not in the CIA list? why in NZ? why the Muslims? why the children? why the hate for things happened hundreds of years ago? NZ not even have anything to do with that, does he have mental illness? is anyone paying him / threatening him to do it?

So many questions and i'm sure we won't get the true story as usual, but all i can do now is to pray the victims to rest in peace.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Watching that video was actually sickening. How he just killed people en masse and THEN CONTINUED TO SHOOT AT THE PRESUMABLY DEAD BODIES IN CASE ANYONE SURVIVED. It was disgusting and the man who did it deserves to die.
He drove there, went inside, killed as many people as he could see, went back to his car, got another gun, WENT BACK INSIDE WITH ALL OF THE DEAD BODIES THERE, started shooting some more, and then got back into his car and drove away to another location with an armed guard to do the same thing.

To all of the victims families, I am so sorry for your losses or your loved ones harmed.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Have you ever heard of not propagating (sharing) a mass shooters ideological PR material? Because thats was a thing with conventional media in the past.

The reasoning was, that future mass shooters (or suicide victims, same actual argument) would do this partly for they recognition that they'll get after the act. So responsible people would not engage in distributing that material - so that part of the incentive would get dropped.

If you stop acting like "horror - tourists" for a while, maybe we could talk about, that part of the first posters motivations seems to be his emotional feelings for a freaking youtube star, he probably never met. And that doesnt care for him, or his think of "What would Pew feel" agenda one bit.

Thank you.

Also - as soon as someone shares a link to a mass shooters manifest, I'll share the topic with moderators to be shut down. Just so we understand each other.

Last edited by notimp,

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever heard of not propagating (sharing) a mass shooters ideological PR material? Because thats was a thing with conventional media in the past.

The reasoning was, that future mass shooters (or suicide victims, same actual argument) would do this partly for they recognition that they'll get after the act. So responsible people would not engage in distributing that material - so that part of the incentive would get dropped.

If you stop acting like "horror - tourists" for a while, maybe we could talk about, that part of the first posters motivations seems to be his emotional feelings for a freaking youtube star, he probably never met. And that doesnt care for him, or his think of "What would Pew feel" agenda one bit.

Thank you.

Also - as soon as someone shares a link to a mass shooters manifest, I'll share the topic with moderators to be shut down. Just so we understand each other.

You have your opinoins... I on the other hand would like to read into what caused this. There is a million things that can be learned from situations like these. Hiding the shit and removing it whenever it pops up helps no one at all. Just fuels the idiots who keep calling it fake. You feel free to be uninformed but, dont just assume I am some "horror tourist".

Reactions: DCG

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have your opinoins... I on the other hand would like to read into what caused this. There is a million things that can be learned from situations like these. Hiding the shit and removing it whenever it pops up helps no one at all. Just fuels the idiots who keep calling it fake. You feel free to be uninformed but, dont just assume I am some "horror tourist".

You shouldn't read into his whole manifesto because it was all a massive troll, it was made to cause seperation and division. "The left can't meme" springs to mind, mentioning PDP, it was one giant meme and its not worthy to wipe my ass on. He should be locked away forever and or castrated and put to death. I will say its quite annoying that the church bombing in the Phillipines that killed 20 people in January got like 1/10th of the media coverage. Terrorism is terrorism and they should all be disavowed equally.

Reactions: gizmomelb and DCG

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't read into his whole manifesto because it was all a massive troll, it was made to cause seperation and division. "The left can't meme" springs to mind, mentioning PDP, it was one giant meme and its not worthy to wipe my ass on. He should be locked away forever and or castrated and put to death. I will say its quite annoying that the church bombing in the Phillipines that killed 20 people in January got like 1/10th of the media coverage. Terrorism is terrorism and they should all be disavowed equally.

That's one of the main reasons I want to read it. Its been descibed to me as a huge schizophrenic meme. There is a lot more to this story then the media or anyone else is letting on. No one learns shit from any of it, if it's just hidden.

Reactions: DCG

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

Thank you.

I don't want to be funny at a time like this but you really should work in the FBI for hiding the truth from everyone.

Sharing those kind of things will make the audiance more aware about the satuation, hiding it will just produce an ignorant generation with no idea about what happen in this world.
In the other hand, sick people will take notes and do the same, but You cannot hide the truth from 100 for the sake of 1 retarded person not to do the same.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to be funny at a time like this but you really should work in the FBI for hiding the truth from everyone.

Sharing those kind of things will make the audiance more aware about the satuation, hiding it will just produce an ignorant generation with no idea about what happen in this world.
In the other hand, sick people will take notes and do the same, but You cannot hide the truth from 100 for the sake of 1 retarded person not to do the same.

Well said!

Reactions: Lazyboss

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hiding this stuff away and not giving us the option to learn from it is way more damaging then it being openly available.

@Costello Is there a specific reason the PDF isn't allowed but a clip from the actual video is, no matter what it shows? Not trying to be a dick, am seriously interested.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hiding this stuff away and not giving us the option to learn from it is way more damaging then it being openly available.

@Costello Is there a specific reason the PDF isn't allowed but a clip from the actual video is, no matter what it shows? Not trying to be a dick, am seriously interested.
It's not this site's fault- The New Zealand police has requested that people don't share the PDF or video.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watching that video was actually sickening. How he just killed people en masse and THEN CONTINUED TO SHOOT AT THE PRESUMABLY DEAD BODIES IN CASE ANYONE SURVIVED. It was disgusting and the man who did it deserves to die.
He drove there, went inside, killed as many people as he could see, went back to his car, got another gun, WENT BACK INSIDE WITH ALL OF THE DEAD BODIES THERE, started shooting some more, and then got back into his car and drove away to another location with an armed guard to do the same thing.

To all of the victims families, I am so sorry for your losses or your loved ones harmed.

I bet NZ doesn't have capital punishment like the US nah let him be butt (you know) and murdered in prison this guy doesn't even deserve the death penilty cause they show mercy by incapacitating you before stopping the heart or if they give him the needle just inject the heart stopping drug no pre chaser

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not this site's fault- The New Zealand police has requested that people don't share the PDF or video.

and it's to prevent other tragedies from occuring by preventing people from being inspired by this horrid shit

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Thank you.

Case A: Removing any news about mass shootings, which will cause that nothing is done to change laws, because nobody knows of any cases where people use guns in order to kill innocent people (although I would say killing any person is bad).
Case B: The shootings are known to the public, but the shooter gets public recognition. This motivates people to do something.

I think case b is always preferrable.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the media dn the governments are so sickening disgusting with their hypocrisy

govt and media establishment: the wholesale slaughter and murdering of innocent muslims in their own countries is not only totally socially acceptable but it is you patriotic duty

govt and media establishment : the wholesale slaughter and murder of innocent muslims in western countries is the most evil thing ever

now they will impose more censorship and restrict free speech on the internet and take away the guns
because muh hate speech and muh incitement

when circa 2001 - 2003 it was non stop incitement to slaughter of muslims on the news 24/7

i have friends and family who were dumb enough to enlist , i can tell you that it is SOP to refer to arabs/muslims as " haji's" "dune coons" and "sand niggers" right up the ladder to the top this is standard language

yet the media and govt establishment praises the military as heros

and at the same time govt media establishment says that
anyone who espouses even the slightest opposition to immigration is spreading "hate speech" and "is inciting violence" LOL

how do wny of these people have any credibility left whatsoever?

oh and as this was taking place israel was pounding gaza with over 100 air strikes
no doubt killing lots of innocent civilians but not one single word of it reported in the media

Reactions: Glyptofane

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I am hearing they are blocking both 4chan and 8chan in nz internet, though switching your DNS to the google one bypasses it.
Hours after the attack one of the nz news outlets said only they are allowed to read the manifesto and it's illegal for anyone of the public to read it. (flashback to wikileaks podesta emails and cnn)

I feel at the very least the Q&A section should have been allowed (and not all the anti-immigrant loon stuff which which composed the rest of the document)
There was also alot of weird stuff going on with him in october of last year, he visited pakistan, one of the residents posted this on facebook (pages have since been removed after people discovered them)

fI5tqhc.jpg

TaV5Dd2.png

Last edited by Joe88,
Reactions: Hanafuda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn