The Final Fantasy VII Remake now has a release date

Square Enix might have stolen Day 1 of E3 without even having a press conference today. The company has announced that the long awaited Final Fantasy VII Remake has a release date, and one within this century, in fact. On March 3, 2020, the first episode of the game will launch on the PlayStation 4.

Rebuilding and expanding upon the legendary RPG for today, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE tells the story of a world fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet's very life force as mako energy. In the sprawling city of Midgar, an anti-Shinra organization calling themselves Avalanche have stepped up their resistance. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra's elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to the group, unaware of the epic adventures that await him.

Randy Steele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still pretty pissed off that the episodic thing is still a thing. I was hoping that they'd of just dropped that crap since it's been so long. Oh well. Guess episode 2 will be out in another few years. Let's just hope episode 1 goes until the end of the second disc or something.

legaiaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game has been announced to be split into 2 blue ray discs and the fist part coming in 2020 will take place entirely in Midgar! Which is the part of the game I hate the most...Great....

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I'll finally get around to playing Final Fantasy VII. They better not do this shit to Final Fantasy IX though.
Why not so you want them to make just another hardly any difference remaster - FF9 in FF7 remake style would be incredible and I'm sure square want to do this but course they can only do so much and go play ff7 first before the remake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7