"The Mercenaries" coming to RE4 Remake as free DLC tomorrow, April 7th

re4.png

Resident Evil 4 Remake has been all the hype these past two weeks. The game has seen amazing success worldwide, with many people praising the reimagining of the beloved title's story and set pieces, with the general consensus being that Capcom learned from their mistakes from RE3 Remake and offered a really good product on release, this time taking their due development time and not cutting corners, still offering a familiar story but with a much more detailed and grounded take on it.

Of course, a handful of things from the original RE4 were cut out, but while going through the game one barely feels their absence (with people citing mostly the 2nd Gigante fight and U3 as the most notorious ones), but all in all, the game has seen a fantastic release, and to capitalize even more on the hype that's still fresh in people's minds, Capcom announced that the bonus game that added a lot of playtime to the original title, "The Mercenaries", will see a return in the remake as free DLC, available on April 7th.

What characters from the Mercenaries are you most excited to see being brought back? Will new maps and/or characters see an addition in this new take of the Mercenaries for the remake? Be sure to check it out once it's available in just a few hours!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only like the RE games for these type of modes. i wonder if this is single player. if not i'm going pass.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i only like the RE games for these type of modes. i wonder if this is single player. if not i'm going pass.
Seeing how all past RE games have had it in single player, it should also be that way in this case. If at all probably they'd add coop, but that's a stretch, and it should be optional. I remember RE5 did have both coop and single player Mercenaries, and I believe RE6 did as well. Don't know how RE8 handled it tho.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mercenaries being a free DLC update was a good call- makes no sense to have it be paid when it was free in the original
hopefully its the same thing for seperate ways. if they add a luis campaign though i'll pay

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it'd be a remake or sequel to the franchise of the same name:

That game was so much fun! Even playing just the demo was fantastic.

Destroying stuff was so enjoyable. :)

Reactions: CallmeBerto

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's actually leaked video footage of it in action out in the wild, but since the 'mode' comes out tomorrow it's no big deal.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They also added in microtransactions for "weapon upgrade tickets" (not even that "micro" tbh as they can go as up as more than 20 quid) or as someone else called them "low IQ tax".

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They also added in microtransactions for "weapon upgrade tickets" (not even that "micro" tbh as they can go as up as more than 20 quid) or as someone else called them "low IQ tax".
The only part where such thing is helpful is when attempting those idiotic S+ ranks to unlock the infinite ammo and all the S+ ranks achievements, you can basically start a new game and get the Handcannon right away with infinite ammo and still get S+.

Outside of that, is just nonsense

Reactions: Guacaholey

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only part where such thing is helpful is when attempting those idiotic S+ ranks to unlock the infinite ammo and all the S+ ranks achievements, you can basically start a new game and get the Handcannon right away with infinite ammo and still get S+.
but apparently for S+ ranks you don't even need kill count, only speed!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
but apparently for S+ ranks you don't even need kill count, only speed!

Yeah, but going through Professional mode with minimal weapons, upgrades and ammo is not really desirable.
Possible for sure, I did it, but it's one of the most annoying things I've ever done in gaming.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sounds terrible, are the rewards worthwhile?
Well you get Cat Ears, which gives you infinite ammo for all weapons if you S+ rank Professional, I think you could also unlock Handcannon and/or Chicago typewriter but I don't remember the specifics of unlocking those two. I think HC is finish Professional with no bonus weapon and Chicago requires Hardcore A Rank at least.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mercenaries being a free DLC update was a good call- makes no sense to have it be paid when it was free in the original
hopefully its the same thing for seperate ways. if they add a luis campaign though i'll pay
They should've just added it as a feature in the update without requiring you to download the DLC to unlock it, cause if they ever de-list the game or DLC you might be screwed.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D