Hacking The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Savegame editor

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work with the US v1.1.1?
I've tried editing just a couple things in my save, reuploaded it and the save file now starts me in shrine of resurrection with 0 progress
(I have a backup, I'd just like to get this working)

edit: It seems the problem was in deleting the game_data.sav from ftpiiu instead of overwriting it. If I'm guessing, there needs to be a chmod on the file to make it accessible by the game (otherwise it's protected by IOSU). I now have a corrupted slot in my game saves that not even the game can write over, but I will try to figure out how to fix this in case anyone else has this problem

edit: What a mess. The solution is to chmod 0x777 the file(s) using wupserver (ftpiiu seemingly can't handle chmod). This will allow any new files you've created with ftpiiu to be accessible by the game.

Last edited by Kohmei,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that I can't ever use the Add Item button for my genuine save file. I thought it was a work in progress so I ignored it, didn't know it was supposed to be working. Honestly this is the best feature in the editor if it would work.

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that I can't ever use the Add Item button for my genuine save file. I thought it was a work in progress so I ignored it, didn't know it was supposed to be working. Honestly this is the best feature in the editor if it would work.

It DOES work. Just not for you. I was able to add any items successfully. Perhaps be more detailed what your system setup is or if using cemu. If using cemu, it works just fine. If not, sad deal.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It DOES work. Just not for you. I was able to add any items successfully. Perhaps be more detailed what your system setup is or if using cemu. If using cemu, it works just fine. If not, sad deal.
Sorry let me rephrase that. It doesn't work for me. I know that it works for others, no need to be so bashful.
I play it on Wii U, I'm only 100 hours into the game so far. Game is installed digitally, but shouldn't make a difference. The site is just not cooperating with my save if I try to add an item. I was glad that someone reported the same issue I was having, when I saw people calling him out saying it was bs, I had to comment because he's not the only one.

At the moment I don't have any real reason to add items since I already used the trainer for that. But I do like to play with save editors to see what they can do.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any chance you could find out how to unlock all Korok seeds, so we don't have to spend a month collecting them?

rei_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any chance you could find out how to unlock all Korok seeds, so we don't have to spend a month collecting them?

If you're using CEMU, and you have cheat engine. just search for @Obj_KorokNuts as a String, the address should end with a 3. Memory View (or CTRL+B) that address and look for 2 lines above what you've found, you should see 00 00 XX YY 00 01 somewhere there. That's what you want, XX YY being the value for korok seeds.

Mind you, you start from the first 00 when adding it to your Address List. It has to be added as 4byte Big Endian too, otherwise it'll be really weird when added as a 4byte. 2Byte Big Endian also works, since that's the usual max for Items anyways. Also if you use the 4byte big endian method, the address you're adding must end with a 0.

If you're using WiiU (actual), then it might take a bit of checking the other threads on how to cheat Zeldo.

https://pastebin.com/LhAzybH1 I wrote this simple guide on how to find values and whatnot with Cheat Engine and Cemu :D enjoy.

Last edited by rei_hunter,

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're using CEMU, and you have cheat engine. just search for @Obj_KorokNuts as a String, the address should end with a 3. Memory View (or CTRL+B) that address and look for 2 lines above what you've found, you should see 00 00 XX YY 00 01 somewhere there. That's what you want, XX YY being the value for korok seeds.

Mind you, you start from the first 00 when adding it to your Address List. It has to be added as 4byte Big Endian too, otherwise it'll be really weird when added as a 4byte. 2Byte Big Endian also works, since that's the usual max for Items anyways. Also if you use the 4byte big endian method, the address you're adding must end with a 0.

If you're using WiiU (actual), then it might take a bit of checking the other threads on how to cheat Zeldo.

https://pastebin.com/LhAzybH1 I wrote this simple guide on how to find values and whatnot with Cheat Engine and Cemu :D enjoy.
I am using an actual Wii U, however I could technically throw my save into CEMU and then back on to my console if it's easier.

My only question is, does it then show them on the map and trigger as if you actually collected them after you save and reload?

rei_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using an actual Wii U, however I could technically throw my save into CEMU and then back on to my console if it's easier.

My only question is, does it then show them on the map and trigger as if you actually collected them after you save and reload?

I've saved 700 Korok Seeds. Used Them. It didnt do the same thing as the Shrine Orbs, where it'll go back to some number. Have Fun. :D

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've saved 700 Korok Seeds. Used Them. It didnt do the same thing as the Shrine Orbs, where it'll go back to some number. Have Fun. :D

What I'm asking is if I set the number of Korok Seeds I have, am I still able to go an collect them around the map, or does it activate them all as if I collected them (which is what I want).

I guess I'm asking for more of a save editor that can do this, because I want to 100% this game but I'm not wasting my time collecting 900 pointless seeds for an absolutely useless reward. I wouldn't care if they didn't count towards 72% of the completion meter...

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm asking is if I set the number of Korok Seeds I have, am I still able to go an collect them around the map, or does it activate them all as if I collected them (which is what I want).

I guess I'm asking for more of a save editor that can do this, because I want to 100% this game but I'm not wasting my time collecting 900 pointless seeds for an absolutely useless reward. I wouldn't care if they didn't count towards 72% of the completion meter...

No.

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll raise the cap to 400.
Hola Marc, thanks a lot for this great tool.
I'm half of the game, and I reached also the limit of 256 items before adding all amiibo clothes, weapons and bow that I wanted. It is mainly because each food meal is 1 item, and if you have 3 pages of food meals in inventory, then you have 70 used items...
I think you are right, 400 items is the good number. I would have said 350 but we would be sure at 100% that everybody will not get the issue with 400 items :)

Else, like a few people there, I succeeded to add items like amiibo clothes, weapons, bow... but impossible to add Epona and Wolf link ! I added them in OTHER area and set them to "1", and injected the save, but I am not seeing wolf link and when I am going to the stable, Epona is not in my list of horses... :(
Did you manage to add them ? Could you explain how did you do ? If someone else knows how to add them using the tool, please let me know :)

andresrosales

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Can somebody help me please? I go to the editor, I do the editing stuff and download the new save, I paste it inside save folder 0 but when I boot the game everything is the same.

What I´m doing wrong?

Thanks

Using CEMU Zelda original version no patch

Reactions: troyintroduce

troyintroduce

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
thanks for your editor. It really help me so much.
May kindly to ask if there is any possibility to add the Modify Weapon Bonus, something like Quick Shot. attack Up to your editor?

anyway, Thank you.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your editor. It really help me so much.
May kindly to ask if there is any possibility to add the Modify Weapon Bonus, something like Quick Shot. attack Up to your editor?

anyway, Thank you.
make sure it is the right save. 0 isn't always the first one as cemu screws up the dates, and the thumbnails being black you really have no way of telling. Just replace all folders using the same save from folder 0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying