The Guide to Buying Flashcarts

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials' started by GibFTW, Dec 12, 2016.

Dec 12, 2016

The Guide to Buying Flashcarts by GibFTW at 6:17 PM (1,175 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. GibFTW
    OP

Member GibFTW GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Merchants
    The first step in ordering a flashcart, is finding a appropriate website to do so. In order to verify if a seller is legit, I recommend checking if they are in the merchant page of all the flashcarts they are selling. Make SURE they are located in your country, well, if you live in a large enough country. For US buyers I HIGHLY recommend https://www.modchipsdirect.com! Especially if your parents don't want to buy from a cheesy site nds-card.com, it has a picture of a panda. That is probably a major pain in the ass for all the kids out there.
    Choosing

There are quite a few flash carts to choose from, but not all of them are good! Here is a chart.
    • Acekard 2i
    • Popular, and well known!
    • Mostly the same as the R4i
    • R4i Carts
    • Best for playing DS games
    • Can play GBA games, but not at full speed without a EZFlash 4 in 1
    • Supercard DSTWO
    • PERFECT for SNES, NES, GB, GBA emulation!
    • Has a built in CPU and RAM! Very fast!

2. Boogieboo6

Member Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

United States
    The "cheesy site" supports GBATemp when you buy from them. Also, you didn't mention the timebombs in fake r4i cards that have dates on them.
    The chart's not very dark theme friendly.

wormdood and PokeAcer like this.
  3. GibFTW
    OP

United States
    True. What do the timebombs do though? Also by cheesy, I mean nds-card has a "suspicious" looking site.

4. wormdood

Member wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    . . . how is it suspicious . . . do they have the same item for different prices . . . unclear sales . . . no info about shipping. . . wha?

5. GibFTW
    OP

United States
    The site has a picture of a panda okay? There are a lot of scammers out there, and don't you think some people would be a bit, ehh... suspicous about buying from a site that looks like it was designed a decade earlier? I am not saying it is a bad site, no not at all, but the lesser informed may think differently.

6. wormdood

United States
    this may just be me being asinine but . . . you come to a site over a decade old (gbatemp), to advise people to avoid another decade old site (that pays for gbatemp)
    so besides saying that you work for modchipcentral i don't see the point of this thread (i mean there are already countless threads about where to buy nds cards. . . but yours reads like an add)

7. GibFTW
    OP

United States
    I am not affiliated with anyone. Did you even read what I said? I am saying a site that looks that old may look fishy to an uninformed adult!

8. sypherce

Newcomer sypherce Member

United States
    If the panda's the only problem I'd recommend adding http://www.nds-card.com/images/logo.jpg to your adblock filters before recommending a different site.

9. GibFTW
    OP

United States
    That is just a example. Some people might find it odd. Is anybody even listening???

10. wormdood

United States
    oh i read but your original post actually had a point while your response did not but if you insist . . .
    and a multi-game piracy ds card that they cant buy in any mall in the country and so they need to order online does not sound fishy to an uninformed adult at all . . .

so on to my point that you missed how on earth is this a guide if you only mention/link to one website also your bullets read like a copy paste from a Chinese r4 website
    this "guide" is not helpful in any sense of the word

Last edited by wormdood, Dec 12, 2016
  11. sypherce

Newcomer sypherce Member

United States
    I just want to point this out before it gets worse: I was just adding my own info since it seemed relevant if someone wants to use the nds-card site.

I'm not trying to attack anyone. If someone's not happy with a guide I'd recommend giving advice, not just complaining that it's here.

12. evandixon

Member evandixon Formerly UniqueGeek

United States
    The part that I found suspicious was that payment is handled outside of the website, with explicit instructions to not mention the website when paying. (It turned out OK when I ordered from them, and the emails were friendly, but still.)

For those in the US, I'd recommend Modchips Direct over nds-card because of the better prices and faster shipping, although it's always best to look at both before purchasing anything.

invaderyoyo, GibFTW and wormdood like this.
  13. Technicmaster0

Member Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Sorry, but I can't take this as a serious guide (and why does the choosing text have a different color than the merchants text?).

-The Acekard 2i is outdated, more expensive than the r4i gold and why should anyone get it anyways? In addition to that more and more shops discontinue to sell it. Suggesting this one doesn't help anyone
    -Which R4 do you mean? There are like 200 of them out there
    -What is the difference between acekard 2i and r4i?
    -Why are r4i cards better than dstwo for DS games?
    -I don't know a card that's called EZ Flash 4 in 1
    -What about the DSTWO Plus?
    -Why should GBA emulation from the dstwo be better than real hardware like 3ds vc/a slot-2 flashcard?
    -Why do you recommend a shop that doesn't sell the flashcards that you suggest?
    -Why do YOU write a guide? Did you inform yourself very good? Do you own the flashcards that you suggest?
    -Why don't you mention prices? They are important for many people
    -Why is the layout of the post pure shit?

Last edited by Technicmaster0, Dec 14, 2016 - Reason: added more points
    Jacklack3 and wormdood like this.
  14. Jacklack3

Member Jacklack3 OBJECTION!

Canada
    Make an Stylish theme that makes it look not as suspicious then.