Hacking The fastest way to pirate Sun/Moon?

D

Deleted User

I can't FUCKING STAND people who put their shit on sites that throttle downloads so much that it'd take a day to download something a gig large. This is why I re-upload stuff once I get my hands on it. (I'm not even talking about just warez, either. This happens with other stuff too.)
MEGA is okay, it throttles a little, but it's better than those sites.
MEGA is the best for me. I haven't seen a better way other than just to torrent it. I love when things are on MEGA

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just wait for the double pack steelbook I pre-ordered, and will get at a discount for being an Amazon Prime member.
I was too late and it seems at least for US amazon it is no longer available for preorder. If it shows up again before the game releases I'll cancel my moon order and get the steelbook version.

Reactions: RustInPeace

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe I'm asking this but, what would be the fastest way to pirate these games? It's confirmed they're going to be 3.2gb, so freeshop/ciangel would take a mighty long time, but would it take longer than a scene dump of the game would appear on the internet?

At that point, would Sky3DS/Gateway be the fastest? If it comes to downloading from a computer, then yeah, but still. I'm actually really torn here, what do you all think?

And don't worry I know it doesn't really matter, just curious and thought it would be fun to talk about. :P

"Fast" or least time consuming? Given that you can set freeshop to just 'go' and walk away, get on with other things I can't see it being beaten in terms of time investment. But if shaving off 15-20 mins of delay in being able to play it for an investment of your own time then here's what you do:

1) Go out, mow some lawns, purchase a Sky or Gateway
2) Download the .3ds from the fastest source you can on the fastest internet connection in your country
3) Copy it to the fastest micro-SD can you can afford with all your lawn-mowing cash and then slam it into that flash card as quick as possible.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
You want Pokemon Sun/Moon right now, okay, follow these simple steps to get it!.

A) Hire some buff dudes for the lowest bid
B) Buy a ticket to Japan
C) Go to Nintendo's Headquarters or more specifically, to Gamefreak's Headquarters.
D) Bring out those AK-47's and shoot everyone insight
E) Threaten the people out there, and say that you will kill all the hostages if they don't give you Pokemon Sun and Moon
F) Expect the CEO to give you both copies of the game (beforehand buy a Japanese 3DS because muh region lock or just install it some A9LH + Luma to one)
G) Escape a la Rambo, and go to a country that the police nor the FBI will pursue you (Maybe a Middle East one?)
H) Congrats, now you have Pokemon Sun/Moon and the entire police force in the word pursuing you!.

In only 8 steps you get the hottest offer around!, what are you waiting for?!.

Ontopic: No, wait like everyone else, 7th Dragon case was only once in a lifetime kind of case, that means it won't happen with the rest of the 3DS games.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it was a failed attempt at getting info on S/M leaking without trying to look like he was asking about info on S/M leaks........ You failed sir.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about downloading the game when it comes out has to do with "leaked info"? Let me tell you the thought process behind making this thread. I was talking with my friends about how SuMo are gonna be 3.2gb, and the topic of piracy comes up. So from here, I wondered which method (of piracy) would get people playing the game the fastest.

This has nothing to do with me wanting to get an early copy of the game, in all honesty I don't care, and it has nothing to do with me being impatient. It's simply a topic of discussion that anyone interested can contribute to.

I'd say probably buying and dumping the game but at that point it's not piracy it's backup loading ;)

Last edited by CreAtor135,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I would encourage people to support their favorite handheld console and purchase the games, it would be worth buying a 3DS for Sun / Moon alone in my opinion.

3.2gb @ 200 Mbit/s would be 00:02:17
3.2gb @ 100 Mbit/s would be 00:04:34
3.2gb @ 50 Mbit/s would be 00:09:09
3.2gb @ 25 Mbit/s would be 00:18:19
3.2gb @ 10 Mbit/s would be 00:45:48
3.2gb @ 5 Mbit/s would be 01:31:37
3.2gb @ 1 Mbit/s would be 07:38:07

Reactions: Thelostrune

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I would encourage people to support their favorite handheld console and purchase the games, it would be worth buying a 3DS for Sun / Moon alone in my opinion.

3.2gb @ 200 Mbit/s would be 00:02:17
3.2gb @ 100 Mbit/s would be 00:04:34
3.2gb @ 50 Mbit/s would be 00:09:09
3.2gb @ 25 Mbit/s would be 00:18:19
3.2gb @ 10 Mbit/s would be 00:45:48
3.2gb @ 5 Mbit/s would be 01:31:37
3.2gb @ 1 Mbit/s would be 07:38:07
they can also compress the game with 7z you know

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
IT'S ALREADY COMPRESSED
The ROM will be like 4Gb, the encrypted cia 3,2Gb

The fastest way is to buy it
uh no i mean like compressing the cia with 7zip like pokemon x and ys llike 800 mb download in the 7z format which is almost half the size and when you uncompress it the cia file will be the normal size

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fastest way to pirate it is wait till it is piratable. Sun and Moon are being released in China so you can expect it to come out a few days early at the least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, not for snes either +1