The BIG Football Thread

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Satangel said:
emigre said:
I see no "glory, glory Man United," here.

Was watching the game.

We properly lost. The statistics said it all, it's a shame but we were outclassed by one of the best teams the world has ever seen. Xavi - Iniesta shattered our too weak midfield, SAF definitely needs to invest there. Messi is just cheating, he's too good. No competition at all, that kid is too good.
Disappointed by the statistics, but glad that we played face-to-face and didn't defend like Real Madrid did.
Glad you admit
smile.gif
yeah, it simply wasnt same level of competition.
Nemanja Vidi? did poor today. There was a few situations where he didnt even move up against Messy.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tanveer said:
Satangel said:
emigre said:
I see no "glory, glory Man United," here.

Was watching the game.

We properly lost. The statistics said it all, it's a shame but we were outclassed by one of the best teams the world has ever seen. Xavi - Iniesta shattered our too weak midfield, SAF definitely needs to invest there. Messi is just cheating, he's too good. No competition at all, that kid is too good.
Disappointed by the statistics, but glad that we played face-to-face and didn't defend like Real Madrid did.
Glad you admit
smile.gif
yeah, it simply wasnt same level of competition.
Nemanja Vidi? did poor today. There was a few situations where he didnt even move up against Messy.
Not really agreed with that, Vidic did the best he could do. Messi just cannot be stopped, his speed is phenomenal.
If you move with Messi, you almost always lose the duel. See the 3rd goal, Nani moved, Messi made a fool out of him and 10 seconds later the ball is in the net.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The game really highlighted the problems have in central midfield. Barcelona have three excellent players in the center whilst United had two good players. United's defense wasn't bad, Vidic and Ferdinand made good tackles and clearances but they didn't have any protection from the midfield.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.Barcelona won
2.Messi was brilliant and scored on English Soil
3.Villa scored a screamer
4.Xavi and Iniesta>Giggs and Carrick
5.Im fucking happy

VISCA BARCA

AMAZING GAME

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eh, well, time to rebuild... Fergie's definitely planning to break Barcelona now, after all, they've just finished Liverpool. The current team was going to go anyway, so it's good timing.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shinigami357 said:
Eh, well, time to rebuild... Fergie's definitely planning to break Barcelona now, after all, they've just finished Liverpool. The current team was going to go anyway, so it's good timing.

To rebuild? Rebuild what? Only thing we need is hold the team together and improve the midfield. That is all. We don't need to rebuild shit at the moment.

We need at least 2 really good midfield players to get on an even level with Barcelona. Probably more. But even then, I don't see us winning against the Barcelona that beat us at Wembley, they were on fire and the few times they play that way in a season, NO ONE can stop them.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Shinigami357 said:

To rebuild? Rebuild what? Only thing we need is hold the team together and improve the midfield. That is all. We don't need to rebuild shit at the moment.

We need at least 2 really good midfield players to get on an even level with Barcelona. Probably more. But even then, I don't see us winning against the Barcelona that beat us at Wembley, they were on fire and the few times they play that way in a season, NO ONE can stop them.

I was basing this on our upcoming keeper change. Everyone knows Fergie's utmost problem in creating a championship team is the keeper. Took him a while to replace Schmeichel with VDS, that sorta thing. Also, he's sort of alluding to making moves to do something of the sort anyways (according to reports, anyways). The man wants to destroy Barcelona, pure and simple. We'll be sure to keep our core, but cetainly, the team will be a bit changed by next few seasons.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So reports say that Casillas is claiming Real would have beaten United in the UCL Semis. Wow. Damn, I'm not sure if it's because there are only 2 teams in Spain, but he might have forgotten, they (Braca and Real) are not the end-all and be-all of club football. Gee.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shinigami357 said:
So reports say that Casillas is claiming Real would have beaten United in the UCL Semis. Wow. Damn, I'm not sure if it's because there are only 2 teams in Spain, but he might have forgotten, they (Braca and Real) are not the end-all and be-all of club football. Gee.

Yeah, Swansea City all the way Bro! We'll show Arsenal how to play winning tipp-tappy football.

Yeah, I'm still on a high from Monday. I can't believe we're in the Premiership.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shinigami357 said:
Well.. they didnt make it that far?
IN HIS FACE!

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shinigami357 said:

Yeah, what a fail. Didn't expect this coming from him. He is really underestimating United, United would kick their arse.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Van Persie is a bit angry with Spain and Chelsea. He says: "Chelsea players are always bitching against the referees. I really cannot understand that. Just shut the f*** up and focus on playing football."
I'm a bit surprised with that, coming from him. Here's the source: Source
Oh and I just don't get Mark Hughes. He did well at Fulham, top 10 and Europa League yet he still decides to leave? I think he'll go to Villa or Chelesa..

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Leo Cantus said:
Van Persie is a bit angry with Spain and Chelsea. He says: "Chelsea players are always bitching against the referees. I really cannot understand that. Just shut the f*** up and focus on playing football."
Oh and I just don't get Mark Hughes. He did well at Fulham, top 10 and Europa League yet he still decides to leave? I think he'll go to Villa or Chelesa..
Why would be surprised with his statement?
I mean he plays for the gunners o.o.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Leo Cantus said:

Top 10 at Fulham is the best he's going to do. They're a small club who really aren't going to do anything beyond 7th at best. The likely destination (Villa) have more in resources and infrastructure.

And the Europa league is a joke now.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
emigre said:
Leo Cantus said:

Top 10 at Fulham is the best he's going to do. They're a small club who really aren't going to do anything beyond 7th at best. The likely destination (Villa) have more in resources and infrastructure.

And the Europa league is a joke now.
They need to keep hold of Ashley Young and Stewart Downing, as well as find a replacement for Brad Friedel. Apparently Barcelona have bidded again for Fabregas. It would be good to keep him, but if we get around £50 million it wouldn't be too bad as long as Wenger is willing to spend it. To be honest, would he get into the Barca team? I doubt it. Xavi and Iniesta are better, he's not in the first team for Spain either.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Leo Cantus said:
Why would be surprised with his statement?
I mean he plays for the gunners o.o.
This.

PS
Maybe he could try directing comments of that variety to his erstwhile manager, the "great" Arsene Wenger... Frigging whiner...

Group statistics

Group owner:
Costello
Members:
Threads:
Photos:

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum