Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

BinaryShrub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone, I am new to the Wii U hacking scene as of 3 days ago, I wanted to share some of my initial concerns with this guide and provide some additional info:

1. Nintendo Skylanders SWAP Force Bundle comes with FW 1.0.2 U -- another entry to add into the bundle list.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GD962OA
  2. I found the guide a tad out of chronological order, I think that Kernel Exploit should come before Using Hacks. I think it makes more sense and will better clarify that it MUST be run for everything.
  3. Update the guide to state if the Kernel Exploit is needed for Loadiine GX2. It currently says it is needed for Loadiine, but to me, Loadiine and Loadine GX2 are different.
  4. I also felt that the Kernel Exploit could use some more information, perhaps a guide/how-to in the section itself, and a summary of what you are going to do and a nutshell of what it does.
  5. Adding more information about SD Cards would be helpful, maybe verified SD Cards that work, What you will use an SD Card for, best cluster size. I know Nintendo only supports up to 32GB but I heave heard 64GB and 128GB working fine -- with 64K Cluster Size being optimal.

That's all for now, My SD Card comes tonight, I will let you know if I feel like there are any other pain points as I go through the process!

Great Work! I thought my feedback would be of value and at least I can contribute in that sense.

Last edited by BinaryShrub,
Reactions: hama

Krantor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm self-hosting the exploit on my Android phone using the provided "everything" package. I had an older version i could host just fine, but after upgrading to the latest one with LoadiineGX2, Loadiine can't seem to find my game collection. It shows normally but there are no games to select. Copied the folder to my SD root and still no luck. I named my games accordingly with the ID6 at the end.

Anyone knows what could be wrong? Couldn't find any help on the Loadiine thread either

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm self-hosting the exploit on my Android phone using the provided "everything" package. I had an older version i could host just fine, but after upgrading to the latest one with LoadiineGX2, Loadiine can't seem to find my game collection. It shows normally but there are no games to select. Copied the folder to my SD root and still no luck. I named my games accordingly with the ID6 at the end.

Anyone knows what could be wrong? Couldn't find any help on the Loadiine thread either
Can you take photo of your games path on your SD? I never used old Loadiine, but I notice, seeing older tutorial video. Older Loadiine the foder Is named Wii U, while with new Loadiine GX2 use Wiiu folder

Azeryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd double check the file structure. Seems like that's wrong.

Ex: SD:\wiiu\games\Wii Sports Club [AWSE01]\code\<RPX, RPLs, cos.xml, app.xml>
Ex: SD:\wiiu\games\Wii Sports Club [AWSE01]\content\<files and folders>

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Ainda não, eles podem se irritar se ficarem perguntando demais...
Be careful replying in a different language... This is an english-only forum, but I'm not sure how much they enforce it here. Of course, I definitely don't have a problem with it, but if others do, then well, you know. For others, here's a rough translation, "Not yet, it can be annoying [to them (the developers)] if you ask too many times..."

TheKoji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Be careful replying in a different language... This is an english-only forum, but I'm not sure how much they enforce it here. Of course, I definitely don't have a problem with it, but if others do, then well, you know. For others, here's a rough translation, "Not yet, it can be annoying [to them (the developers)] if you ask too many times..."
Thank you, I will not do this again.

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
actually it's in the rules https://gbatemp.net/help/terms
so yeah posts must be in english

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
actually it's in the rules https://gbatemp.net/help/terms
so yeah posts must be in english
Yeah... It is. But like I thought, they don't ENFORCE the rule, it's mostly just a best practice, as long as it's not a habit and that's all you do.
From the link to the terms:
All posts should be made in legible English. Do not make posts or topics in foreign languages, they are likely to be closed. We will be lenient on this rule from time to time as long as it doesn't become a habit amongst members.
So yeah. @TheKoji, you're fine to leave your post as is, you'll just know for next time :)

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please help me? I have a 5.3.2 Wii U I'm trying to hack. I've gotten as far as hosting the files on my computer, now I'd like to update all my disc games. I'm trying to use nusgrabber gui to download the updates, but nothing is showing up. Super noob at this. Any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...