The Amazing Spiderman 2

Zeliga

One step closer.
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah wtf man, spider man his always used web shooters, they ruined him in the first series of shitty movies by making it not work the way it always has if you are going to complain about something this is the one thing that is not an option.

No, no no I do love spiderman but im just not used to see him use the webshooter, sorry :S

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, no no I do love spiderman but im just not used to see him use the webshooter, sorry :S

Then you haven't watched a whole lot of Spider-Man outside of the "cry cry mj cry cry" tobey maguire films.

Personally, I like the look of this film so far. I actually was one of the few that really liked Spider-Man 3 (Aside from the emo/dancing and poor choice of Eddie Brock). The rest of the film was fantastic. I mean, when I think of Spider-Man, I don't think of some whiney little cry baby bitch like Toby portrayed him as in the first 2 films.

Zeliga

One step closer.
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you haven't watched a whole lot of Spider-Man outside of the "cry cry mj cry cry" tobey maguire films.

Personally, I like the look of this film so far. I actually was one of the few that really liked Spider-Man 3 (Aside from the emo/dancing and poor choice of Eddie Brock). The rest of the film was fantastic. I mean, when I think of Spider-Man, I don't think of some whiney little cry baby bitch like Toby portrayed him as in the first 2 films.

Sorry didnt get the chance to see any cartoons or read the comics.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Peter is dead in all of the books.

@ Gahars
To be fair Peter's death in the Ultimate Spider-Man was handled extremely well and was bound to happen eventually. Miles Morales is actually a pretty good replacement too, probably one of my favorites to wear the Spider suit. Peter's death in the Amazing Spider-Man was completely insulting though.

@ ASM2 Trailer
Now before I talk about the trailer some thoughts about the original movie. The first Amazing Spider-Man sucked so much ass because of how many plotholes were just blatantly left there. Plotholes that were originally filled before the director decided to make himself Sony's bitch and removed like 20 minutes of footage that would have made the film Amazing like it was supposed to be. I mean as if you wouldn't look at what happened to Sam Raimi and Spider-Man 3 and realise that if Sony tells you to do something to your film you do the opposite.

I think it just might be for my entire dislike towards the first ASM but this trailer to me just looked terrible. Electro looks pretty awful but at least he looks like he was inspired by the Ultimate Electro design. Paul Giamatti just looks like Paul Giamatti. Peter Parker looks awkward in the worst way possible, just like in the first ASM. And finally Emo Goblin looks like he's playing the exact same character from Chronicle. I understand that Rhino will be the villain Spider-Man beats up at the start of the film but I'm worried about two vital villains being in the film at once.

Also is it just me or did it look like they once again put the after-credits scene into the trailer?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xWaICIv.jpg

I'M THE APEX PREDATOR, PETER!

I miss DaFoe already.

Reactions: Hyro-Sama

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually really liked the first one (surprise surprise) save a few issues.
I am looking forward to this one as well (another surprise).
Not only is Emma Stone a killer Gwen, but I like where they are going with the villains, heading for the sinister six line up.

The villain design however... not so much.

From the original trilogy (RIP lol) JJJamison should have been kept, because he was perfect in every way, and this might be my own volition but IMO Willem Dafoe made a terrifyingly good Norman Osborn/Green Goblin.

/Swings away before Gahars beats me with a stick

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
This movie seems to be off to a great start. It's already got a 6.9 from IGN. (Better known as Incompetent Gaming News.) Watch your backs, Marvel.

tumblr_mraf37pQYL1qivqtjo3_400.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the Toby Mcguire spiderman movies.
Really? Can you elaborate? Im actually interested. I like parts or characters from them, but not them entirely.
For instance, Green Goblin and JJJamison were top notch. But other things... not so much. Toby made a great Peter, but a bad Spider-man.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I agree with Bortz. By far, my favourite character in the first 3 movies was Jameson. I also think that Alfred Molina resembled a lot DocOc in appearence.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Can you elaborate? Im actually interested. I like parts or characters from them, but not them entirely.
For instance, Green Goblin and JJJamison were top notch. But other things... not so much. Toby made a great Peter, but a bad Spider-man.

Not him, obviously, but I'll step up to the plate and offer my two cents. (Also I started writing, then realized I wrote too much but I can't stop now because I'm too invested).

1) Tone - The most important thing to remember is that Raimi's movies are based almost entirely on 60's-70's Spider-Man. Raimi hits just about the right balance of campiness and dramatic, cycling between the two from scene to scene (at least for the first two). The Amazing Spider-Man is a Spider-Man movie that wishes it was Batman.
2) Direction - The CG hasn't aged all that well, but Raimi's stylistic direction still holds up. I mean, just take a look at this scene. There's practical effects and stunt work involved here; mix that with Raimi's camerawork and every blow has weight. The audience "feels" every punch Pete takes, which makes the beat down and comeback all the more effective. Contrast that with, well, this. The camerawork is just kinda... there. There's no real impact when they hit each other, and it just looks like a cartoon or cutscene half of the time. The movie's ten years older but somehow looks far worse.
3) Peter - It seems kinda weird to say, but Peter Park, not Spider-Man, is the core of a Spider-Man movie. Think of it like the Iron Man movies - as cool as the suit may look, if Tony Stark doesn't work, then the movie doesn't work. Toby's Spider-Man was weak, but his Peter was strong, and that's what matters most. Andrew Garfield is just kind of awful as Peter. I don't think it's his fault; the guy's actually a pretty great actor. It's a problem of writing, direction, and casting more than anything else.
4) Writing - Raimi's Spider-Man has the greatest line of all time. Amazing Spider-Man has Uncle Ben die for chocolate milk. Plus, I don't know, Raimi's stuff is just a lot more memorable and quotable. There's not really any line that sticks out to me from ASM, and making everything tie in to Oscorp is just so damn limiting.

Raimi's movies are far from perfect (MJ's pretty flat as a character, Toby's Spider-Man isn't nearly as quippy as he should be, even I find the corniness a little much at time, Spider-Man 3, etc.), of course. The perfect Spider-Man adaptation was Spectacular Spider-Man, but that was cancelled because we are the playthings of a vengeful, spiteful God.

Raimi's Spider-Man movies are basically the Marvel equivalent of the Donner Superman films. They capture and embrace the Silver Age spirit perfectly - they're cheesy and corny, sure, but endearingly so. The Amazing Spider-Man was just made for the copyright and it shows.

Any disagreements can be filed here.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States

I guess I got a problem with change is my biggest issue. Its kinda like the new batman movie is gonna have Ben Afleck which even though I like him I accepted Christian Bale as batman. Toby Mcguire was a good Peter and spiderman to me and they did 3 movies with a cliff hanger ending and just stopped and started over with "The Amazing Spiderman". Willem Dafoe and James Franco as the goblins, it just all seem too good to change and start fresh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro